Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

There is another poster at ew.com comments that says they live in Hawaii and the F2 are Ed and Kip for sure......and leaked out that Ed is F1.....so we will have to wait and see whose source or leak are correct and not leading us all on.....

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by joliepaige;3543366;
    If Ed isn't at least F2 I will be disappointed that I didn't get to see him present her a scrapbook with the wilted rose.

I've said it before, but Wes does say that it all ends up good. How would he know? Unless he is one of the F2, he shouldn't know yet.
    Go to the closed "Wes spoilers", page 49, post 487 and listen again to his radio interview. He said he THINKS it will all be FINE. It really helps to listen for ones own self.

I'd like to throw out a slightly different topic to add to the mix today.....

Wayyy back when (or so it seems) that HI pic of Ed/Jillian came out in the Canada Magazine, there was a great deal of speculation that there was no way for him to end up F1, because he would not get a HTD, and it was so important to Jillian to meet the families before she would accept a proposal.. that was the discussion back then.
    I remember thinking at the time (and I posted) ... was it not a possibility, although not a probability, that there could have been a HTD for Ed between leaving Spain, but before arriving in Hawaii? The great people who do the timeline analysis said there would not be enough time, especially since Jillian did a teleconference on May 12th, presumably from Hawaii. .. even though some thought that teleconfernce could have been generated from anywhere. (I had thought, in my naivety, that since they were gaining back lots of hours of the day traveling from east to west, that it could be possible)

Well this thought has still occurred to me as a possibilty... somewhere, sometime, somehow (besides family going to HI option) IMHO, they still had to stop somewhere for plane changes etc in the USA.
    Why not meet the family along the way, even if not the whole big scenario of the "usual" HTD... there have been many variation throughout past seasons.

Sooooo.....

Questions I have today... for those who know the inner workings of the show.. or those who just enjoy speculating:
    1) Would all of the cast (Jillian + remaining guys) all travel together on same flight from Spain or individual flights to keep them all separated?
    2) If separated, would Jillian perhaps have an option of taking 1 of the guys on her flight to allow for more "alone time" without cameras in their faces?
    (JMHO, but I think you could learn alot about someone during such a long flight time and would definitely qualify as SQT, possibly without the other guys even finding out about it???)

I'm very interesting in hearing the answers (or speculation) on these questions. TIA!
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Quote Originally Posted by 4health;3543374;
    There is another poster at ew.com comments that says they live in Hawaii and the F2 are Ed and Kip for sure......and leaked out that Ed is F1.....so we will have to wait and see whose source or leak are correct and not leading us all on.....
    well iam not sure about it
    Roberto Martinez You are A Candy to my eyes
    Team Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3543305;
    So going by this, Kip is the original F1 and Reid is who she settles for...doesn't sound promising.
    This is JMO but the way the show's been edited, I'll probably think Jillian settled UNLESS she picked Kip as F1. I'll think that whether she's picked Ed or Reid. Kip's story has been the guy who represents the opportunity for Jillian to have the guy she thought is beyond her reach and actually be happy. But we've seen Jillian's insecurities come out in her interactions with Kip and even Chris the producer shill blogged how when she's with Kip it's always about whether she's good enough for him/his family.

This is my speculation but I believe the taste test with the lasagna and wine was a producer set up to drive home this theme. I just cannot believe that Kip's family would think that the way to make a guest feel welcome is to put them through the wringer first thing with a taste test to establish whether Jillian's taste is up to snuff. I don't think the producers cared that the audience might think it was a rude thing to do. They had their story that they wanted to tell and doggoneit, they were going to tell it.

For Jillian to make the leap and pick Kip as F1, she would have to have enough confidence in them as a couple to believe that Kip would actually love her if she'd just been a girl he met in real life. I don't believe she's shown she has that confidence so far and IMO we're being set up for Jillian not to pick Kip because her insecurity takes over and maybe even results in Kip pulling back (or maybe he wasn't that into her). Or that will be the story we're told when what really happened is that Kip refused to operate at reality show warp speed in the relationship, resulting in Jillian picking someone who was more willing to operate at reality show warp speed.

IMO from the F3 it's Ed who's most likely to be willing to operate at reality show warp speed. He has already been turned into a producer pawn based on the departure/return. IMO there's more where that came from, with Ed being portrayed as turning up the heat to make up for lost time and with Ed being the one who the producers have bringing the surprise at the F3 stage to prove his seriousness.

If Jillian picks Ed IMO it will be because he's her type anyway, he's attainable for her in real life (unlike Kip), and because he was most willing to operate at the speed that the producers of the B'ette demand for the show.

With the story we've been shown so far, if Jillian picks Reid it seems like it'll be more a default pick because the others failed or opted out. It's not that I think there's nothing there. It's that I think what's there has been downplayed too much. We're being shown that they have a great time together but we're not being given a clue how they could work out a relationship together and Reid's giving no sign that he's willing to operate at reality show dating warp speed.

If Jillian picks Kip then the arc might actually show some growth on her part. I'm not saying they're any more likely to last than Jillian and any of these other guys. I'm just saying that as far as the stories being told, we've been presented with one story where the goal seems out of reach (Kip), one story where IMO the producers are trying too hard (Ed), and one story that's fun but hasn't gone anywhere at all (Reid). That kind of incoherence supports either the idea that the editors don't have a story they like for TV or the idea that there isn't a story at all IMO.
    Last edited by cfck2222; 07-04-2009 at 09:45 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by missdrspark;3543406;
    well iam not sure about it
    missdrspark (love all your videos by the way)....what are you not sure about
    1 - the final 2 Ed/Kip
    2 - Ed the finale one

Just wondering....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cfck2222;3543407;
    This is JMO but the way the show's been edited, I'll probably think Jillian settled UNLESS she picked Kip as F1. I'll think that whether she's picked Ed or Reid. Kip's story has been the guy who represents the opportunity for Jillian to have the guy she thought is beyond her reach and actually be happy. But we've seen Jillian's insecurities come out in her interactions with Kip and even Chris the producer shill blogged how when she's with Kip it's always about whether she's good enough for him/his family.

This is my speculation but I believe the taste test with the lasagna and wine was a producer set up to drive home this theme. I just cannot believe that Kip's family would think that the way to make a guest feel welcome is to put them through the wringer first thing with a taste test to establish whether Jillian's taste is up to snuff. I don't think the producers cared that the audience might think it was a rude thing to do. They had their story that they wanted to tell and doggoneit, they were going to tell it.

For Jillian to make the leap and pick Kip as F1, she would have to have enough confidence in them as a couple to believe that Kip would actually love her if she'd just been a girl he met in real life. I don't believe she's shown she has that confidence so far and IMO we're being set up for Jillian not to pick Kip because her insecurity takes over and maybe even results in Kip pulling back (or maybe he wasn't that into her). Or that will be the story we're told when what really happened is that Kip refused to operate at reality show warp speed in the relationship, resulting in Jillian picking someone who was more willing to operate at reality show warp speed.

IMO from the F3 it's Ed who's most likely to be willing to operate at reality show warp speed. He has already been turned into a producer pawn based on the departure/return. IMO there's more where that came from, with Ed being portrayed as turning up the heat to make up for lost time and with Ed being the one who the producers have bringing the surprise at the F3 stage to prove his seriousness.

If Jillian picks Ed IMO it will be because he's her type anyway, he's attainable for her in real life (unlike Kip), and because he was most willing to operate at the speed that the producers of the B'ette demand for the show.

With the story we've been shown so far, if Jillian picks Reid it seems like it'll be more a default pick because the others failed or opted out. It's not that I think there's nothing there. It's that I think what's there has been downplayed too much. We're being shown that they have a great time together but we're not being given a clue how they could work out a relationship together and Reid's giving no sign that he's willing to operate at reality show dating warp speed.

If Jillian picks Kip then the arc might actually show some growth on her part. I'm not saying they're any more likely to last than Jillian and any of these other guys. I'm just saying that as far as the stories being told, we've been presented with one story where the goal seems out of reach (Kip), one story where IMO the producers are trying too hard (Ed), and one story that's fun but hasn't gone anywhere at all (Reid). That kind of incoherence supports either the idea that the editors don't have a story they like for TV or the idea that there isn't a story at all IMO.
    Great post......I haven't been able to but my thoughts on paper (forum) but you came close.....Thanks......I am always amazed of all the leaked rumors, the leak of F1 etc. We need more SCs hurry up Monday....

This is a very well thought out idea. I love that you do not bash the F3 guys and that you look at what the edit is saying about each of them. I can see this being the way that the show may go as well. Very nice post and I hope that you continue to post your opinions, thoughts and ideas!

FORT Fogey

Bravo, cfck2222! Very well stated.

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3543362;
    I can see the "unique way" two different ways.

1) How or why she chooses him is unique

2) Reid and Jillian's agreement on how the show ends is unique -- meaning no engagement, no promises of everlasting love, but let's date in the real world and make a decision later (which makes the most sense to me, but I'm kinda practical that way). This isn't exactly unique because others have done it, but the source might not be a Bachelor fan and s/he has no idea how things have ended in the past, s/he assumes they usually end in an engagement. So to this source, agreeing to date in the real world could seem unique or different than the norm.
    This makes perfect sense. Reid and Jillian aren't going through the motions. They are genuinely falling for each other. Reid is not a puppet or a fool and is not about to promise a lifetime commitment after having spent no time in the real world under their own power. He is a self-proclaimed perfectionist and it would be very unlikely that he would set himself up for failure. If this is how it ends it will be a welcome relief. If they can make a relationship that works after this I congratulate them.

During Reid's 1-on-1 with his father he answered the question about whether he liked her by saying, "Yeah......I think WE are both in the same situation with how WE feel about each other."

1. He used the correct pronoun...1st person plural
    (Face it he could have so easily said "her and I" so many do.)
    2. He used the "W" word. He referred to them as "WE". How anyone can think "couple" in that insane process is beyond me, but I think it's adorable.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!