Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3545176;
    Between what we know about the standard slice and dice editing AND what we know about Jillian's love of country music I find that very believable.

Yes, many others from the show including Tina, Bevin, Kate, Babyface, Jeremy and others have all posted similiar things like this.

I have heard several times where they will say in a PI "I am not falling in love with her/him" the not is taken out. Which could very well be what happened in Reids case.

They also said they take conversations for several different time, which may be weeks apart, and slice them together.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3545001;
    Hey nennie, Fort is holding a canonization ceremony for sdl soon. He's the god of rumors.

And for what it's worth, he doesn't have the story quite straight.
    Well his information matches up with mine. So I think he has it very much right. What about Sdl's story dosen't seem straight? What information do you have to the contrary?

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3545049;
    No, the 'issue' wasn't out there long before. A month or two after filming is perhaps a slight exaggeration but it mostly came out after filming was over. It really started when Blue Frog posted her 'info'. There may have been some vague rumblings prior to that but her posts started the avalanche of rumors and her first post was on June 13. The show was done May 24. The information, from the internet anyway, wouldn't have factored into Jillian's choice so it doesn't, in fact, serve any sleuthing purpose.
    Nope!!! You got it wrong stickle. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3545185;
    Yes, many others from the show including Tina, Bevin, Kate, Babyface, Jeremy and others have all posted similiar things like this.

I have heard several times where they will say in a PI "I am not falling in love with her/him" the not is taken out. Which could very well be what happened in Reids case.

They also said they take conversations for several different time, which may be weeks apart, and slice them together.
    Regarding your bolded statement: I guess the same could be said for Ed and Kip...........it comes back to Editing.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3545195;
    Regarding your bolded statement: I guess the same could be said for Ed and Kip...........it comes back to Editing.
    I think it happens to all of them and as this is a highly edited and highly scripted show and this is the worst season I have seen thus far for it.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3545146;
    Capegal, I don't mean to belabor this subject but the discussion got started that the prying into Ed's personal life and some of the things that are being said about him are over the top and verge on being character assassination, that it was irresponsible for some people to take it to such lengths, that it went far beyond sleuthing for hints and clues about how the show will turn out.

It may well be that the rumors and info were out there long before they became a big deal on this board and subsequently the internet, and it may be that the information influenced Jillian's decision. But it was a subject for her and Ed to deal with and their handling of the matter occurred in private which is how it should be. It's really none of our business and that's all I and several others are saying.
    I respectfully disagree with you, anyone who goes on a reality TV show opens themselves up to this type of sluthing. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3545195;

Yes of course, They edited postitves to look negative, negative to postitive, take out connections that are there and edit in connections that aren't there, They have even taken comments made about one person to make it sound like it is about another. They can make bad people look good and good people look bad. Just goes to show you can't trust the edit.

I have always thought so much of it looked fake, I think much of it comes from poor editing.

Quote Originally Posted by JoLena;3545206;
    I respectfully disagree with you, anyone who goes on a reality TV show opens themselves up to this type of sluthing. JMO
    Unfortunately, yes you are right. They sign up for their lives to be put in the spotlight for everyone to dissect. It's the nature of the beast.

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3545209;
    Unfortunately, yes you are right. They sign up for their lives to be put in the spotlight for everyone to dissect. It's the nature of the beast.
    ITA.
    You guys think this is bad with the Ed stuff, go check out past history regarding what internet people have done to the HG's on BB.

This is totally small potatoes compared to that but if Ed thought he could keep this undercover, he was sadly mistaken.
    We need not think alike to love alike

Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3545215;
    ITA.
    You guys think this is bad with the Ed stuff, go check out past history regarding what internet people have done to the HG's on BB.

This is totally small potatoes compared to that but if Ed thought he could keep this undercover, he was sadly mistaken.

Assuming there was anything to uncover. I have not seen any proof it is true. Would we be so quick to believe this if it was our favorite?