Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3543218;
    As far as scripting and unreality go, there's a popular show on TV where the buyers look at 3 different houses before making "a choice". The only problem is is that they've already closed on one of the houses we see. In a lot of cases, the two other ones were never even under consideration, and they're seeing them for the first time during filming. I knew someone on this show, she said it was 110% percent acting, they had already purchased one of the three homes months before and it took them 45 hours to make a half hour show. Of course reality shows are scripted, but the question is, to what degree.
    Ed leaving and returning to me was scripted as evidenced by the complete lack of emotion on his part. I don't dislike Ed, as I said before, I don't know him. He wasn't around enough for me to form an opinion. But his leaving and returning at an opportune time is suspect and so are the rumors.
    That is very true. In fact, the other 2 houses may not even be up for sale, but actually a private home of a real estate agent that they just use for filming. One of my clients had her personal house used, and she was even told to make it look a little messy so the "buyers could comment on the clutter."

There is very little reality in reality television. The person we see on camera may be completely different in real life. Ed's departure and return was just another twist written in like the Wes/Jake drama. Hopefully Jillian was in on some of it, and this has not been a complete manipulation at her expense. It would be nice to see her make a connection, even if it is just friendship with one of the guys. These people may not be actors, but they are sure doing a pretty good job at convincing some people.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3543258;
    I have just heard from another source of mine. Now this source says he is 2 steps away from Reid, so I don't know how reliable he is .... just thought I would post it anyway.

He indicates Wes comes back after he is cut.
    Kip does not want to be F1 so he manages to wiggle his way out of being F1.
    Ed has no intention of being F1.
    Reid is F1, but becomes F1 in an unique way.
    What does 2 steps away mean? Some of it makes total sense to what we have been hearing..esp about Wes coming back & Kip maybe not wanting it.

FORT Fanatic

I have just heard from another source of mine. Now this source says he is 2 steps away from Reid, so I don't know how reliable he is .... just thought I would post it anyway.

I'm completely torn between Ed and Wes being the one coming back to propose. The nebulous "evidence" points more to Ed (also he obviously has a strong enough "connection" with her to come back... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt despite rumors). Yet, it is interesting that Reid's early PIs focus on Wes, suggesting that their "fates" may intertwine in some way. Only once did he mention Ed (as both a "cool guy" and a possible "threat"... in a group conversation much like the dinner group over Kip's 1 on 1 and the one Tanner/Jesse/Michael had about him). The only reason WE on FORT remember his comment is because we are all debating which of these two will be F1. The average viewer won't remember episode #3 like we do.

I could easily see Kiptyn "bow out". He uses the word "if" a lot in his discussions about her, sounds indecisive and talks more about things like kayaks, trains and Spanish dancing. Also, he appears quite friendly with Reid.

Jillian may have singled out Reid early on and I strongly suspect his 1 on 1 date was given last for a reason. She did say she had a "spark" the "second" she met him.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

What I am finding very interesting today, in reading all of the threads here, is that there will always be very differing opinions on MANY topics. It appears to me (JMHO) that those who have chosen a favorite this season are going to, as always , see things from this point of view, as it relates to their favorite... nothing wrong with that... just human nature. Also, people may chose to believe certain rumors or speculation about some of the remaining men, but not about the others... nothing wrong with that either... again just human nature. IMO, much of what we chose to believe or see is sometimes based upon our own life experiences, but not always.

Bottom line though for me, since I don't have a favorite, is that Monday can not come soon enough... because hopefully, there will be new things to sleuth.. a reason why many come to this board... to either sleuth themselves or to enjoy the wonderful sleuthing abilities of many.

Personally, I don't think I could enjoy the show as much without all of the wonderful insight and opinions of the people who post here. Well done everyone!
    "When The Legend Becomes Fact, Print The Legend" (From: The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance)

Quote Originally Posted by Arizona Sunset;3543331;
    Happy 4th of July everyone!

What I am finding very interesting today, in reading all of the threads here, is that there will always be very differing opinions on MANY topics. It appears to me (JMHO) that those who have chosen a favorite this season are going to, as always , see things from this point of view, as it relates to their favorite... nothing wrong with that... just human nature. Also, people may chose to believe certain rumors or speculation about some of the remaining men, but not about the others... nothing wrong with that either... again just human nature. IMO, much of what we chose to believe or see is sometimes based upon our own life experiences, but not always.

Bottom line though for me, since I don't have a favorite, is that Monday can not come soon enough... because hopefully, there will be new things to sleuth.. a reason why many come to this board... to either sleuth themselves or to enjoy the wonderful sleuthing abilities of many.

Personally, I don't think I could enjoy the show as much without all of the wonderful insight and opinions of the people who post here. Well done everyone!
    Well said and Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Benny Fan;3543330;
    I'm completely torn between Ed and Wes being the one coming back to propose. The nebulous "evidence" points more to Ed (also he obviously has a strong enough "connection" with her to come back... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt despite rumors). Yet, it is interesting that Reid's early PIs focus on Wes, suggesting that their "fates" may intertwine in some way. Only once did he mention Ed (as both a "cool guy" and a possible "threat"... in a group conversation much like the dinner group over Kip's 1 on 1 and the one Tanner/Jesse/Michael had about him). The only reason WE on FORT remember his comment is because we are all debating which of these two will be F1. The average viewer won't remember episode #3 like we do.

I could easily see Kiptyn "bow out". He uses the word "if" a lot in his discussions about her, sounds indecisive and talks more about things like kayaks, trains and Spanish dancing. Also, he appears quite friendly with Reid.

Jillian may have singled out Reid early on and I strongly suspect his 1 on 1 date was given last for a reason. She did say she had a "spark" the "second" she met him.
    And THAT could be what this season is ALL about
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

That reminds me of F3 becomes final 2 but not final 1, or whatever the riddle was last year!

I have said before that it may be Wes who returns. If that is true about Kip, maybe he just purposely doesn't show enough interest in Jillian.
    Reid is F1 in a unique way.....by default? After her contemplating a while, then picking him? That would go along with the brilliant last 5 minutes.
    This year is sure perplexing.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

The night we saw the preview suggesting someone returns to propose I posted here saying I think it's Wes. It fits his bad boy edit so perfectly. He's the insincere guy who played Jillian like a guitar, but after he's cut he returns because he realizes his true feelings. The audience is sent on a roller coaster because it looks like she is seriously thinking about accepting Evil Wes's proposal, and then we all jump up and cheer when she sadly tells him it's too late.

Soooooo scripted. They wanted something exciting and spicy to happen in the finale and Wes's storyline feeds right into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Capegal;3543340;
    And THAT could be what this season is ALL about
    I'll chime in and say it may have been a disaster (per SDL) because they were so real & sort of "boring".

Quote Originally Posted by terabithia;3543344;
    The night we saw the preview suggesting someone returns to propose I posted here saying I think it's Wes. It fits his bad boy edit so perfectly. He's the insincere guy who played Jillian like a guitar, but after he's cut he returns because he realizes his true feelings. The audience is sent on a roller coaster because it looks like she is seriously thinking about accepting Evil Wes's proposal, and then we all jump up and cheer when she sadly tells him it's too late.

Soooooo scripted. They wanted something exciting and spicy to happen in the finale and Wes's storyline feeds right into it.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Okay, let's say Wes does come back. (Yipes. Hard to type that, lol.) Here's my tongue-firmly-in-cheek scenario:

That IS Wes on the bed with his tattoos in all their glory. He has returned to relive one of their group dates. Unfortunately, he has relived it too well. In the SC, Jillian has climbed atop him to see if he has a pulse. He does. He makes a request. She agrees, and calls a cab to take him back to Austin.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.