Page 8 of 668 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap Discussion Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3442902;
    I love the analysis - amateur or not! I look for those things too (on the show and in real life).
    I have to mention how tiny Jill is - she is super petite isn't she? And looking great in a white dress!
    Some of the guys look a bit dorky, but there are some cuties in there too. I thought I saw Bob Guiney's twin - poor Jill!
    I thought I was the only one who thought that!

That is Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3442923;
    I thought I was the only one who thought that!

That is Mark!
    Really? I thought Julien looked like Bob a little!

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3442731;
    This is why it's pure psycho-babble at this point. . . . Body language can SOMETIMES give clues, but not when the shots are selected by the PTB pro's who know we're looking for that. Any analysis based on ABC released SCs is always going to be suspect.
    I'd add a blanket caution that it's dangerous to invest too much stock in "reading" the shows themselves in terms of body language, since (a) the "characters" are cast into "roles," and (b) the footage is edited with a ginsu knife.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle;3442902;
    I love the analysis - amateur or not! I look for those things too (on the show and in real life).
    I have to mention how tiny Jill is - she is super petite isn't she? And looking great in a white dress!
    Some of the guys look a bit dorky, but there are some cuties in there too. I thought I saw Bob Guiney's twin - poor Jill!
    Same for me. It's all in fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3442441;

Will Kyle have designs on Jilly? He is a tall one!
    Kyle may not get very far in that Members Only pleather jacket!

Quote Originally Posted by hotlanta babe;3443298;
    Kyle may not get very far in that Members Only pleather jacket!
    That pic has me rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3443044;
    I'd add a blanket caution that it's dangerous to invest too much stock in "reading" the shows themselves in terms of body language, since (a) the "characters" are cast into "roles," and (b) the footage is edited with a ginsu knife.
    Exactly. This whole thing is edited to within an inch of it's life and they're working off of a loose script. What body language there is, it's been clobbered together in the editing room. We might be better off with psychic readings.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**No screencaps in here please**

I hear that some body language readers purport to have psychic abilities as well. Unfortunately, last season the body language and psychic wires got crossed and the prediction was that Melissa was F1 of the Bachelor instead of F1 of its sequel--Dancing with the Stars. Oh wait . . . she was F1 of the Bachelor. She just wasn't the F F1--the Jason Loves Melissa Forevah and Evah F1. But now her tattoo is all sequined and she's primed for F1.

Screencaps don't lie, but putting them together into the storyline is the real challenge. This show is more and more like a WhoDunnit than a Romance novel.

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**No screencaps in here please**

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3443710;
    I hear that some body language readers purport to have psychic abilities as well. Unfortunately, last season the body language and psychic wires got crossed and the prediction was that Melissa was F1 of the Bachelor instead of F1 of its sequel--Dancing with the Stars. Oh wait . . . she was F1 of the Bachelor. She just wasn't the F F1--the Jason Loves Melissa Forevah and Evah F1. But now her tattoo is all sequined and she's primed for F1.

Screencaps don't lie, but putting them together into the storyline is the real challenge. This show is more and more like a WhoDunnit than a Romance novel.
    If I were psychic, I would have won the $100M+ MegaMillions Lottery and my bet for the Kentucky Derby 2 weeks ago while in Vegas. If you read my two posts, I think my keywords were: "absolutely worthless armchair psychology" and "psycho-babble" when reading body language coming from ABC-produced SCs. Most of us who have degrees in psychology or psychiatry don't dabble with tarot readings, etc.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-11-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3443742;
    Most of us who have degrees in psychology or psychiatry don't dabble with tarot readings, etc.
    Tarot readings make for more fun party tricks, I must admit!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers