Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Silver18;3545030;
    It is clear to me that some people on this board are "in the know" and likely have evidence, facts, information etc that they know to be true. I for one, am not privvy to any evidence, facts, or insider information. From my perspective, all I have are allegations or "rumours". True, enough for you or others these are not allegations or rumours. Unfortunately for me - I dont know yet and will have to wait until the evidence can be shared publically. In the meantime, all I can do is speculate, challenge, ask questions, and hope that someone spills.

I remember last season when the whole Jason/mel/Molly fiasco came out and everyone was saying that RS was full of it. I understand the mentality of not wanting to believe things that come from 'sources' and 'inside people' but when long time posters from this board came forward to cooberate the story, it only solidified for me that the story must at least, at it's core, be truthful. Then - lo and behold - we all got to watch as it played out in front of our eyes.

Believe what you want, this season has looked like a disaster for weeks, and with this new information, I'm just waiting for the sources to be vindicated.

So many things have been leaked season after season that people just dont' want to believe, but if you go back to as far as Travis' season and look at what we learned and what turned out to be the truth, you'll see that the core of every rumour had truth to it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3545286;

I appreciate your and others information and hope you all continue, but I am always leary to take anything posted on her or other boards (and in real life) as fact or proven. Now I am not saying any info posted is/isn't true or completely true. Ed may very well have a gf/gf's but sometimes what we think we know about the story isn't always the whole truth.
    In other words, giving Ed the benefit of the doubt. I agree, sueb1961.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fan

Three things:

How does one quote a post, if you have the person on ignore?
    1. When I ignore people, sometimes other people will quote that person and then I do end up seeing the original post. Unfortunately it happens.

2. I don't have a problem with people talking rumors. It is the "nature of the beast" as people stated a few posts ago. But - and I said this before - I think some people need to let go of their expectation everyone has to believe the rumors or believe certain posters. Everyone has their reasons for believing them or not but it's quite another thing to be adamant that they have to be true and subtly implying that someone is being silly in not believing. At this point, some people need more than rumors on the Internet by sources that were reliable at one time (sdl, anyone else sharing the rumors seem to understand this and aren't offended; I'm not sure why anyone else should be). If they're right, they will be vindicated.

3. I get the point of "how can we blame the woman in this situation" - it seems rather anti-feminist to think it's her fault for misinterpreting the relationship. But I don't see this as a gendered argument for everybody. I think if it was the opposite - woman participant on show with two "boyfriends" at home, I'd make the same argument. Maybe somewhere along the way lines got mixed up and not everyone realized what they meant to each other. Dating is so weird now - I usually end up dating more than one person in a period of time and it takes quite a few things to happen before I consider it exclusive but it may not be the same for the guy. I can see how confusion can occur.

That said, it's equally likely Ed's a jerk who was forthcoming to both women about being "girlfriends" and the decided to go on a dating show. But it's going to require some real proof for me to make that jump and overcome my benefit of the doubt.

To love and be loved is.. goldie2's Avatar

Has anyone else noticed the engagement ring on the ABC logo now?

I know everyone is still very caught up in the "Ed gate " drama..which isn't worth anymore time or energy because it is baseless in any confirmed fact or substance..

But the ring on the Logo is...
    don't they usually add that in closer to the finale to let us know there WILL be an engagement..
    Hmmmmmmm........

Probably nothing...

FORT Regular

WOW!! A lot happened while I was sleeping.

I got to thinking last night, which is a very dangerous thing on any occasion. I think Ed truly may have left for business reasons. Furthermore, I believe that Ed was originally supposed to go to Texas to out Wes. My reason being, that Jillian was going to choose Jake over Michael, but after speaking with Mike, changed her mind. Jake was pretty sure he would be chosen and you could tell by the look on his face he was very surprised.

I'm sure TPTB were aching to let Jillian know Wes just wasn't that into her and wanted desperately for her to dump him. You could see it in CH's face when she said she wanted to give Wes another chance/believed him whatever. If there was a thought bubble over his head I'm sure it would read, "What the *%$# do we have to do to convince you?!" Her choosing Michael over Jake threw a wrench in their plans.

On to Plan B:

After the HTD they knew Jillian wasn't into Michael or Jesse. What to do? Get Ed to come back and pledge his undying attraction to her so that she has someone else to focus on when Wes bows out/lets the cat out of the bag/she finally gets a clue. I think he did/does like her.

I totally think when Ed went home he thought his TB days were over. If and I say I F he was seen with a gf/ex-gf/multiple gfs then it was because he thought he was D-U-N-N-N. I don't think anyone should fault him for this.

Whatever happens now is anyone's guess. Maybe Ed and Jilly did develope real feelings toward one another, or maybe she had/has a thing for Kip or Reid. We won't know anything for sure for at least a week or so.

I know a lot of people have some interesting information, so I will just throw this out there.

A friend of mine said she has talked to Ed's cousin on youtube. You guys may know who he is. Anyway, not only does she believe he's Ed's cousin (which I do, too.), but she believes some of what he's told her.

Basically he said Ed was a great guy and that all he can say is that Ed didn't have a girlfriend during any part of the show.

Take it with a grain of salt, or talk to him for yourself, but I thought that should be said.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3545377;
    I know a lot of people have some interesting information, so I will just throw this out there.

A friend of mine said she has talked to Ed's cousin on youtube. You guys may know who he is. Anyway, not only does she believe he's Ed's cousin (which I do, too.), but she believes some of what he's told her.

Basically he said Ed was a great guy and that all he can say is that Ed didn't have a girlfriend during any part of the show.

Take it with a grain of salt, or talk to him for yourself, but I thought that should be said.
    To me the girlfriend thing is irrelevant. The more concerning stuff is that he specifically told the other guys in the house that he was not into her.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3545383;
    To me the girlfriend thing is irrelevant. The more concerning stuff is that he specifically told the other guys in the house that he was not into her.
    I must have missed some stuff. Haven't had a chance to dive in fully. Who did he say that to and how do we know? Especially since he's shown saying how quickly he's opened up to her and how much he likes her...

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by goldie2;3545372;
    Has anyone else noticed the engagement ring on the ABC logo now?

I know everyone is still very caught up in the "Ed gate " drama..which isn't worth anymore time or energy because it is baseless in any confirmed fact or substance..

But the ring on the Logo is...
    don't they usually add that in closer to the finale to let us know there WILL be an engagement..
    Hmmmmmmm........

Probably nothing...
    You know, I think I would actually be disappointed with an engagement at the finale. So much stuff has come out of the woodwork about this season regarding scripted storylines, dramatic comings and goings, possible girlfriends, "no love story," etc. I think an engagement would ring pretty hollow.

I think I'd be happy with a "I like you a lot, let's see where it goes," ending. It would seem a lot more realistic than anything else we've seen this season.

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3545383;
    ITA - if the rumours are true that TPTB knew Ed had 2 ladies at home that he was dating, they chose not to use that information on the show because it had no bearing on the outcome - or didn't fit into the storyline. should the information start to arise during the next couple of episodes, I reserve the right to change my mind
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono