Page 56 of 1348 FirstFirst ... 64647484950515253545556575859606162636465661061565561056 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Of course I realize that lots of screencap analysis has occurred and that now the editing analysis is occuring. I've been on this forum since 2004. I've measured Jerry's and JP's nostril angles with a protractor. I've waxed eloquent about the metaphoric implications of Tahoe during Andy's and Tessa's season. I'm there with you all and have been from the beginning.

But I still contend that this season is very embryonic, and I've learned not to love or unlove anyone on this show, given that it's a Fleiss production.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3467373;
    But I still contend that this season is very embryonic, and I've learned not to love or unlove anyone on this show, given that it's a Fleiss production.
    You know,that is a great point.While some of the men and women on the Bach/ette seasons have been real butheads,many of the others were probably really nice but we never got to see that side because Flesis does like to edit things in the way that get him more drama and thus more viewers.So even some of the most unloved Bach/ette's were probably not nearly as hateful/bitchy/jealous/catty etc as we were lead to believe.

It really is all in the editing.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3467382;
    You know,that is a great point.While some of the men and women on the Bach/ette seasons have been real butheads,many of the others were probably really nice but we never got to see that side because Flesis does like to edit things in the way that get him more drama and thus more viewers.So even some of the most unloved Bach/ette's were probably not nearly as hateful/bitchy/jealous/catty etc as we were lead to believe.

It really is all in the editing.
    And there were "meetings" in Ep.1 I would have loved to see to understand:

why she let John H. go. He seemed so sincere and likeable.
    why she let Bryan V. go. I loved the way he scooped her up and loved his smile.
    why she lets Simon go. I wanted to see the "tea conversation."
    what Mark's pizza theory is.
    what impressed her about Brian D. Yuk.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by just logic;3467370;
    Just told someone that I'm a cynical romantic - willing to believe the worst and hoping for happily ever after. I think TPTB may have had and F1 and possibly F2 picked out before Jillian even signed but (I'm hoping) IMO Jillian had them pinned against the wall. They had already cast some/most of the bachelors, they had announced the new season (perhaps even bought air time), and then there chosen one, Melissa, says no. Jillian had to know this and what other bachelorette could they get? Naomi - no fan base and I don't think she could carry a show. Hoping Jillian got a contract that made Fleiss choke.

I'm sure they made Jillian THINK she was getting a contract that would work in her favor....and I am sure the contract ACTUALLY protects the franchise instead of her well-being.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

As for Brian D - either she made a mistake or was asked to keep him around so he could stir up the pot and provide comic relief (a la Twilly). (Sorry, know Twilly is a nice guy and posts on here once in awhile)
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3467386;

Me too!! I couldn't understand why she let John H go either. He seemed so sweet & sincere. I want to believe she accidentally kept the other Brian but she really wanted to keep Bryan.
    “When life kicks you, let it kick you forward.” Kay Yow

I wondered why she let a few of the guys go too---guess she wasn't attracted to them.

She gave Simon a Rose. It was the only time we got to see him speak without subtitles. LOL

Why she kept Brian D after he called her Hot Tub Harris and You Sexy Little Minx is totally beyond me---I'm creative, but even I can't come up with a plausible scenario for that (other than "the producers made me do it"---which is of course the likely reason for why she kept at least 2/3 of those guys).
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

I just keep thinking today how bloody burned out and exhausted they must be from travel to Texas, Cali, Pennsylvania (of not others), across 2 LARGE Canadian provinces, 3-4 cities in Spain, and at least 3 Hawaiian islands, all in the span of 8 weeks. If I were Jillian I would be dying to crawl into my own little bed in Vancouver, catch up on May Sweeps Season's Finales and chomp on a big ol' bowl of popcorn. Or have the girls over for Daiquiris. Anything BUT have my day dictated again by producers and schedules and micro-direction. When you track their filming schedule in real time, it really seems as harsh as it does "fun" or "romantic."

Maybe when I was in my 20's I had that much "Tigger Bounce"...

I liked John H. too.I thought he was a likeable guy(probably too likeable for TPTB)
    I have a feeling she meant to keep Bryan V. instead of Brian D.,but she said the wrong name at the RC and she was too embarrased to admit it.
    The tea conversation with Simon was probably cute and she probably lets him go because she doesn't see a future with him.
    I would love to know Mark's pizza theory too.I had forgotten about that until you reminded me.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronSunrise;3467392;
    Me too!! I couldn't understand why she let John H go either. He seemed so sweet & sincere. I want to believe she accidentally kept the other Brian but she really wanted to keep Bryan.
    it might have been a bad move for him to bring up Jason instead of just being himself and letting her get to know him in the short time they had. He didn't seem very confident in himself, and maybe she wasn't attracted to him. Or maybe she heard about the John vacationing in Mexico who was going on the show for the wrong reasons =)