Page 15 of 668 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap DISCUSSION Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_k;3452792;

Saffron, I think this may be at Stanley Park in Vancouver. The big rock / boulder thingy is called the Inukshuk. Someone else may have better information on this.

Here is the screencap from Cupcake's video. Park bench on left and rocks on right.

Inukshuk in Stanley Park ~ Vancouver.

Good catch! You can sort of see her pink scarf that she wears on what seems to be a one-on-one date/time.

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_k;3452792;

Saffron, I think this may be at Stanley Park in Vancouver. The big rock / boulder thingy is called the Inukshuk. Someone else may have better information on this.

Here is the screencap from Cupcake's video. Park bench on left and rocks on right.

Inukshuk in Stanley Park ~ Vancouver.

Wow!! I don't know how you do it, but you've done it again. It looks like the place to me.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

More info on the Inukshuk

Vancouver Park Board - Features

Inukshuk Lights Up The Night

March 2, 2006 - The city's landmark Inukshuk, the inspiration for the Official Emblem of the Vancouver 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games, was illuminated last night amidst a crowd of 3000 enthusiastic observers on the banks of English Bay.

The sunset ceremony started with, stilt walkers and samba drummers as they led a 200 strong children's school choir along the seawall from Sunset Beach to the Inukshuk site near Bidwell Street and Beach Avenue. Following speeches by Park Board Chair Heather Holden, Mayor Sam Sullivan, VANOC CEO John Furlong and Tewanee Joseph of the Four Host First Nations, a dramatic ring-of-fire dance accompanied by drumming culminated in the lighting of the structure. Free refreshments were served beach-side after the event while participants posed for photographs next to the stone structure.

The Inukshuk sculpture is made from grey granite, stands 20 feet tall and weighs 70,000 pounds. This traditional Inuit navigational aid was a gift to the City of Vancouver from the Northwest Territories following EXPO '86. It was moved to its present location at the English Bay groyne in 1987 through a generous donation by Coast Hotels & Resorts who have continued their Park Board support by giving funds for the new lighting.

The Inukshuk, surrounded by its new landscaping of granite pathways, white heath and low, hardywhite roses, will be illuminated every night from dusk until 12:30 am.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

As far as I know, the Inukshuk is not in Stanley Park. I have taken a picture in front of it, lol and it is located in English Bay. English Bay is a beach area in downtown Vancouver on the outskirts of Stanley Park.

The Inukshuk is the symbol chosen to represent the Olympics seen here...

The area where the Inukshuk is located is an extremely busy area where tons of people go by daily. I can't see it being very private at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3452871;
    As far as I know, the Inukshuk is not in Stanley Park. I have taken a picture in front of it, lol and it is located in English Bay. English Bay is a beach area in downtown Vancouver on the outskirts of Stanley Park.

The Inukshuk is the symbol chosen to represent the Olympics seen here...

The area where the Inukshuk is located is an extremely busy area where tons of people go by daily. I can't see it being very private at all.
    Yes, it is at English Bay. I agree that it would be extremely difficult to make that area private. Not just the matter of blocking it off but it's visible from restaurants along the street and apts. overlooking the area. Jillian is known in Vancouver now and someone would have noticed and taken pictures I would think.

Isn't Jake wearing a similar type coat during that boat date? Does that boat go near that area?

eta

Jillian is wearing a black coat and Jake a brown sweater during the boat date.
    Last edited by atem; 05-17-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: correcting post

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3453049;
    Isn't Jake wearing a similar type coat during that boat date? Does that boat go near that area?

eta

Jillian is wearing a black coat and Jake a brown sweater during the boat date.
    Is this it?

Pacific Yellowfin

Pacific Yellowfin Charters - Contact Us - Luxury historic yacht cruises in British Columbia

Cruise options include Vancouver, the BC Gulf Islands, Desolation Sound, Vancouver Island, Victoria, or even an extended multi-week cruise up the scenic coast of British Columbia to Alaska.
    I'm sorry about my previous post regarding the Inukshuk. I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I found a picture of it on the internet and it was tagged as being in Stanley Park. Sorry. After searching for more info, I see the Inukshuk is at Sunset Beach Park / English Bay.
    Last edited by kendra_k; 05-17-2009 at 02:15 PM.

I have no idea why the pictures I posted above are not showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by kendra_k;3453133;

I'm sorry about my previous post regarding the Inukshuk. I didn't mean to mislead anyone. I found a picture of it on the internet and it was tagged as being in Stanley Park. Sorry. After searching for more info, I see the Inukshuk is at Sunset Beach Park / English Bay.
    It was moved in 1986 to its current location. Maybe it came from Stanely Park? I'm in Ontario, a long ways away, maybe some out west would know for sure. I love the symbol. We can now buy glasses at the local gas stations with the Inukshuk symbol etched in!

Re: Bachelorette 5 **Screencap Discussion Thread**

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3442402;
    Also, the background has that candles stuff...could this be from a group date?

candels again, but seems like a different place for Juan:

this one of Juan there is one of Jillian in the same place doing a PI..wonder where it is?