Thread: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by tigger1617;3607860;
    ok - totally reaching here. But could the eternity band and the ring in blue suit guy be the same - but the one we see Reid holding is turned so we can't see the big diamond part? (Guess you can tell I'm on team Reid here - although I like all of the F3).
    That's what I was wondering.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by miccisue;3607866;
    Is everyone sure "blue suit guy with an engagement ring" isn't a retread from a past season?
    It's not the ring Jason got Melissa.

It's not the ring Jesse got Deanna (which is not a Neil Lane.)

I just went back and watched the video of Jason picking out his ring for Deanna and it's not that one. It's the one on the left.

This is the one they are showing:

FORT Fanatic

I think if you look carefully at the "blue suit" ring and the Ed ring, there is a similarity. The top (although hard to
    see on BS ring) on both seem to be rounded and the intricate work around them are similar. They are shown at
    different angles and one has more natural light on it so at first they do not seem similar. My eyes are old despite
    cataract surgery so I could be way off base??? Also, I do not have near the experience at this sleuthing as you guys
    all seem to have. I also wonder if the blue suit ring (at least the band on it) does not bear some resemblance to the
    eternity band (or whatever it's called) being held by Reid (?). The small "bumps", if you will, around
    the edges seem the same. Again, grasping at straws??

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3607949;
    No, the 'brown suit' guy is Ed.

Reid is at the Hilton.

Ed and Kiptyn are at another hotel.
    Wait wait. We already saw that Ed is wearing a gray suit in the Screencaps and that Kip is wearing the blue suit right? So how could Ed be wearing a brown suit?
    Reid: "You know they do this in Philadelphia? You can actually jump on a guys back and they take you around the city."
    Jillian: "Really?"
    Reid: "Nah"

FORT Fogey

Ed's ring (no doo-hickeys on the sides, too blingy and wrong shape)

Kip's ring (no doo-hickeys on the sides)

Blue suit guy (doo-hickeys on the side -- and wingtips)

But, the back side of the blue-suit guy's ring does look like the eternity band, both have embedded diamonds. It's just that Reid's band seems gold. So, it could be that Reid's band is turned to hide the diamond and color-shopped, or that Reid gets a real engagement ring we haven't seen yet for the actual FRC, or that the blue suit guy is (a) the Neil Lane salesman or (b) a planted photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bag My Frodo;3608055;
    Wait wait. We already saw that Ed is wearing a gray suit in the Screencaps and that Kip is wearing the blue suit right? So how could Ed be wearing a brown suit?
    The coloring is just off. Plus, that's the hotel that hallway is at. Where Kip and Ed are staying.

Reid is at the Hilton.

I think that ring the 'blue suit' guy is holding matches the band that Reid is holding.

FORT Regular

I wish the blue suit guy was Reid, wish that ring was his engagement ring, and wish that the ring the blue suit guy is holding is same as the eternity ring Reid is holding on the balcony, but they're just not all falling together for me. The balcony eternity ring looks too big and the stones on the side too pronounced to be blue suit guy's ring.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3608017;
    It's not the ring Jason got Melissa.

It's not the ring Jesse got Deanna (which is not a Neil Lane.)

I just went back and watched the video of Jason picking out his ring for Deanna and it's not that one. It's the one on the left.

This is the one they are showing:

The last and second to last rings look different. Notice in the second to last SC there is a small sq. or round diamond on the side on the big one. Also the ring itself as it tapers off is different than the ring in the last SC. It is not as wide when you look to the side compared to the SC above it which looks like it's got some mesh/geometric pattern to the side of the big diamond and small diamond next to it.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3608073;
    Ed's ring (no doo-hickeys on the sides, too blingy and wrong shape)

Kip's ring (no doo-hickeys on the sides)

Blue suit guy (doo-hickeys on the side -- and wingtips)

But, the back side of the blue-suit guy's ring does look like the eternity band, both have embedded diamonds. It's just that Reid's band seems gold. So, it could be that Reid's band is turned to hide the diamond and color-shopped, or that Reid gets a real engagement ring we haven't seen yet for the actual FRC, or that the blue suit guy is (a) the Neil Lane salesman or (b) a planted photo.
    I am a jeweler, and the ring shown with Reid at the end of the last episode is not one of these rings from the side or bottom view. They are two totally different rings. I am going to go back and look at all the SC's and see what I think you are mentioning with diamonds on the side of the center diamond.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Reid is not holding the ring that blue suit guy is holding.

Reid's ring is gold, it's either a) vintage, antique or heirloom or b) from Brilliant Earth, an eco-friendly diamond manufacturer that uses Canadian diamonds. They have the exact ones on their website. Personally I think it is a.
    We need not think alike to love alike