Page 18 of 1415 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728681185181018 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyFaery;3453238;
    i put the link on that previous reply..but i guess I did it wrong because it didn't show up
    That's ok. Seems to be from the teleconference interviews she had last week.

Father of Bachelorette star hopes daughter finds love

The father of Alberta-born Bachelorette star Jillian Harris said it would be “fantastic” to see his 30-year-old daughter find her future husband in a crop of 30 suitors vying for her affections.

“I hope she meets someone that has honest and great feelings for her, and they can move forward after the show to create a solid relationship that could possibly turn into a marriage, and hopefully, a family,” said her father Glen Harris from his home in Kelowna.

He and fans across North America can soon find out what happens in Harris’ quest for love as the fifth season of the show, featuring Canada’s first Bachelorette, premieres tonight on Citytv and ABC.

Jillian, a restaurant designer and Peace River native, won over viewers when she appeared on the 13th instalment of the Bachelor and made it to the final three.

The show’s star, 32-year-old Jason Mesnick, ended up giving his final rose to Melissa Rycroft and later dumped her for runner-up Molly Malaney.

He drew criticism from fans for his change of heart, but Jillian told reporters in a conference call earlier this week that she holds no ill-will towards Mesnick and that the two have remained friends.

“It’s the type of character she is. She never holds a vendetta (against) anyone in any situation and she’s a compassionate, loving human being,” Glen said.

While Glen said he is not at liberty to divulge any details of the show, he said he is extremely excited for Jillian and prepared to watch today’s two-hour premiere surrounded by family and friends.

“We won’t have a big bash or event because first thing the next day, we’ll be heading (out of town),” he said. “But we’re all looking forward to it big time. It’s been an enormous event in Jillian’s life and it’s affected ours as well. We’re super proud of the way she has handled herself.”
    Father of Bachelorette star hopes daughter finds love | Edmonton | News | Edmonton Sun

Heading out to Hawaii to meet the final 2?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3453295;

That'll be interesting. Meeting the guys AFTER watching the premiere.

Father of Bachelorette star hopes daughter finds love | Edmonton | News | Edmonton Sun

hopefully! he probably didn't even realize he let that slip!

Thanks for posting Cupcakes.....I think that is a total possibility.

*Just a reminder of how close Jilli is to her father.*

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3453315;
    Thanks for posting Cupcakes.....I think that is a total possibility.

*Just a reminder of how close Jilli is to her father.*
    Awww that's so cute! Love Jillian's dad. I can't wait to see him meet the 'final 2' on TV!

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3451943;
    Chris Harrison Good Day LA Interview

Chris mentions that something happens in the middle of Jillian's season that has never happened before, that they all had to deal with. He mentions this twice. I wonder what that could be.
    Due to the filming schedule, I'd speculated on this before CH said this. The most extended preview they've shown gives the distinct impression that Jillian was sad--of course that was probably ramped up for drama--but it does make it appear that there's a story arc that changes midway. That's of course what happened in Deanna's season. Who thinks we may have another shark-jumping season and/or a script that veers?

I don't know if this has been posted, but tvgrapevine has an audio version of Jillian's conference call from Tuesday.

The Bachelorette Press Conference with Jilian Harris

ETA
    Some of the things she said in this interview was kinda hard to understand on paper, but a lot easier to understand when you hear it.
    Plus she's just adorable and sounds excited about everything =)
    Last edited by CashFoSho; 05-18-2009 at 12:49 AM.

Halfway through the season, there is something different that happens with Jillian that we’ve never faced before. You don’t plan for it, you don’t script it -- because you can’t.
    interesting quote. perhaps someone gets seriously injured or someone dies and they decide to postpone everything. Would they do that?