Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3559254;
    Which ones don't add up?
    Everything after Ed has a gf. Maybe I am remembering things wrong and need a rundown of what happened but don't care enough to search the many pages on it.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3559092;
    Most, if not all, of the info that has surfaced about Ed has come about as a report of what his actions were, not as judgments of him for those actions. Judgment has come from those who read the info and decided to put in their opinion of it. Lindsey not speaking herself has nothing to do with people not knowing her position or not knowing their relationship. Usually members of the same social circle have a pretty good idea of what's going on between who, and usually close friends have a lot of details. If Lindsey wanted the world to think Ed was horrible I am sure she could offer enough info to bury him, but she is taking the high road and, at least thus far, has decided to stay quiet. I don't believe she wishes him any ill will. This doesn't mean he didn't hurt her, just that she's a classy person. The behavior Ed has been reported to have exhibited doesn't make him a "horrible person", just a really bad boy friend. Which becomes relevant to discussion here because he is on a dating show.
    Finally, a voice of reason! Very well put, Cheekychook! Ed in real life may be a nice guy but his comportment on the show to date (leaving the girlfriend issue completely aside) does not make him a good candidate for Jillian, despite what feelings she may have for him. I am just an overprotective mom, I guess!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3558684;
    Yes, we can. The press release states so as well as only 2 meet her family.
    I think you're right, atem, that it will be just 2 guys going to the BI and meeting her family, but I don't put a great deal of faith in the ABC press release. It also said the final 4 had HTDs for Episode 7.... I wonder whose job it is to check those over.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3559281;
    I see absolutely no reason to doubt all of the emails, posters on FORT, posters on RS, and others who have said the same thing. Even if the person I chatted with wasn't being honest, there is no reason for all of these people to come attack Ed if it is not true. Why do it? I have watched every season and no one had this much nonsense about them like Ed does. I do not see how it is not true at this point.
    I guess the only thing now is for the MTA stuff...right? Is there any way to get inside info from your sources for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Brn2Wander;3559207;
    With the approval of the TPTB?
    I have no idea. My source is not production related.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3559269;
    At this point she is damned if she does and damned if she doesn't. Back when people assumed Lindsey was going online and seeding the stories about Ed she was trashed here for daring to do such a thing: She should keep her mouth shut, she's probably ugly and Ed wouldn't give her the time of day, she didn't know how to take no for an answer, she's psychotic, Ed didn't care about her, she's the crazy ex-girlfriend who won't go away, etc. Gee, I wonder why she has no desire to post here? People are so welcoming and had such nice things to say about her!

If she did show up here then the Ed fans would continue to trash her and accuse her of lying (or say she's an imposter and not the real L), I have no doubt about that. If she gave a magazine interview like Laurel then people would say she is lying, just like the Wes haters say that Laurel is lying.
    But at least Laurel didn't continue to let Wes get villified because of her. Her response was "hate him or not, it won't be because I am his girlfriend because I am not". Like I said, I understand why she is staying away from the fire, but the longer she lets the rumor mill do her bidding (whether it was her or her friends who started it), the more ugly it becomes while she does nothing. There is nothing honorable in letting other people do your dirty work while you sit back and watch people get hurt and do nothing. Isn't there a Kipling poem about doing nothing like this??

I see absolutely no reason to doubt all of the emails, posters on FORT, posters on RS, and others who have said the same thing. Even if the person I chatted with wasn't being honest, there is no reason for all of these people to come attack Ed if it is not true. Why do it? I have watched every season and no one had this much nonsense about them like Ed does. I do not see how it is not true at this point.
    I think some are true and some not...I think some are exaggerated by the sources not the posters. But to think all is true or all is not true is like putting your head in the sand or judging someone without PROOF. But I dont want to judge and crucify Ed like some, I wont go there because I dont know him personally and I think thats a little unfair to do to someone that cannot defend himself or tell his side of things. And I personally think this is sad and getting out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by atem;3559297;
    I guess the only thing now is for the MTA stuff...right? Is there any way to get inside info from your sources for that?
    I guess so. I doubt the source will be back to chat since it was just by accident I ended up in the same chatroom as him. However, he did say he thought it was cool to talk to the fans so who knows.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3558688;
    Oh boy are they are on the boards.
    For example, I posted something not too long ago that was pretty controversial at the time, but has since been confirmed by a half dozen people who got it from another angle so to speak. A day later, I got a note to my AOL account (?!?) from someone who said they were a "longtime lurker" on FORT complimenting me on my "great instincts" and "insider info" blah, blah (flattery will get you everywhere) then saying that they had a lot of friends at ABC.....maybe we knew the same people. Who was I talking to?
    It just smelled bad, so I wrote back that it came from Michael (it was a couple of days after Michael Jackson had died - I'm not telling ANYONE who I've talked to), and the response was, "WE don't have a Michael on this team." (guess he forgot about Fleiss, whatever).
    Just be careful, these people are creepy.
    Kinda sounds like Bill O'Reilly's staff going after callers to his show who disagree with him, lol. Maybe you should have responded by asking who they THOUGHT it was.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fanatic

I am going by the rumor from Ed's step sister who claimed his parents went to Hawaii...and the relative who claimed that Ed broke up with a girl a year ago who he was engaged to and they remained friends...still may attend a family function or two...nothing serious

....now if this girl still thinks things are still serious with him then she better move on...

Anything else on the guy means nothing. To me its someone who as each rumor comes out with 3 girlfriends, one of them attending the AFRC, etc. is on a roll and has got everyone believing falsehoods about a guy who may be competely innocent.