Thread: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Re: Bachelorette 5 - Media Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by reality-luv31;3604461;

You know, this kind of wedding would be a great compromise with an interfaith marriage...
    What is her faith?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Daliana;3604425;
    I believe they are filming tomorrow and yes, it's an open set. I know somebody who got in so there will be an audience.
    Does that mean it's not going to be staged and uncomfortable for the participants? Hope so.

I thought Jillian said in the interview that she was not really keen on getting engaged (feeling that she's falling for 2 guys or something) and her dad said that it doesn't have to mean marriage. Now people are having her dad be ok with a marriage right then and there?

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Daliana;3604425;
    I believe they are filming tomorrow and yes, it's an open set. I know somebody who got in so there will be an audience.
    How did she get in?? (get on a list or get tickets??) Can she tell you where they are taping the show? I'd love to try to attend, as I'm in LA.

If you don't want to post to the board, you can always PM me.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3604264;
    After all that we have seen let alone heard about Ed, even the stories don't balance, what's she talking about?. He went from hunky, chunky, bulky Ed to drunk, crassy Ed.

I can see she doesn't want to talk bad about any of these guys but why is she saying things that don't add up with what's out there in public. Either she doesn't know it or she got hoodwinked by him. I'm confused.
    Well, I was surprised to hear that description but I didn't spend time with him nor did I have deep conversations with him. She, Jillian, did. Sometimes people talk about how 'inadequate' they are in something when really they are not. It goes down to 'perception'. Another 'fact' that needs to be factored in when interpreting his view about needing balance in his life is his being 'single'. He probably thinks that 'emotionally', he has not done much to work on that aspect of his life, and given his age, priorities (career), he probably feels guilty about that, hence, his view regarding the need to inject balance in his life. Sometimes, it (guilt) develops when someone is constantly told to settle down, etc. At 29, I don't know that he really should worry about that ... it will come when he is emotionally ready and available.

From what I heard so far from Jillian, she and Ed had lengthy discussions about their families, ex-girlfriends, interests, religion, etc ... (culture). These discussions would have helped her define 'Ed' and led her to conclude that he is the most 'balanced' or well-rounded guy of the three. We did not get to hear their intimate talks ... see their interactions .... What we know of him come from what the 'film editors' chose to show us _ snippets of what the camera lens have captured and recorded. These 'snippets', often, are not necessarily definitive and conclusive. For instance, that scene showing a tipsy Ed hugging Jillian ... if we focus only on that part ... not put that 'interaction' in the proper context _ Jillian asking him to give her a hug despite his tipsy date _ one would readily conclude he is disrespecting her. However if you take into account what followed next _ him dancing ... and then leaving her laughing, you would have a different take or view. Jillian knew he was drunk but she had no problem asking him to hug her. He obviously did not scare her nor did she find him offensive.

I have seen a lot of drunks in my life ... some scared or disturbed me, others made me laugh. In Ed's case, if you had looked at that scene objectively, would say he looked neither scary nor crass. He simply looked wasted _ tipsy and in his drunkenness even looked utterly funny. I guess it is so presumptuous of me to assume that you would see it that way, after all,we are individuals.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3604345;
    Ding ding ding!

ETA: This is the most obvious answer. I find it hard to believe that Jillian would, as some have argued, be this insensitive toward Reid because of the "vicious attacks" from Reid fans on her blog. What?
    She was sympathetic to Wes and his edit but she blames Reid for the "attack" posts from his supporters he doesn't even know? Whaaaaat? Something doesn't smell right.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3604492;
    She was sympathetic to Wes and his edit but she blames Reid for the "attack" posts from his supporters he doesn't even know? Whaaaaat? Something doesn't smell right.
    Jillian didn't blame Reid. Where are you getting that?

FORT Newbie

See attached article from the examiner

To help Jillian in making her decision, the final dates on Hawaii's Big Island include an aerial tour of Kilauea volcano's active lava flows with Sunshine Helicopters, landing beside a secluded Hilo waterfall for a private barbecue with KapohoKine Adventures, and discovering a remote black sand beach with Captain Zodiac Rafting Adventures.

After exploring the diversity of the island, the couples continue their dates with dinner and alone time at the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel, Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel and The Fairmont Orchid, Hawaii resorts on the legendary Kohala Coast, the sun-soaked northwest side of the island that was once a popular retreat for Hawaiian royalty.

Why would they have 3 hotels if there are only 2 getting LCD??? Perhaps Reid gets one too?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3604497;
    Jillian didn't blame Reid. Where are you getting that?
    Pardon Me! Maybe that didn't sound right. What I meant to say was she was defending Wes and his edit.So why would she talk about Reid in a nonchalant way simply bec' some of his supporters were not nice in response to her blog. Does that make sense? Today, I am thoroughly confused. I am trying to makes sense with the posts running me ragged trying to understand what's currently happening on the board.

FORT Fan

I wonder why Reid has been so quiet on Twitter lately? He usually posts quite regularly but has not posted since July 13.

Also, any Reid insiders know if he's left for LA yet?