Thread: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3608594;
    Reid is not holding the ring that blue suit guy is holding.

Reid's ring is gold, it's either a) vintage, antique or heirloom or b) from Brilliant Earth, an eco-friendly diamond manufacturer that uses Canadian diamonds. They have the exact ones on their website. Personally I think it is a.
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing as opposed to trying to come up with answers. Since I started this whole thing today, let me go back to what the question is.

The blue suit guy holding the ring is still in the most recent previews. The ring does not match one from recent prior seasons. It doesn't seem to match Ed or Kip's ring.

So, since Chris has said Reid proposes, and the goldish eternity ring we see him holding at the hotel in a tan shirt is not an engagement ring per se, could he have gotten a second ring, a real engagement ring, that he takes to the FRC. Could he be the blue suit guy?

Jeweler Neil Lane put out a press release today saying it created a custom ring for one of the guys to give Jillian. I'm supposing that the show would have given this ring to the guy Jillian is most likely to accept, so the ring gets more bang for the promotional buck.

If the blue suit guy is holding the Neil Lane ring (which I don't know, but why else is he in the previews), who is he? Could he be Reid?

Others have then suggested maybe the blue suit ring is the same as Reid's gold eternity band and they turned the diamond part from the camera and fiddled with the color.

At this point, either could be true, or the blue suit guy could be the Neil Lane employee showing the ring to one of the guys, or it might just be a photo thrown in to confuse us and mean nothing --particularly if it turns out Kip or Ed's ring was made by Neil Lane.

But, we have three different diamond engagement rings (blue suit guy, Ed and Kip). Who is the guy in the blue suit holding the third ring?

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3608634;
    I don't think anyone is disagreeing as opposed to trying to come up with answers. Since I started this whole thing today, let me go back to what the question is.

The blue suit guy holding the ring is still in the most recent previews. The ring does not match one from recent prior seasons. It doesn't seem to match Ed or Kip's ring.

So, since Chris has said Reid proposes, and the goldish eternity ring we see him holding at the hotel in a tan shirt is not an engagement ring per se, could he have gotten a second ring, a real engagement ring, that he takes to the FRC. Could he be the blue suit guy?

Jeweler Neil Lane put out a press release today saying it created a custom ring for one of the guys to give Jillian. I'm supposing that the show would have given this ring to the guy Jillian is most likely to accept, so the ring gets more bang for the promotional buck.

If the blue suit guy is holding the Neil Lane ring (which I don't know, but why else is he in the previews), who is he? Could he be Reid?

Others have then suggested maybe the blue suit ring is the same as Reid's gold eternity band and they turned the diamond part from the camera and fiddled with the color.

At this point, either could be true, or the blue suit guy could be the Neil Lane employee showing the ring to one of the guys, or it might just be a photo thrown in to confuse us and mean nothing --particularly if it turns out Kip or Ed's ring was made by Neil Lane.

But, we have three different diamond engagement rings (blue suit guy, Ed and Kip). Who is the guy holding the third ring?
    do we have SC of all past seasons?

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

But, we have three different diamond engagement rings (blue suit guy, Ed and Kip). Who is the guy in the blue suit holding the third ring?
    I don't think so. His nails are different.
    I think it has to be Kip, Ed or the jeweler.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Regular

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but apparently I missed it...when did Chris say this??

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3608594;
    Reid is not holding the ring that blue suit guy is holding.

Reid's ring is gold, it's either a) vintage, antique or heirloom or b) from Brilliant Earth, an eco-friendly diamond manufacturer that uses Canadian diamonds. They have the exact ones on their website. Personally I think it is a.
    Eco-friendly? Really? I know Reid seems to be an environmentalist.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beth0419;3608641;
    do we have SC of all past seasons?
    I just did Jason and Melissa, Deanna and Jesse, Deanna and Jason and I know it's not Brad's because they put Brad's ring in the Deanna/Jason/Jesse season or Jason/Melissa season and it was so out of place I saved it and later matched it to Brad. Here's Brad's that turned up later.

I only started watching this show when Brad was down to his final three, so I have no idea what rings were shown before that.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3608663;
    And they are Brilliant.
    We need not think alike to love alike

ms_kreddy

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3608663;
    Reid is an environmentalist? I didn't know that, but I read a Canadian interview in which Jillian is all about being green and even trying to incorporate it into her designs.

They really are a match made in heaven!

FORT Fanatic

I know that neil Lane has said that the engagement ring is his....but what is to say he did not both of the rings that were used. he would not be lieing, just not telling the full story. Never were the words spoken that he designed one of the rings. Similiar to past episodes where the bachelors have three rings to chooses from but all are the same designer...(ie tacori)...it may be as simple as a play on words.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_kreddy;3608674;
    Reid is an environmentalist? I didn't know that, but I read a Canadian interview in which Jillian is all about being green and even trying to incorporate it into her designs.

They really are a match made in heaven!
    Yeah, he talked in his blog that he went to some class about environmentally friendly homes or whatever. He really seemed to be into it.