Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3547907;
    I enjoyed Reid and Jillian tonight - lots of fun and spunk.
    I would have been jumping for joy over Ed and Jillian - but given the cloud of contraversy - all I could do is hope either she doesn't pick him or that all the stories that surround him are untrue or greatly exaggerated! It was hard for me to listen to his words, when it is very possible that every word was untrue. Nonetheless I am still holding out some hope...

Did anyone catch what Ed was saying the in previews... I was hoping it was a preview to his true confession to Jill.
    Ed said that he is a commitment guy when it is with the right person. He also told Jillian he wants to be a dad within the next 2 to 3 years. I don't think he's an actor so I am going to take him at his word. Also, he teared up in the carriage ride.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by computer;3547900;
    People say Ed is uncomfortable with the cameras and that's why he acts strange and doesn't look at her when speaking. If he's so uncomfortable and shy why isn't he shy when it comes to expressing his feelings, he seems to have no problem there.
    I agree with you, plus I still don't think that being uncomfortable with the cameras excuses not looking your potential wife or significant other in the eye when you're talking to her (except when you're asking her to spend the night with you).

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3547862;
    When is the MTA taped? Any FORTers going?
    I would if I could get a hold of Wes for 2 minutes & give him a southern style mile wide mud hole A$$ whooping that he deserves

& if I could tell him what I think of his music & his singing lmao
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I feel bad if Reid is F1 as she spent the night with Ed. I mean her spending the night with Ed and not the others I think makes the average viewer thinks Ed is F1.
    My favorites: Reid and Kiptyn

I noticed that there were more VOs during the date with Ed than with either Reid or Kip...
    Rewatch it and see how many of the words that Ed says are not shown, but are heard while they are riding in the carriage or walking and shot from a distance. I wonder how much he said off camera and they shot from the carriage and walking.
    Granted there is the making out factor, but it still seems as if she is forcing the issue with him to make sure that she isn't missing out on anything...
    Just my two cents, for whatever it's worth...

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3547866;
    I agree that Reid seemed the most open of the three. But Jillian's poking and prodding and questioning that seemed to me to border on badgering may have been producer-driven.
    TO-TALL-Y! But zee problem with this is that they make Jillian appear a tad lame, which might not be a good thing, esp. with casual viewers. It makes her appear a bit desperate when she might not be. I mean, DUH! Why doesn't Reid like thinking about her dating other guys? Because ANY guy that LIKES a girl doesn't want her spending time with other dudes she could grow to like and/or be macking down with them!!! Why do the producers do this? Jillian doesn't have to force Reid (or anyone) to S-P-E-L-L it out. We're not RETARDED!!! We all know what a guy means when he says he doesn't like the idea of her being with other guys. This is why I think Wes actually even (sorta) liked Jillian. This show is a totally weird sitch which is pretty much predicated on getting people to Take The Leap . . . which could, and often does, end up being completely humiliating (esp. for F3s & F2s).
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3547924;
    Ed said that he is a commitment guy when it is with the right person. He also told Jillian he wants to be a dad within the next 2 to 3 years. I don't think he's an actor so I am going to take him at his word. Also, he teared up in the carriage ride.
    Also, he said that Jillian is what he is looking for. He told her to her face that he really likes her, said he could see himself falling in love. I think he has been very open emotionally. JMO of course.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3547831;
    I

I watched Jillian tonight, and sometimes she doesn't look the other person in the eye either. I don't remember which one it was, but she most definitely wasn't looking at him most of the time when he was talking.

Also, she was all but begging both Reid and Wes to tell her how much they cared about her. That was painful. Although they didn't fall, there were tears in her eyes during that conversation with Wes when it got to the girlfriend and she came to comprehend exactly where she stood with Wes. That she still feels this way about him at this late date is a red flag in the edit.

The edit is pointing to an F1 Reid, but the fact that she is having to beg Reid to tell her how he feels about her is a huge red flag in the love story. In fact, I have never seen this in the edit before, especially in what we would consider a "successful" F1 love story.
    She is begging Reid to tell her how he feels, yet she is buying into all the smooth talk Ed is dishing out to her. She really needed a few days off to get her head screwed on straight. Did anyone else notice the reaction of all four guys when Wes was talking about going home and getting lots............... Reid gave him a "disgusted" look, Kip was uncomfortable and Ed was grinning (maybe he could relate to it?). I think that one shot tonight said it all about each of these guys.

What did Jillian think with the edit she got tonight? If she led Reid on with the "trust me" line tonight after her "hang in there" earlier on, I wonder how she is going to be perceived if she picks Ed. If her date with Wes didn't wake her up to what is going on with each of these guys she didn't learn a thing.

I do hope she doesn't string Reid along and hurt him in the end after asking the guy to put his heart on the line only to stomp on it.

Did anyone else think the VO from Ed in the previews was taken from when he left the show?

In three weeks we'll know if Jillian has her head screwed on straight for sure.
    If she picked Ed she is going to get her heart stepped on in the end. Is she still happy now in real life esp. if she's also hearing all the gf stories about Ed?
    Or is she happy bec' she choose Reid in the end? Reid and Jillian's date tonight was as real as it could get.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3547879;
    Would dating in real life and no engagement fit with this edit and a success?
    I have to agree with all of those folks who said it appears that while Jillian wants to be engaged, none of the three guys do. Kip flat out said it would be premature, Reid went round in circles talking about how much he really likes her, and it sounded like Ed was asking her about living with him in Chicago.

They have hinted strongly of an engagement with the screencaps of someone holding the ring as well as the scenario of someone coming back with a proposal, but the edit tonight seems to indicate no engagement at the end.

I have a feeling that if Reid finds out that Jillian spent the night with Ed after he told her that he was jealous then there's going to be a problem. I don't think that it will be the same problem that TPTB have tried to make us think it is but I do think that Reid is not going to like it at all and it will affect him. If Jillian wanted to make sure of her feelings being genuine with Kip and Reid so decided against spending the night with them, does that then mean that she could care less about genuine feelings with Ed or was she just ready to get into the sack with a guy? She will be lucky if both Kip and Reid don't walk out after finding out that she picked Ed to stay the night with, especially after the speeches she gave each of them.