Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Bachelorette comes to Vancouver

Vancouver will set the scene for roses and romance when it's featured in this evening's episode of The Bachelorette.

In tonight's show, local girl and bachelorette Jillian Harris brings 13 guys vying for her affections to our fair city, showing off the various sites around her hometown.

Locations visited include Grouse Mountain, Granville Island and Stanley Park.

To get a taste of the wooers' Vancouver quarters, stop by the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver where the men stayed during their visit here and where one of them was sent home during a rose ceremony.

To mark their involvement in the love competition, the hotel will screen tonight's episode in its 900 West Lounge. Viewers can enjoy a "final rose cocktail" as they watch who gets the axe.
    24 Hours Vancouver
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Sorry for the double post. I wanted to point out something in that article:

........where the men stayed during their visit here and where one of them was sent home during a rose ceremony.
    It's interesting that they mention only one of the guys is sent home during the rose ceremony when two will be leaving from the actual rose ceremony.
    Roberto: "Ali wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me she's dreaming about puppies... The smile on her face was priceless."

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marloon;3487962;
    Cute interview. She's wearing the same outfit as on Regis and Kelly. She says CH is less cheesy in person. She has no problems with Tanner P, would have been open to having men of different races as part of the mix. She remarks that the cupcake she chose was yummy and kind of wedding cakey.
    Thanks CaliGal for letting us know about this interview.
    I did find it interesting that she pointed out to the interviewer that the cupcake she chose reminded her of wedding cake (paraphrasing) and then she giggled, I can almost imagine her winking about it...I think she said that for a reason.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3487983;
    It really was a cute interview. I like that she expanded on what her work is in greater detail than I've heard before.
    I liked that too. I didn't even think about her designing the kitchens. Very cute interview.

For anyone that's online already, the local radio station here said they're going to be interviewing Jillian this morning later in the show. I dunno when that is, but soon I think. You can listen online through their website. The station is WMMR (out of Philly, so I'm sure there will be a little talk about the hometown boy). I'll listen and give a summary, anyway.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3488111;
    For anyone that's online already, the local radio station here said they're going to be interviewing Jillian this morning later in the show. I dunno when that is, but soon I think. You can listen online through their website. The station is WMMR (out of Philly, so I'm sure there will be a little talk about the hometown boy). I'll listen and give a summary, anyway.
    Thanks for the heads up!

I wonder where she is? Still in CA?

dunno, and it hasn't aired yet. but they do offer podcasts for download on that same website so if it's anything worth listening to, anyone can go download it for free later.
    _(Moo!)

oh, she's on now!

-she just bought hammer pants (they were talking about that right before her interview). she's going to wear them today to an event in Toronto, so that must be where she is
    -the show buys her clothes, she gets to keep a fair amount. they take note of her preferences and favorite colors and style her to appeal to the audience
    -pay: they laughed at her initial idea of what she would get paid, she said the bachelors do not get paid anything. she said she did negotiate her pay to cover lost wages, and basically that she wasn't out to make money, she was in the show for its intended purpose
    -says she's done it all, the bar scene, eharmony, whatever, and this just had a sense of adventure
    -will it work? said she went into it just with a do-your-best attitude, and it can't be any more of a failure than her track record with love to date
    -Tanner P.: out of all the things negative that she would have to live with in a husband, she would hope that it would be something silly like a foot fetish. she had glowing things to say about him. then the host discussed sucking on the toes of someone with athlete's foot. lovely. and she then contrasted his fetish with David's anger
    -the hot dog thing. says she should write a book because everyone is all into it. she analyzed the host's preference for spicy mustard. another host said chili cheese, she said she hadn't figured that one out yet but settled on that he was just really gassy.

i can't believe they didn't even mention reid's name. but oh well!
    Last edited by MamaAmyG; 06-08-2009 at 08:43 AM.
    _(Moo!)

A Philly station that doesn't even mention the only bach. from Philly!?
    Sounds funny to me. Wonder if they were told not to ask any questions about Reid? Maybe because he is the last man standing.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2watch;3488137;
    A Philly station that doesn't even mention the only bach. from Philly!?
    Sounds funny to me. Wonder if they were told not to ask any questions about Reid? Maybe because he is the last man standing.
    I just posted over in the Kip thread that I've not seen or heard any mention of him nor Reid in any of her interviews. They are mysteriously absent one might say.