Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3566088;
    You got it...these descriptions sound eerily familiar..from Amazon:
    At last! We've found MF's playbook!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3565481;
    A strange thought crossed my mind................but then when it comes to this show those are the ones that keep coming this time around.................

Did Jillian send Reid home as f3 for one of more of these three reasons?

First, she wanted to light a fire under Reid to get him to commit (this one we already suspect she is trying to do).

Second, since they are on FD where there are no cameras did he decide that he needed to leave to think things through and it's hard with the other two guys also doing the same stuff with her. Just another one we suspect could happen.

Third, here come the strange one...............warning: it could sound bizarre

Did she send Reid away at f3, bec' she wanted to smoke Ed out bec' she was suspicious of his smooth talks, lack of eye contact or heck, any other reason. Maybe she wanted to call his bluff about his wanting to marry and have kids in two years (he can't even stay faithful to one woman yet ). Plus when she sends him packing at FRC it will be her way of saying you left in the middle and I'm sending you off in the end bec' I don't trust you to stand by me in the future. Maybe by this time the PTB had already clued her in on Ed's three-timing lifestyle.

Any thoughts?
    Am I the only one who remembers an early interview with Jillian where she says she manipulated/used some of the guys as tools, and she hopes the viewers will forgive her? Did I make that up in my head?

To me, that fits with reason #1. Maybe she lets Kip down gently on the surfboard pic, and blasts Ed at the FRC (he confesses, but asks for the chance to be with her, and her response is "Hell, no!" making women everywhere proud of her). Then Reid is brought back at her request, proposes (producer induced) or not, and she lets him off the hook by saying that she wants to date him in the real world. She tells him that he was her choice, but she needed to "light a fire under his butt" which neatly avoids the sloppy seconds label.

Or am I just writing fanfic at this point? My head's spinning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3566120;
    Sure could be Jillian dumping Ed - for the reason that Reid is the one she truly loves..........
    Can they pull off that scenario, after she cut him at F3? I'm sure they'll show the Kip and Ed cuts as her choice, whether they really were her choices or not. Nothing against Reid or Jillian, but I can't imagine how to make his return to F1 believable. It's gonna take some masterful editing.

Quote Originally Posted by aminca;3566135;
    Am I the only one who remembers an early interview with Jillian where she says she manipulated/used some of the guys as tools, and she hopes the viewers will forgive her? Did I make that up in my head?

To me, that fits with reason #1. Maybe she lets Kip down gently on the surfboard pic, and blasts Ed at the FRC (he confesses, but asks for the chance to be with her, and her response is "Hell, no!" making women everywhere proud of her). Then Reid is brought back at her request, proposes (producer induced) or not, and she lets him off the hook by saying that she wants to date him in the real world. She tells him that he was her choice, but she needed to "light a fire under his butt" which neatly avoids the sloppy seconds label.

Or am I just writing fanfic at this point? My head's spinning.
    I cant imagine Jilly breaking up with Kiptyn while straddling him in a bikini on a surfboard

I also think Reid (and the audience) would be horrified if she tried to manipulate Reid by first seeming to break-up with him and then taking him back after he grovels. At least I hope that's not the case.

BTW, I am sure people can come up with some cute fanfics for Jilly and all these guys since she's so affectionate and into all 3 of them.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

FORT Fan

Third, here come the strange one...............warning: it could sound bizarre
    You're right it did sound bizarre !

If Jillian and Reid find love on this damn show then it's in spite of the show, as many on FORT have said over and over.

Fleiss -->

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3566119;
    This is not new though.
    HUh? what do you mean its not new. Its the one that was aired tonite, or do you mean there's just not any new information?

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3566120;
    Sure could be Jillian dumping Ed - for the reason that Reid is the one she truly loves..........
    I think that this may be the case. If its true that Reid comes back and somehow ends up as F1, its because she always wanted him, and turned down the other two at the FRC. I still wonder if what Reid confesses to her during their FD is that he can't continue on with the other guys there, so it was his decision rather than hers to be cut at F3.

I cant imagine Jilly breaking up with Kiptyn while straddling him in a bikini on a surfboard

I also think Reid (and the audience) would be horrified if she tried to manipulate Reid by first seeming to break-up with him and then taking him back after he grovels. At least I hope that's not the case.
    I was referring to the sunset pic that some have found "poignant".

I agree with your second point, which is why I specified that Reid would be brought back at Jilly's request - no grovelling involved.

FORT Fanatic

I'm wondering if Reid will tell Jillian he's (at least) starting to fall in love with her, but there is no way in hell he is going to propose to her by the end of the show!

I'm pretty sure he's already well outside his comfort zone, and willing to go a little more, but Jillian's going to have to meet him half way.

Looks like she might realize that right after she lets Reid go at F3...if he goes at F3, of course!