Page 7 of 1348 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617571075071007 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 13480

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

  1. #61
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3439565;
    Not quite. That Domino's information came from me. What I stated was that I read a tweet in which someone said that their friend had just landed a national Domino's commercial AND was going to be on the Bachelorette. I don't know which guy that is yet, or to which extent he was involved with the commercial.

    So, no reason to be suspicious of Mark the pizza entrepeneur-- yet.


    Right, I don't think the pizza entrepreneur would be in a Domino's commercial? I think it's probably one of the "actor/models", like Greg or Jake? I bet Greg
    Last edited by Marleybone; 05-09-2009 at 06:21 PM.

  2. #62
    Summer Break bamabrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Globally
    Posts
    3,523

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3439355;
    No worries. No one's heart will be broken in any romantic sense. They are filming a Farce, and they know it. There are genuine moments of attachment, sexual attraction, humor, friendship -- as you'd expect from any "project" like this -- attractive people thrown into adventurous and romantic surroundings, being isolated and manipulated by Producer Gods all the time.

    BUT, no one's heart is broken in some real world sense. They all "re-boot" very quickly when they return to their normal lives. A few try to claw their way back into the public limelight. And seem broken-hearted or desperate in that regard. No one seems to sincerely mourn a Lost Love though. Except maybe Andy Baldwin, who watched too many videos of himself on You Tube.
    Sing it, jlccaz.

    This show long ago ceased to be about hearts other than the pink plastic kind that photograph nicely.

    Don't forget, gang, that this is a Fleiss production, and that the original formula was soap opera that has now morphed into shark-jumper par excellence.

    I'm sure the real people behind the characters are human like the rest of us. On tv, they become both larger than life and less than the sum total of their, um, assets.

  3. #63
    FORT Fanatic moflan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly Burbs
    Posts
    708

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3439026;
    It has been widely rumored that in an effort to cut production costs, executives of The Bachelorette elected to eschew their customary high-end Beverly Hills stylists and instead sent the 30 new bachelors to get their hair cut by beginning students at the Acme Barber College. Ensembles were selected off the rack at the Salvation Army Thrift Store. . . Hope Chris has a lot of those ties to hand out for the rose ceremonies!
    Too funny. Guess the economy has taken its toll on B-ette production costs, too.

  4. #64
    FORT Fogey chopstickchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,639

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3439762;
    Too funny. Guess the economy has taken its toll on B-ette production costs, too.
    they were saving the budget for Spain and Hawaii!

    but seriously, they skimped out on casting as well, looks like they only casted in Texas and California!

  5. #65
    Ancient Beach Babe :) Capegal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    It's 5 o'clock somewhere :)
    Posts
    12,573

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3439409;
    Does Jillian still live in Canada? I don't know enough about her to know the answer to this and I'm curious why there isn't one bachelor from Canada. If she still lives there, why have 30 guys from the US unless Jillian is planning/willing to make a move. Surely, they could have found a handful of decent guys north of the border.

    And just glancing at the guys....cookie cutter vanilla with the exception of a few.
    Kind of makes ya wonder exactly WHO the bach's were chosen for - considering the ages of most of them - and the locations as well of where they are from ................. and bringing in 5 late entries that may be a bit older as well.................. sure makes one go uuuummmmmmmmm
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

  6. #66
    FORT Fogey SaffronSunrise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,401

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3439957;
    Kind of makes ya wonder exactly WHO the bach's were chosen for - considering the ages of most of them - and the locations as well of where they are from ................. and bringing in 5 late entries that may be a bit older as well.................. sure makes one go uuuummmmmmmmm
    I'm not sure when they started recruiting, but someone on here mentioned that maybe they had Melissa in mind when they were picking the guys. Makes sense to me.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

  7. #67
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    460

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3439355;
    No worries. No one's heart will be broken in any romantic sense. They are filming a Farce, and they know it. There are genuine moments of attachment, sexual attraction, humor, friendship -- as you'd expect from any "project" like this -- attractive people thrown into adventurous and romantic surroundings, being isolated and manipulated by Producer Gods all the time.

    BUT, no one's heart is broken in some real world sense. They all "re-boot" very quickly when they return to their normal lives. A few try to claw their way back into the public limelight. And seem broken-hearted or desperate in that regard. No one seems to sincerely mourn a Lost Love though. Except maybe Andy Baldwin, who watched too many videos of himself on You Tube.
    Oh, my gosh, jlccaz, I am so with you on this. The participants are totally aware of why they are there and what's expected of them. The fans on the other hand get suckered in season after season, and end up giving the producers exactly what they want....ratings. How many seasons will it take for peeps to give up on the engagement/wedding and watch for the fun of it all? Maybe Jilli's will be different?

  8. #68
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thought and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by annabanana2;3439979;
    Oh, my gosh, jlccaz, I am so with you on this. The participants are totally aware of why they are there and what's expected of them. The fans on the other hand get suckered in season after season, and end up giving the producers exactly what they want....ratings. How many seasons will it take for peeps to give up on the engagement/wedding and watch for the fun of it all? Maybe Jilli's will be different?

    youve only go to look at the application forms on the abc site to realise that they pretty much sign up for anything, guess most do it for the experience, i mean they do get to do some pretty exciting, once in a lifetime dates, especially if they make F4.

  9. #69
    FORT Fogey I'msotired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,463

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Thanks for the SC's, cupcakes. Can't wait to see some of the awesome avatars the creative members of FORT will make!
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

  10. #70
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    43

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    So obviously I've been all sorts of Team Kiptyn. But, after looking at the M&G pics, my second fav. is Caleb the photographer. I like his style.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.