Thread: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3608804;
    Then my only question is, if it's A, then how did he get it?
    Acc' to LisaMill at some point after leaving at f3 Reid flew to LA then flew back to HI. If it is an heirloom maybe the family couriered it to him in LA? Any scenario is possible.

Heres one of Neil Lanes rings - the band looks like Reids eternity ring
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3608833;
    Acc' to LisaMill at some point after leaving at f3 Reid flew to LA then flew back to HI. If it is an heirloom maybe the family couriered it to him in LA? Any scenario is possible.
    OOO...then my theory from way back when played out! Yipee! I got one right. I surmised that IF Reid returned, maybe they did a turn-around at LAX, that he would not have gotten all the way home to Philly - thus no earlier sighting.

Sorry...but it isn't often I get a speculation somewhere in the ballpark.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3608658;
    I don't think so. His nails are different.
    I think it has to be Kip, Ed or the jeweler.
    Someone did a finger comparison and said Reid had a bit of curve at the joint in his thumb and concluded blue suit guy is Reid.

If someone can get a SC of Reid's hands from FD or even 1-1 date when Jillian is talking about being different and she is fidgeting with his hand, you can get a good shot of his fingers. I remember seeing some good hand shots of Reid in FD.
    Something to work on till ATFRC news comes in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3608840;
    Looks like the closest match to the one Reid is holding. Could be the diamond is covered by his fingers as someone speculated earlier. We may have a winner here. Even if it's not the exact ring, the band looks the closest to any of the 3 rings we have seen so far. The other two rings look like plain bands.

FORT Regular

There are countless rings that look like that ring Reid is holding. It's a classic design. In fact, my sister in law's wedding band is just like it (13 yrs old) except in platinum with bigger diamonds. My Mom has one in gold like the one pictured, but with bigger diamonds. I don't think you can attribute a ring that style to a particular designer. As I said, it is a traditional, classic, fav and is given to a woman for all sorts of reasons--wedding band, promise ring, birth of a child, anniversary, special birthday, just because, amends for a transgression , etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3608800;
    In an interview on blog talk radio yesterday he said Reid comes back with a diamond ring and it was his idea (not scripted or the producers' idea) and Reid's still in play. (It's a really boring interview due to the slowness of the interviewers but it's in the beginning.)

I thought I also read here somewhere he said it directly that Reid proposes, but maybe not and there are too many threads to go back through to try and find it.
    now why is this ring not scripted? (if not scripted reid knows the other men come with a ring so he should have one too). we have all talked about scripting: the ed rose, the go the return, the stilted conversations etc. i do not want to be jaded but there is a whole lot of scripting going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Topiary13;3608858;
    There are countless rings that look like that ring Reid is holding. It's a classic design. In fact, my sister in law's wedding band is just like it (13 yrs old) except in platinum with bigger diamonds. My Mom has one in gold like the one pictured, but with bigger diamonds. I don't think you can attribute a ring that style to a particular designer. As I said, it is a traditional, classic, fav and is given to a woman for all sorts of reasons--wedding band, promise ring, birth of a child, anniversary, special birthday, just because, amends for a transgression , etc.
    Ok - go ahead and burst my bubble!

I don't know. The diamonds look different to me.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3608888;
    I don't know. The diamonds look different to me.
    Agreed - I dont think it is the same, but at least we know that Lane has designed something potentially similar!