Page 19 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829691195191019 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3454614;
    interesting quote. perhaps someone gets seriously injured or someone dies and they decide to postpone everything. Would they do that?
    Based on looks alone (how shallow am I, lol), I'd like it to be halfway through the episodes with Kip telling Jillian he's head-over-heels in love; she responding that she feels the same way, and they elope.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

'The Bachelorette' sneak peek: Chris Harrison on Jillian, condiments, and adding extra beefcake

May 18, 2009, 02:04 PM | by Lindsay Soll for POPWATCH

Harrison Our favorite dating franchise returns tonight on ABC (9 p.m. EST) when last season's Bachelor cast-off, hot tub hottie Jillian, takes the throne as the star of The Bachelorette. Since it's been oh-so-long since we last got our rose fix, we decided to check in with host (and EW blogger) extraordinaire Chris Harrison to find out what sort of madness we can look forward to this season.

ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: How are you guys ever going to top the most shocking season of The Bachelor yet (a.k.a. Jason's chapter)?
    CHRIS HARRISON: The good news is we’ve never really tried to top anything or do anything different. I think one of the main reasons the show has been so successful is you just plug the people into the scenario and then you let it happen. Every season is different. Everybody comes in with their own baggage, their own issues -- and they always surface. Nobody is the same. You can’t go, you know, Oh look what Jason did. Let’s have Jillian jump off a roof or something crazy. Halfway through the season, there is something different that happens with Jillian that we’ve never faced before. You don’t plan for it, you don’t script it -- because you can’t.

Why did you decide to start off with 30 guys rather than 25?
    It was really interesting with Jillian. I kind of thought that there was going to be a huge overwhelming response for Melissa [Rycroft] to be the Bachelorette considering what happened. When Jillian got voted off, there was a huge response, and that’s normal. I was thinking it would die away when everyone saw what was going to happen at the end. But the response and support for Jillian never went away like it usually does with some of these girls. Week after week, even toward the finale, people were still asking for Jillian to be the Bachelorette. Once it got out that Jillian was going to be the Bachelorette, the response went through the roof from the guys. So we thought because she’s this popular, we should bring in more men.

Read more after the jump.

Did Jillian know going in that there were going to be 30 men going after her?
    She had no clue that first night. The way it works is that there’s a limo that arrives and there’s 25 guys, then halfway through the cocktail party, I come in and do my deal. I say, "By the way, we’re not done yet -- there’s actually five more guys joining us." You could’ve heard a pin drop [laughs]. I looked at it as a total positive for Jillian because there was more to choose from, but it was really overwhelming for her because there’s so much to handle that first night. It think she had just gotten the grasp and then all of a sudden, there’s five more guys. Five more names to remember. Five more stories to get to know. It was kind of a double-edged sword.

Will it still go down to 15 guys after the first rose ceremony?
    No, it will go down to 20. So the whole show is different from the first night on.

We're dying to know: how many mustard, ketchup, and general hot dog jokes do the guys make when they come out of the limo?
    [Laughs] I set the over/under to Jillian at about seven or eight. I was pleasantly surprised at how few guys went for the cheap, easy hot dog joke or whatever. There was only like two or three.

We figured about ten guys would even bring ketchup with them!
    Oh totally! I was expecting the worst. Because here’s the thing: guys suck. We’re not very bright and we’re not really creative. I assumed every guy would get out of the limo and make a stupid hot dog joke. So I was very impressed with my gender.These guys actually brought some game instead of saying something like, "I’m a kraut guy."

Sounds like they were really trying to woo her! Why do you think she's so likable?
    She’s so relatable. She’s really pretty without being ridiculously over-the-top beautiful. She’s normal, she’s got a personality. She’s got a little bit of everything. Also, she’s vulnerable. We saw the circumstances with her mom last season and what she’s overcome. I think she’s a self-made woman so there’s a lot to respect. She’s like this perfect little package that I think everyone’s kind of fallen in love with.

I’ve got to be honest, though, when I came into that first rose ceremony that night, I was not ready. Jason really took a lot out of everybody. I know people look at us and they’re like, oh you’re just producers or whatever and you really don’t care. But we do care. It was emotional for all of us whether you liked it or not, it took a lot out of us. I came in that first night thinking, man, I don’t know if I can do this again. But when I walked in and saw Jillian, she jumped up smiling and gave me a big hug, and I was ready to go. She just has that energy about her.

And, unlike Melissa, she dodged a major bullet having been sent packing by Jason just before the final rose ceremony.
    Yeah, and as great as Melissa would’ve been [as the Bachelorette], I’m kind of glad to step away from that. I don’t want to make the show about that. It happened, we dealt with it, and everybody’s living with it, but I don’t want it to become about that. That’s not what The Bachelor’s ever been. It was a weird, freak deal. I want it to become about this great girl, Jillian, who is now on her search for love, and I hope she can find it.

Oh Chris, this is the most telling interview ever!
    Jilly did jump off the roof!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

CHRIS HARRISON: The good news is we’ve never really tried to top anything or do anything different. I think one of the main reasons the show has been so successful is you just plug the people into the scenario and then you let it happen.
    Uh...Chris, your second sentence is in direct conflict with your first.

eta: Thanks for posting the article. I think all your BOLDs are funny. Love the new avatar!
    Last edited by I'msotired; 05-18-2009 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3454666;
    Based on looks alone (how shallow am I, lol), I'd like it to be halfway through the episodes with Kip telling Jillian he's head-over-heels in love; she responding that she feels the same way, and they elope.
    I like Kip, but I think deep down inside I'm hoping for Reid. I think he probably is there for the right reason and wants to find a girlfriend (like he said in his tweet). Since he is one of the last 5 guys coming in, I think he was one of them that applied to be on the show because of Jillian.

Either Kip or Reid is fine with me, but I'm secretly hoping for Reid I think.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

Not really...they do have their scenario, but it is the basic boy/girl meets boy/girl. I think he is saying that from there (with all the different personalities) anything can happen and does. Each season has had a flavor of its own because of the different people plugged into the basic.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3454666;
    This would be the highlight of the season for me....
    Seriously though, I hope it wasn't a death or anything like that. I hope it's something that is a good thing....like they didn't plan for Jillian to fall for someone so quickly and want to quit halfway through because she doesn't want to waste the other guys' time.....

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3454684;
    I like Kip, but I think deep down inside I'm hoping for Reid. I think he probably is there for the right reason and wants to find a girlfriend (like he said in his tweet). Since he is one of the last 5 guys coming in, I think he was one of them that applied to be on the show because of Jillian.

Either Kip or Reid is fine with me, but I'm secretly hoping for Reid I think.
    Reid didn't stand out to me in looks (I know that is shallow) so I just took to Kip because, well he's hawt!! I know looks are not everything though so I can't wait to see the guy's personalities tonight....I'm sure I'll love more of them after tonight. Who knows, maybe Kip will turn out to be someone I don't really like once I see his personality. Anyway, I am really trying to just root for Jilli and hoping she finds someone for her.... as we all are I'm sure.

eta: Sorry for the double post.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3454693;
    Seriously though, I hope it wasn't a death or anything like that. I hope it's something that is a good thing....like they didn't plan for Jillian to fall for someone so quickly and want to quit halfway through because she doesn't want to waste the other guys' time.....
    That happened before with Meredith's season, she knew she wanted Ian and had to string everyone along. So it doesn't fit the statement Chris made that it has never happened before.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3454693;
    Okay, here's another. Jillian discovers Wes's contract for apppearing on the show and boots him off.

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3454697;
    Reid didn't stand out to me in looks (I know that is shallow) so I just took to Kip because, well he's hawt!! I know looks are not everything though so I can't wait to see the guy's personalities tonight....I'm sure I'll love more of them after tonight. Who knows, maybe Kip will turn out to be someone I don't really like once I see his personality. Anyway, I am really trying to just root for Jilli and hoping she finds someone for her.... as we all are I'm sure.

eta: Sorry for the double post.
    Yes, Kip is definitely the hottest!! Haha! I just think Reid is cute and she seems happy with him on the hometown date with him so I think I am secretly rooting for him. However, I think seeing Kip with Jillian might convince me otherwise, haha!!!