Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

This stands out to me from the interview she had

Jillian revealed that before the finale rose ceremony, she turned to her dad for advice, telling him that she's falling in love with both guys, but in "real-life" timing would not be ready to accept a proposal. "I was not going to accept a proposal from someone I wasn't madly in love with."

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3604747;
    Yes it was a complete slip. To me it sounds like when Reid comes back he becomes the F2 minimally.
    I'm confused. What do you mean by the bolded? You mean he gets put into the F2 spot?

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3604781;
    This stands out to me from the interview she had
    I agree that's interesting. Almost as if she's saying she wanted the promise ring (from Reid obviously) vs. the engagement the other two were promising? I don't know. I want to believe
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3604784;
    I'm confused. What do you mean by the bolded? You mean he gets put into the F2 spot?
    He's at the very least F2! He could still be F1!

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3604789;
    I agree that's interesting. Almost as if she's saying she wanted the promise ring (from Reid obviously) vs. the engagement the other two were promising? I don't know. I want to believe
    No, I'm saying that she said she was 'falling in love' with the 2 guys, but not ready to be engaged before the Final Rose Ceremony. I thought she had her mind made up way before?

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3604798;
    No, I'm saying that she said she was 'falling in love' with the 2 guys, but not ready to be engaged before the Final Rose Ceremony. I thought she had her mind made up way before?
    Haha, I thought you were putting emphasis on "falling" in that she was falling in love with Kip and Ed and she was only in love with Reid (to coincide with what she said about falling in love with all three but only in love with one of them). Funny how everyone reads into it differently.

New interview from the Advocate: former contestant John Presser

Based on his first impressions, Presser is rooting for one of the two men left to receive the coveted "final rose" from Harris when the show's finale airs on Monday.

His pick is "the all-around good guy,"

Ed Swiderski, a technology consultant from Chicago.

"I hope she ends up with Ed. And it

would be my advice for Jillian to choose him," says Presser.

The rejected suitor says Jillian would also end up with a "great guy" with the other finalist, California surfer and entrepreneur Kiptyn Locke. It's just that in the "real world" the down-to-earth Swiderski may be a better fit for the vivacious Harris, who had her own heart broken when she appeared as a contestant on "The Bachelor" last
    year.

"Ed's just very sincere. If he proposed to her, I actually think it might last," says Presser. "If she chooses Kiptyn, my guess would be they date for a while and break up. He's just got very high standards. I don't know if he came (on the show) for Jillian. I think Ed did."

cpm
    FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by n4692u;3602593;
    I don't think she chose anyone. I have suspected that, but when she said she has started a new business in Canada, Jillian Harris Designs, that pretty much tells me she has no plans to move to Chicago, California or Philadelphia. She said on extra "by the time you get down to the final two, you know who you want to be with". In fact Mario Lopez said she knew long before the finale what her decision was going to be. Notice she didn't say "who I was going to chose". I don't think she's ever said that. She said finding love should not be all peaches and cream cause "love doesn't come easy". Where have we heard that before? On the show, she said Wes was totally her type, so that pretty much rules out her F3 guys Ed, Kip & Reid. Nope, she goes home alone and she's happy with that decision. Everything she has said we have heard before. Does anyone remember Brad Womack? He said he was "extremely happy with the turnout of the show", "I just want to get back to work", "I'm happy with my decision" and "I knew early on who I was going choose" (NOBODY). Jilly has said all of these things. Has anyone ever heard her say how happy she is with the guy she chose? No, she is happy with the "decision" she made.

It may be a happy ending for her as she has said, but not for us romantics out here who are just looking for a fairy tale ending.
    Enough already about the "she chooses no one" speculation route. I think there's been enough references in interview with Jillian that indicates she picks someone. Why would she talk about fear of the relationship failing if she picks no one?

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3604389;
    I mean I realize it's all ABC driven but that's the point: it's ridiculous. Reid can't be here due to a "prior engagement," "hopefully he can make ATFR," "all is not as it seems (or whatever Jill's exact words were)," "it's just watching tv." What, were we born yesterday? These insane comments are making me think (again, I'm such a waffler) that Reid is F1 otherwise they wouldn't be this cold about it. I don't know what to think.
    Ding ding ding!!!! With all the secrecy/teasing about Reid' return combined with cryptic interviews stating that the FRC day was dramatic, there is a twist, this is most romantic and emotional night in ABC's history, I think there are only two scenarios:

1) Reid is F1
    2) Ed is F1 and he does some big gesture at proposal or marries her on the spot.

Otherwise, all the interviews, edits, commercials etc don't make any sense. And didn't Jilly Bean tell us it would all make sense in the end?

I'm gonna throw myself in front of this train soon!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3604826;
    Ding ding ding!!!! With all the secrecy/teasing about Reid' return combined with cryptic interviews stating that the FRC day was dramatic, there is a twist, this is most romantic and emotional night in ABC's history, I think there are only two scenarios:

1) Reid is F1
    2) Ed is F1 and he does some big gesture at proposal or marries her on the spot.

Otherwise, all the interviews, edits, commercials etc don't make any sense. And didn't Jilly Bean tell us it would all make sense in the end?

I'm gonna throw myself in front of this train soon!
    But, in the teleconference she said that she talked with her dad before the FRC and said that she was falling in love with two guys, but not ready to be engaged in 'real life' terms and he said that it wouldn't be like a REAL engagement.