Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3608221;
    Re: the tweets of Ed in Atlanta, we talked about this last night in this thread.
    He was with 13,000 other field sales reps who were in Atlanta this week for the MGX conference. (Microsoft's global sales meeting.) Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer’s gave the keynote address yesterday. The conference ends today.

Sightings from Twitter (times are from last night):

Many college kids at 19 have fake id's, I don't think it's a big deal. But, calling her "hot" is a little odd.

I did a Tweet search which lead me to the posting above, but suddenly doesn't look that it is still on her home page and it has possibly been deleted. But here is what I did find -- you can draw your own conclusions.

babysitting all day..
    about 7 hours ago from mobile web

my mother just told me i'm "selfish to the core" because i taped the bachelorette last week and just now watched it. without her.
    9:14 PM Jul 19th from web

Here's a cute article from Canada.com

The Bachelorette makes her choice

The Bachelorette series finale settles the most important question facing the planet at the moment: will Vancouver chatterbox Jillian Harris choose Ed, the 29-year-old technology consultant or Kiptyn, the 31-year-old business developer?

Last week's episode saw Harris came face-to-face with the men she's rejected and kicked off the show in previous weeks.

This week, she'll choose her "true love" from the final two men left out of a pack of 13 hound-dogs that were willing to shamelessly compete for her affections on front of a national TV audience.

By next week she'll probably be single again.

But who cares? Cupid can strike any time, even if it's only a flesh wound that lasts as long as the cameras roll. Love has many guises, folks. Plus, last year's lovebirds from The Bachelor — Jason Mesnick and Molly Malaney — are still together, so anything is possible.

For those making their own choice at home between Kiptyn and Ed, here are a few things to consider:

- Earlier this summer, an ABC promo announcer exclaimed "These bachelors are making Jillian weak at the knees ... but one ... is absolute ... Kiptyn-ite!"

- Earlier in the series, one competitor said of Kiptyn: "That dude is literally good at everything, which sucks."

- After footage aired recently of Ed dancing drunk, Jillian told viewers at home, "Ed is the happiest, funniest drunk that I've ever met in my life."

But the Internet rumour mill suggests that Kiptyn will be the next Bachelor, so maybe Jillian will pass on the reality show Renaissance Man and go for the comedic lush Ed, who she loves because, in her own words, "he's a little bit of a nerd."

In a recent conference call, Jillian discussed the best qualities of her final two suitors.

"I'll have to say Kiptyn is so genuine and he has such a huge heart. With Ed, I would say just his balance. He's got a good balance in life between personal and business and family and he's just a very well rounded individual."

Jillian also said she's had a tough time handling all the attention, and juggling feelings for multiple men: "I've always been a very loving person. I've always been very affectionate, I've stayed friends with my exes. I've never fallen in love with more than one person. This experience was very confusing for me. I've just never been that lucky in my life. It was overwhelming."

Attention Cupid: You better pack more than one arrow.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3608378;
    Reid-ing the tea leaves on "The Bachelorette" finale
    Friday, July 24, 2009

Reid-ing the tea leaves on "The Bachelorette" finale | Philadelphia Inquirer | 07/24/2009
    To me that sounds like the finale wraps up things. There goes my theory

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3608115;
    Jake drives a limo? No wonder he's the black sheep of the family
    And did he actually tell Jillian that he wanted to be the bachelor?
    I don't know who that person is who wrote that article, but I seriously don't buy it. Told her this after the 3rd date (date or episode?)? Doesn't make sense. I'm no Rah-Rah Jake supporter, but no way do I believe this. The rest of his scenes with Jillian don't make sense if this were true.

And didn't pre-season sleuthing also turn up some other guy with a similar name that owned a limo company, or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by sallys;3608349;
    GEEZ! 7 hours? What are they gonna do? Drive the audience around in a non-AC'd limo with booze until they vow on their lives not to tell anyone?
    Girls will make passes
    At boys who lose their glasses
    I'll find them for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3608070;
    I understand. I think I'm getting ready to go to my "hole in the wall" & start practicing for Monday. I think I'll be disappointed if it's all been hype. I may go get a deep dish cheesesteak pizza with sushi on the side & wash it down with a Shot Gun Betty ale (local brew). It just seems....appropriate. I hope I don't pee-pee on the sidewalk.......again.
    Too funny Saffron! When you gotta go, you gotta go~

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3608395;
    I don't know who that person is who wrote that article, but I seriously don't buy it. Told her this after the 3rd date (date or episode?)? Doesn't make sense. I'm no Rah-Rah Jake supporter, but no way do I believe this. The rest of his scenes with Jillian don't make sense if this were true.

And didn't pre-season sleuthing also turn up some other guy with a similar name that owned a limo company, or something like that?
    But don't you guys remember they showed in the initial previews a clip of Wes saying to Jillian, "he looked me straight in the eye and said 'I'm going to be the next Bachelor.'"

Did we ever figure out who Wes was talking about?
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3608004;
    How Romantic Sounding: The Last Bachelor Standing + The Other Man

From ABC Medianet
    That's hilarious! Sounds like they're talking about a Western gunfight at the OK Coral, or a sporting event epic battle. How mushy of them!

"I hear that he's in L.A. shooting a show, perhaps the post-season special. "

hmmm... I wonder if it's ATFR?
    Last edited by Nani; 07-24-2009 at 06:21 PM.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3606083;
    I'd be interested in hearing this. Do you just google buzzworthyradio? Thanks in advance.
    I apologize for not getting to your post sooner...

This gets you to the main menu, scroll down to Chris Harrison 7/23/09 and click play.

BuzzWorthy Radio on Blog Talk Radio

Great interview for the pro-Reid crowd...

I think, at this point, the producers are less concerned about us knowing who the F1 is and more about whether or not Jillian is engaged. (This leads me to believe she already IS... with Reid.) Twice, we've seen Ed's drinking scene broadcast, while Kiptyn's charity work was emphasized at the MTA to ensure he is The Most Beloved Bachelor. Although the regular commercials still don't show Reid, there's no hiding him either. In the interview, Chris reminds us to watch the MTA preview all the way to the end. (My guess is that ABC got a lot of angry emails about the Maui episode and need to do damage control.)