Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3545119;
    That is the OBVIOUS truth.............Wes wasn't interested in anything to do with Jill except getting his name well known to be able to sell more records.

He may not be in love with her but he seemed to show a genuine concern. He was there to comfort her after she let Robbie go. He told her he was sorry about Ed. He wrote her a love song. He did many simple things. He never lied about wanting a music career. And hey he made her heart twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3545138;
    The same could be said for her to....maybe she is playing him to her advantage.
    I guess it depends on the way you look at it. I see it as Jillian is very into him and likes him very much.....no faking on her part IMO.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Jillian is playing Wes.................. To me that don't seem to be in her nature to do so, yet we hear him say directly that he has her wrapped around his little finger and he can do anything now........... Also we have heard him say directly that he is only there for the publicity and NOT for the girl!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3545144;
    I don't think Jillian is playing Wes.................. To me that don't seem to be in her nature to do so, yet we hear him say directly that he has her wrapped around his little finger and he can do anything now........... Also we have heard him say directly that he is only there for the publicity and NOT for the girl!!!

Thats called editing.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3545103;
    Source says differently - well the info and rumor that you refer to was out there and available long before it was announced on this board or on the internet - before the show started to air - and seeing as the ending hasn't been proven - it is possible that it did affect the final outcome.
    Capegal, I don't mean to belabor this subject but the discussion got started that the prying into Ed's personal life and some of the things that are being said about him are over the top and verge on being character assassination, that it was irresponsible for some people to take it to such lengths, that it went far beyond sleuthing for hints and clues about how the show will turn out.

It may well be that the rumors and info were out there long before they became a big deal on this board and subsequently the internet, and it may be that the information influenced Jillian's decision. But it was a subject for her and Ed to deal with and their handling of the matter occurred in private which is how it should be. It's really none of our business and that's all I and several others are saying.
    Last edited by stickle; 07-06-2009 at 02:01 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3545142;
    He may not be in love with her but he seemed to show a genuine concern. He was there to comfort her after she let Robbie go. He told her he was sorry about Ed. He wrote her a love song. He did many simple things. He never lied about wanting a music career. And hey he made her heart twitter.
    IMO, the only concern that he was showing at that time went to him wanting to make sure he still had her wrapped around his little finger. That is the only thing that he was concerned with. Being nice to her, is one way to make sure he still had her on his little hook.

I am not even going to say I know her nature because I don't......but it isn't a proven thing that she isn't in it for the same thing as Wes. I like Jill but we haven't seen the last chapter unfold in this story so I can't say one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by sanlee;3545147;
    I'll never understand how people can defend him when he says things like that.... "he's got her wrapped around his little finger."
    Did you ever watch big brother live feeds or read the updates or see some of the clips? I seen several cases were what was shown/posted on the feeds were nothing like they aired. Maybe if we had live feeds for this show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nennie;3545151;
    I am not even going to say I know her nature because I don't......but it isn't a proven thing that she isn't in it for the same thing as Wes. I like Jill but we haven't seen the last chapter unfold in this story so I can't say one way or the other.
    Since Jill hasn't contradicted herself, we can assume that what she said is true and she is there to find someone to have in her life. Wes, on the other hand has contradicted himself several times telling the camera one thing and Jill another, then laughing because he realized that she is falling for it. That is something that you don't get from Jill.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3545154;
    Did you ever watch big brother live feeds or read the updates or see some of the clips? I seen several cases were what was shown/posted on the feeds were nothing like they aired. Maybe if we had live feeds for this show.
    Nope. I guess it's hard to judge contestants by what they say on this show because there is a whole LOT of editing going on. With that said, I'm still trying to figure out how his saying was edited though...how it could be worded to sound any better than it was. I'm sure Wes is a nice guy in RL but the way they edit him is just really unfortunate. It really makes you want to dislike him and I base my opinions on these guys by what I see on this show since we don't know how they are in RL. It sucks but that's what they sign up for.