Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3561140;
    Minidiva, I'm glad you brought that up because I went through a string of picking out the wrong men....I thought it was just me. If I was young enough, I could go on the Bachelor & we'd be assured to get a wedding, not me of course, but the girl who had the 1:1 after me would be the F1.
    Hey SaffronSunrise Whew girl you took me seriously! We need to talk - PM me! You are definitely not alone and I have my own "Ed" story which probably explains why I am so obsessED! But to my earlier point, there are many women out there similar to those in the ED's GF-Gate drama. Maybe, they should pick up a copy of the book "He's just not that into you."

Hollywood beat you to the punch but has switched genders on you. Check out the movie "Good Luck Chuck" starring Jessica Alba & Dane Cook. It is your suggested storyline except Chuck is the lucky charm and all the women seek him out to guarantee a marriage proposal from the next guy.

This GF-Gate has really cranked things up today! I can't keep up with the news!

FORT Newbie

Speaking of the MTA today. Wes must be going to appear, his show schedule is empty for tonight and he is playing on all of the other Saturday nights. Should be interesting, he'll be the laugh of the party.

FORT Newbie

Is anyone here familiar with this website? This post gives some info on the contract show participants have to sign. Maybe I'm behind, but just found it through the alphabet website.

Astrochicks Blog Archive THE BACHELORETTE - Exclusive: What the ABC Contract Says that Guys/Girls Have to Sign!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3561698;
    Hey SaffronSunrise Whew girl you took me seriously! We need to talk - PM me! You are definitely not alone and I have my own "Ed" story which probably explains why I am so obsessED! But to my earlier point, there are many women out there similar to those in the ED's GF-Gate drama. Maybe, they should pick up a copy of the book "He's just not that into you."

Hollywood beat you to the punch but has switched genders on you. Check out the movie "Good Luck Chuck" starring Jessica Alba & Dane Cook. It is your suggested storyline except Chuck is the lucky charm and all the women seek him out to guarantee a marriage proposal from the next guy.

This GF-Gate has really cranked things up today! I can't keep up with the news!
    I personally never have seen it get this out of control

[QUOTE=bamabrain;3559028;]Most excellent post.

I am a proponent of recycling in everything but the Bach/'ette. For obvious reasons.

Some good information has been posted earlier today in this thread by Cari and Alanna regarding a chat with a staff person in production. Not that much we didn't already know on FORT, but it does give interesting reinforcement to much of our spoiler/insider information and goes further to cast doubt on a happy ending. Although it's always possible that the person was a "plant," it's also equally possible that production people are balking as the revolving door spins faster and faster. That's certainly been the case in previous seasons.

I'm predicting that all conspiracy theories will need to be tested with the finale and After Afters--including reshoot theories. As lead investigator on the Jen Shefft FRC reshoots, I am dusting off my magnifying glass in anticipation.

And yes . . . PLEASE . . . future Bachelor/'ettes, can you just simply learn the difference between the subject and object pronoun cases? Is that too much to ask? Here's your lesson for the day: If you have two pronouns as the subject of a sentence, just try out one of them. Would you say "Me had a really amazing journey"? or "Him took a leap of faith"? Future Bachelor/'ettes, if you've got your pronouns in the right case, then I might stay off of your cases . . . a bit.[/QUOTE]

Oh do I agree with you here, Bamabrain! I am absolutely appalled at the poor grammar of so many of the men and TB and TBettes! How about "its" vs. "it's", "there" instead of "their" or vice versa, "her" instead of "she", etc.! I see so many errors in newspapers today also - I simply can't believe it. It's not like I am consciously looking for such errors - they just jump out at me! Thanks for this little side trip! [mod: hope this type of comment is okay to post. If not, pls delete. Thanks.]

Quote Originally Posted by Just LQQking;3561587;
    Guys - I know there were some questions about Reid's position in the F3 rose ceremony so I when back a couples season at took a look. In most season's Reid is in F2 position Deanna: Jason, Jason: Molly, Matt: Chelsea but in some cases he is in F3 position Andy: Danielle, Brad: Bettina not sure what to think about it....

Do most of the pix of the one who is slightly different point to the one who gets eliminated. Eg. Two of the F3 where short dresses - one wears a long dress - the long dress woman get eliminated F3. In Jill and Jason's season all three wear short dresses - but hers is the shortest.

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3561634;
    Just wondering if f3 to f2 RC is supposed to be the worst dressed RC? Look at the past ones, they are off too.
    Oh but I loved LOVED the dress Jill wore when she got cut!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3561576;
    The bolded is what I have a problem with, I wouldn't care what reason was given to me, I would have ended that realtionship right then and there. Maybe I'm old fashion, but I just can't understand that.
    This whole experience is comparable to what back-packing through Europe was in my day.....1970s. It's travel, adventure, meeting new people and romance. I won't say "falling in love" because those romances didn't hold up once one was back on home turf. No one has papers to write or classes or employment to make demands on their time.

With the horrible match-making results from Bach/Ette Ed's or anyone else's gfs really have nothing to worry about. Anyone who participates will find that it's much easier to hook up with someone you meet through your work. Of course up until now that didn't offer an opportunity to zip-line. Now Ed can start his own zip-line business from the Sears Tower. Maybe that was his motivation.

Now that the '70s are ancient history and we are in the Cyber Age reality TV has taken facebook and MySpace to the limit....not just pics or tweets but a Hollywood production army flying you all over the globe just so you can show your friends how cool you are and they aren't. And you can never tell them what actually transpires or you then have to kill them because TPTB will make your life a living hell and then you find out that the witness protection program is really a lot like being a contestant all over again....minus the zip-lines.

Real exhibitionists showing their dating techniques in a competition......all for the ultimate ego boosting grand prize of forced engagement. SCRREEEECCCCHHHH......that's where it hits the wall.

As I said in an earlier post, this is The Bachelor/Bachelorette not The Betrothed, not The Bridal Path. There is a trait in most of the contestants that prevents them from committing and I think that is the same trait that makes them feel that despite the fact that they lack real talent and struggle with forming a simple sentence they are TV worthy. This maybe something as minor as the fact that they have great abs and all their hair or that their new implants make them look hot in a bikini and they have a natural immunity to "hot-tub dermatitis".

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

addison h.

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3561688;
    That's what my Grandmother used to say!!! I rememer her telling the man who owned the local funeral parlor that she could tell a good one by the shine on his shoes. This was years ago & he stills shines the top of his shoes with the back of the opposite pant leg when he's standing around.
    Oh I love that! I would add you can also tell by which ones know they should walk on the outside (b/w you and the cars) when you're walking down a sidewalk!

[QUOTE=halfpintdynamit;3561710;]
    Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3559028;
    Most excellent post.

And yes . . . PLEASE . . . future Bachelor/'ettes, can you just simply learn the difference between the subject and object pronoun cases? Is that too much to ask? Here's your lesson for the day: If you have two pronouns as the subject of a sentence, just try out one of them. Would you say "Me had a really amazing journey"? or "Him took a leap of faith"? Future Bachelor/'ettes, if you've got your pronouns in the right case, then I might stay off of your cases . . . a bit.[/QUOTE]

Oh do I agree with you here, Bamabrain! I am absolutely appalled at the poor grammar of so many of the men and TB and TBettes! How about "its" vs. "it's", "there" instead of "their" or vice versa, "her" instead of "she", etc.! I see so many errors in newspapers today also - I simply can't believe it. It's not like I am consciously looking for such errors - they just jump out at me! Thanks for this little side trip! [mod: hope this type of comment is okay to post. If not, pls delete. Thanks.]
    Heck.....the editors can Frankenbite whatever they want the participants to say....why can't they insert the correct pronouns?

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!