Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by mahham;3546569;
    Tanner said he saw Ed as a frontrunner and that he made Jillian "sparkle"...
    Both of those comments are about how Tanner thought Jillian responded to Ed, not how Tanner felt about Ed himself. I don't pay too much attention to what the guys say about each other in PIs because the producers try to get them on tape saying both negative and positive things about everyone so they can edit those snippets in wherever it suits their storyline.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

I had a very hard time watching Jillian's FD with Ed tonight after reading the Ed gf controversy. I completely believe sdl and cheekychook. I have been posting for several years and have read the board for longer than that. In my experience, both of them have been completely honest and forthright. Thanks to both of you for putting what you know out there. I appreciate it.

It is really looking to me like she chooses Ed as F1 and I think that is completely and totally sad when she had so many guys with integrity to choose from. What a trainwreck...again.

Gosh, I hope it's not a trainwreck. Why can't the producers steer her towards the "good" guys with integrity & honesty?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3547947;
    Which would fit in with SDL's scoop.
    So Bloomers, any clue as to how this will end?? If you had to guess, what would you say?
    I am going to tell you honestly that I think there are too many red flags in the edit for a love match to last. The season is a mess when you have the lead very nearly still crying over the F4 in the 8th episode when she realizes emotionally he doesn't have anything for her, she is expressing doubts that she is good enough for one of her suitors, she worries another one will leave her again, and she can't get the last one to express emotion beyond affection and attraction for her. To top that, although she desires an engagement at the end of the process, not a one of the three envisions such a happening.

When you get an edit like this, you may or you may not get an engagement at the end. If you do, what has happened is that the producers are giving you a type of foreshadowing - their opinion of why they think this relationship won't work.
    We saw this with Meredith and Ian when ultimately he didn't commit ( to marriage).
    We also saw it with Andy and Tessa when her reluctance to move to Hawaii probably helped end the relationship.
    With DeAnna and Jesse, we can look back on the fact that she really wanted Graham, and the edit clearly showed that.

All that said, at this point there are indicators that Reid is a (not very strong) F1. I am not sure how that will play out although I tend to think it will be a straight shot. However, it could be one of those weird theories floating around such as she lets him go at F3. Then she lets Kip go at F2. In between, Reid comes back and proposes, and she reconsiders. She decides to give him the F1 position instead of Ed. She sends Ed home instead, and Reid becomes F1.

I see Reid as the ultimate F1, but I don't think the edit paints this as a great love story. She has too many heartaches and problems with other guys for this to be a great love story.

Quote Originally Posted by GRKmommy;3546673;
    Just my 2 cents...

I am a big Ed fan but...find it highly doubtful that he is capable of carrying on with 2-3 girls at once. Yeah he's cute, but he's no George Clooney.

I do not want to doubt sdl b/c I know that he is very reliable. I am just stating that it is all too weird for a seemingly normal guy.

Not even "Melrose Place" (back in the day) came up with a guy like this!!!
    Ahh, but that's the beauty of being a charmer---it's kinda like karaoke---you don't have to LOOK like George Clooney, you just have to THINK you do....

FORT Fanatic

Just some late night "thoughts and comments"

Poor Kip is trying SOOOO hard! He thought he'd be leaving instead of Wes. I'm starting to wonder if the reason he's sticking it out is to make sure she hooks up with Reid. They reacted like twin brothers to Wes' sex joke.

They are definitely building Reid's edit around episode #6's "theme" quote: "You don't want to regret it. If she's the one, you'll never forget her and you'll always think that you should have told her how you felt." Add to this Brett's comment last week: "We'll see if he can commit at the very end." Jillian also had to remind us that their relationship is progressing slowly. (She was reading from cue cards, obviously.)

Of course that brings up all kinds of "red flags" for both general viewers and those doubting Reid will be F1. Remember that this is the same show that also questioned in previews for four weeks straight "Will Wes go home?" I'm going on a limb here... but I wouldn't be surprised if a wedding results from this season. TOO much trouble is being put into the smokescreen this season.

It is interesting that both Reid and Wes voiced concern about her using the invitation card on her other dates. Reid openly admitted he's jealous... but because he has strong feelings for her. (He may have trouble "opening up" with the "I love you" bit, but he explains how he feels with total honesty.) Wes' were presented as a smirky variation... fittingly, he thought it was funny she picked Reid over him.

It finally dawned on me why there were three PIs (early in the season and repeated in voice over in a recent preview) of Reid concerning Wes. He did not take action by calling out the window like Ed. However, since Jillian keeps telling him to trust her, he respected her ability to make sound judgments. Now, viewing this show as it unfolds weekly, she realizes his concerns for her. I'll have to re-watch it; I think she brought up the word "bad boy" again (fitting with the series' themes going back to the western movie date when Reid was dressed comically in black).

Ed's date was OK... better than I thought it would be. I did zone out during the lame kissing scenes. At first I thought his chuckle over Wes' RC comment was odd, but there were plenty of scenes with him badmouthing Wes in past episodes... so, I took it more as a "same old turd" laugh.

Dying to find out what he tells her in the finale... I have the feeling he's the one she's talking about during the quote: "It was hard for me to hear the things he had to say."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3547944;
    I have a feeling that if Reid finds out that Jillian spent the night with Ed after he told her that he was jealous then there's going to be a problem. I don't think that it will be the same problem that TPTB have tried to make us think it is but I do think that Reid is not going to like it at all and it will affect him. If Jillian wanted to make sure of her feelings being genuine with Kip and Reid so decided against spending the night with them, does that then mean that she could care less about genuine feelings with Ed or was she just ready to get into the sack with a guy? She will be lucky if both Kip and Reid don't walk out after finding out that she picked Ed to stay the night with, especially after the speeches she gave each of them.
    Even after Reid told her "I wouldn't be jealous if I didn't care" and he opened up more than he ever had, respected her choice to decline the FS card if she ended up with accepting the card with Ed what does that really say about who she is and how she treats someone she claims to be falling for. I am curious about Reid and Jillian's reaction watching tonight's episode. If Jillian took this long to figure out about Wes with Ed having left for a while what's not to say she won't be a sucker for his smooth talk for the next three episodes.

Right now I want to know why Reid thought Jillian was smart? She was taken in by Wes, and now she's got Ed doing the same thing telling her things she wants to here (Reid was right on - if one of the other guys were to tell her something even if he were not honest and she chose him - is that foreboding? I'd say he has excellent people reading skills. ----I will decide whether Jillian is honest and real as she claims to be from now on till FRC.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3547681;
    did he say that when they were standing waiting at the RC? I missed what he said because by husband decided to talk to me right at that moment! How dare he!!!?

DVR, honey, it will save your marriage...

FORT Fanatic

Most bizarre comment in Bachelorette history from Wes: "My first cd went #1 in Chihuahua Mexico!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lily'sMom;3546693;
    I for one do not understand how people can know what ED and this supposed GF were texting back in forth to each other. Until someone show's me Ed or the supposed Gf's phone with the messages on it, I do not believe anything. the only thing it makes me believe is that people are going to crazy lengths to discredit Ed.
    You're right, so many people going to such great lengths just to discredit Ed would be crazy...but the same number of people happening to tell others true stories about Ed and realizing what was going on...not crazy at all IMO.