Thread: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by holly1959;3552980;
    I saw the pictures on the Screencap Only thread and went "oh my God, Kip's in the middle" and then I realized they were from this past week when they were waiting for Jillian to come back in. I am a nervous wreck about next week. This is crazy. LOL
    LOL!! I did the exact same thing!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3552932;
    Alright, all you body language experts - look at the arm placement in the three hugs.

Ed - Jillian's arms are on top (dominant?)
    Reid - Jillian's arms are on bottom (submissive?)
    Kip - one top, one bottom (give and take, equals?)

Whaddyathink?
    I was invited over here to comment--my thanks for that invitation.

So far in looking for the first time at the hugs I am concentrating on the men.

What is most striking--to me anyway--is Reid's hug of Jillian.

He is enfolding her in his arms in an almost "sacred" way--as though she is the most important thing in the world to him and he wants them to be "one." He also ahs his eyes closed which could indicate that he is really tryiing to savor this moment of being so close to her.

I agree that Ed's hug is very awkward--as though she is a piece of fragile china and not a flesh and blood woman he desires.

Kip's--well--what a joyous event--exhuberant--not asexual in the least--but it reminds me of the hugs that teammates give each other when they win a very difficult game. It feels to me like a "We're together in this thing" kind of hug.

One more idea about Reid's hug--it feels like a "coming home" hug--as though they have been separated (not by choice) for a long time with many difficulties during that time and now--at last--they are together again.

Simultaneously wanting to completely engulf the other person but at the same time not quite believing that they are really there in your arms.

That's off the top of my head--my first impressions. More later when I've had a chance to think about these.
    Last edited by steppemaster; 07-08-2009 at 06:58 PM.

FORT Newbie

from abcmedianet

Jillian takes Ed on a boat ride to a remote cove where the couple play in the pristine water. She has some very serious concerns about this bachelor, but out on the boat, Ed, who is head over heels in love with Jillian, presents her with a thrilling and totally unexpected surprise that shows just how serious he is about her......

In the boat, Ed, who is head over heels in love with Jillian, presents her with a thrilling and totally unexpected surprise thatan attempt to get more insight so she can make her crucial decision,

I think it is his family coming to meet her- the video shows him saying 'it will be great'
    Flying his parents all the way to HI to meet her will a) show her that he IS serious about her and b)give her more insight by allowing her to meet the parents.

BTW they are being very secretive and therefore not showing any footage of this. The whole Luau part of a date is not mentioned at all in this press realease- maybe not to give to much away. but, it is mentioned in other dialogue by CH.

Team ED!! and REID too.. either one of those as F1 would be great.

FORT Fogey

One more first impression about Ed's hug--it seems possessive. He is reaching waaay down--almost to her pelvic area. It almost seems like a "grab" to me.

I'd love to see the moment before this and the moment right after this--especially the moment after--to see how Jillian reacted to the grab--and whether she allowed herself to be pulled in closer--especailly in the pelivic area--or if she stiffened and kept herself away from him.

Thank you steppemaster.

I'm just reposting the hugs for reference. I love how they are so different.

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3553150;
    Thank you steppemaster.

I know, I'm a Reid fan, but I just love the hug right there!
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

Quote Originally Posted by mamasue1966;3553150;
    Thank you steppemaster.

Is it just me or did it seem as though Reid was different at the Rose Ceremony? I did not really see him smile much and he seemed kind of down. Okay, he is laughing in the second cap but I got a different vibe from him for some reason. This hug looks so, how do you say, sad?

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3553168;
    Is it just me or did it seem as though Reid was different at the Rose Ceremony? I did not really see him smile much and he seemed kind of down. Okay, he is laughing in the second cap but I got a different vibe from him for some reason. This hug looks so, how do you say, sad?
    I also thought that Reid seemed down at the rose ceremony. His face looked grim. Maybe the thought of the other guys in the fantasy suites was making him crazy. Maybe Ed said something about staying the night. Grasping at straws here.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3553168;
    Boy, do I want Reid to be the F1! If Ed had not returned, I think he'd be our winner,hands down.. With that being said, I'm still holding out hope for fantastic, wonderful Reid

Quote Originally Posted by Dancer27;3553176;
    I also thought that Reid seemed down at the rose ceremony. His face looked grim. Maybe the thought of the other guys in the fantasy suites was making him crazy. Maybe Ed said something about staying the night. Grasping at straws here.
    I guess I didn't pay that much attention. I think he probably is more nervous when it comes to the end; and you never know, perhaps Ed did say something about staying the night, etc.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn