Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by northernviewer;3543156;
    One thing I picked up the second time was that the food test was really just a play on Jillian's hot dog test - and she only asked her to pick the best combo and when you looked at the glasses of wine, one was a rich dark red and the other looked like pink pop (most of you will probably call it soda) so she was set up to succeed IMO.
    You're right! How did I miss that? In episode #1, Kip said he was straight ketchup. I liked Kip's family... sophisticated that they were. Jillian may not have been as comfortable with them as she was with Reid's family (not as much hugging), but it didn't take long for her to "warm up" to them as well. The only weird edit was mom peeking at the two in the hot-tub... I'm not clear what the point of that was.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3543258;
    I have just heard from another source of mine. Now this source says he is 2 steps away from Reid, so I don't know how reliable he is .... just thought I would post it anyway.

He indicates Wes comes back after he is cut.
    Kip does not want to be F1 so he manages to wiggle his way out of being F1.
    Ed has no intention of being F1.
    Reid is F1, but becomes F1 in an unique way.
    Wes coming back wouldn't shock me.

I think Kip is F2 and always have. I think his storyline is to experience his first heartbreak and then go on to be the next bachelor to mend his heart and find true love. I don't think he's head over heels for Jill.

I've often thought Reid was F3 but if Wes is coming back I can't see Reid then coming back too. That would be 4 men making a repeat performance this season.

If Ed is F3 I don't see how Reid being F1 is unique. Perhaps she doesn't pick any of them and then they talk and he says how he feels? I can't see Ed being F1 and then turning her down either. Interesting stuff.
    Last edited by Nova14; 07-04-2009 at 08:52 PM.

FORT Fogey

I think Kip's family was trying to have fun and play on some things from Jill's season i.e. making her pick the meal and the hot tub. I do think it showed genuine interest in getting to know her but I could also see it being awkward. I thought Jill handled it like a pro.

I was very curious to see Kip's sister say Jill was coming on strong. I don't think she wanted this to end in a proposal. I think she wanted to make sure he was sure and that he took his time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3543285;
    I think Kip's family was trying to have fun and play on some things from Jill's season i.e. making her pick the meal and the hot tub. I do think it showed genuine interest in getting to know her but I could also see it being awkward. I thought Jill handled it like a pro.

I was very curious to see Kip's sister say Jill was coming on strong. I don't think she wanted this to end in a proposal. I think she wanted to make sure he was sure and that he took his time.
    I agree. I wonder if in the entire segment if they had normal conversation before they jumped into the taste test, etc. I imagine that they did but we weren't allowed to see it since they wanted us to get a " certain vibe" about his family. I mean who in real life would invite your child's love interest into your home and start off with a taste test?

Also, not sure if it's true or not, but I've read on a couple of other boards that Kip's sister nominated him to be on The Bachelor but he was asked to be on this show. So maybe she had intended for him to be in the driver's seat - thus her line of questioning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3543297;
    Also, not sure if it's true or not, but I've read on a couple of other boards that Kip's sister nominated him to be on The Bachelor but he was asked to be on this show. So maybe she had intended for him to be in the driver's seat - thus her line of questioning.
    Now that's very interesting. Coincides with rumors that he is next bachelor.

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3543258;
    I have just heard from another source of mine. Now this source says he is 2 steps away from Reid, so I don't know how reliable he is .... just thought I would post it anyway.

He indicates Wes comes back after he is cut.
    Kip does not want to be F1 so he manages to wiggle his way out of being F1.
    Ed has no intention of being F1.
    Reid is F1, but becomes F1 in an unique way.
    So going by this, Kip is the original F1 and Reid is who she settles for...doesn't sound promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3543305;
    So going by this, Kip is the original F1 and Reid is who she settles for...doesn't sound promising.
    Not necessarily Kip may not have wanted to be F1 and Jillian may not have wanted him to be F! - I am sure it was a mutual feeling. I think it is great if Reid is F1!

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3543276;
    Wes coming back wouldn't shock me.

I think Kip is F2 and always have. I think his storyline is to experience his first heartbreak and then go on to be the next bachelor to mend his heart and find true love. I don't think he's head over heels for Jill.

I've often thought Reid was F3 but if Wes is coming back I can't see Reid then coming back too. That would be 4 men making a repeat performance this season.

If Ed is F3 I don't see how Reid being F1 is unique. Perhaps she doesn't pick any of them and then they talk and he says how he feels? I can't see Ed being F1 and then turning her down either. Interesting stuff.

this is interesting news. kip's activity on twitter makes it seem like he is not F1. he seems to be focused on his work, fund raising, the lakers, handing out at the beach. his activity is like everyday life for him, 7 days a week. reid's twitter activity timeline is interesting. every other weekend, he seems to be quiet. i keep looking at his facebook profile picture. it really looks like the 4 guys fishing in hawaii - chris, kip, reid and ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nova14;3543300;
    Now that's very interesting. Coincides with rumors that he is next bachelor.
    If Kip isn't the F1, I would love to see him as the next bachelor. Regardless of what we think of this show, I'm sure its a great experience, and, I'm sure you do learn things about yourself and what you want. He would have gone through the process, and know what to expect, but being on the other side of the coin, I think we would see the true Kip.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliGal;3543311;
    this is interesting news. kip's activity on twitter makes it seem like he is not F1. he seems to be focused on his work, fund raising, the lakers, handing out at the beach. his activity is like everyday life for him, 7 days a week. reid's twitter activity timeline is interesting. every other weekend, he seems to be quiet. i keep looking at his facebook profile picture. it really looks like the 4 guys fishing in hawaii - chris, kip, reid and ed.
    I agree that Kip is living life. Also, on his radio interview, they asked about social life and he said that he was busy with the event and hanging out with family and friends. Then, he said he was taking things "one day at a time" - which as a poster on his thread pointed out - sounds like someone getting over something.