Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3543046;
    Meredith/Ian met at Uncle's house not parents,,did not meet Ian's parents
    Byron/tonya and Mary brought their parents to Byron mansion of bach,,Bryron parents divorced
    Prince whoever,,,met both parents at same time
    on and on, this is not unusual to the show and if Jillian did not meet the parents of the chosen one then that is her decision whether to proceed forward and she has done just that the show is over and she is extremely happy.
    Jason parents were at the mother home by the way not in New Zealand.
    During Jason's season as the Bachelor, the F2 did meet his family in New Zealand. I have not seen the other seasons that you mention. I started watching during Travis' season and then it wasn't all of it. Maybe meeting the family is not a big deal to some of them. I just know that for me, I would prefer meeting them at home so that I could see them how they normally are.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3542875;
    This is not real life, it's an accelerated dating drama that often ends with a proposal---most parents meet the significant other before the significant other becomes a fiance.

Just to add, I know Ed is from MI, that's why I said I doubted she had been to Detroit. If he grew up in MI and now lives in Chicago, and Jillian has never been either place, I think it would have been valuable for her to have had a chance to visit on or the other. That's my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.
    Valuable in what way? I'm curious to know. After reading several posts about not having a HTD, I feel it is totally unimportant to me. IMO. Does it matter where the person came from, what city he was born in or where he grew up when it comes to making a decision.

If I was in HI and my family came to meet my guy, I am positive there wouldn't be any difference than meeting him at my mother's home. My family is a loving open honest wonderful group of people. I love them all very much, and that would be evident by just being all together. He would see our interaction and can come to his own conclusion, same goes for if it was the opposite. That being said, would he make a final decision based on that?

On the other hand, it would be very exciting for Jillian to go to MI and Chicago if Ed is the F1, without the camera's rolling.

There are plenty of relationships that fall apart because of issues, feelings, etc, not because they grew up in any particular city.

I would hope he doesn't judge me on my mothers taste of decorating. There is nothing in her house that is a reflection on me, however her personality and her charachter etc, are.

For example, seeing Kip's mother, her charachter, etc made me feel like it will be very difficult to see Kip ever pleasing his mother. He has never had to persue anyone, his mother feels you don't have to work for happiness. To me, that was an example of his upbringing, not the decor in her home.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3543072;

For example, seeing Kip's mother, her charachter, etc made me feel like it will be very difficult to see Kip ever pleasing his mother. He has never had to persue anyone, his mother feels you don't have to work for happiness. To me, that was an example of his upbringing, not the decor in her home.
    FWIW, I agree with your whole post. The thing I thought was most telling about Kip's mother was the question "what would you change about yourself that would make Kip happy and also better yourself?"--I felt like she might as well have said, "you are not good enough for my son--how will you change to make yourself better for him?". OUCH! I mean, as Jill said, she was direct, but in this case, I saw direct as bitchy. The rest of his family seemed okay, but WOW on the mom!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3543072;
    My first impression of Kips mother on the HTD wasn't very good and I was a little bummed about that ... so I rewatched it. After watching the out take at the end I thought she seemed like she knew how to have fun and let her hair down so I thought I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and watch it again with an open mind.

One thing I picked up the second time was that the food test was really just a play on Jillian's hot dog test - and she only asked her to pick the best combo and when you looked at the glasses of wine, one was a rich dark red and the other looked like pink pop (most of you will probably call it soda) so she was set up to succeed IMO. And I agree with what her mom said about not working for happiness, I think what she meant is that if it's a mutual love, you shouldn't have to work for it. Jillian evem admitted that she always felt that she was never loved to the same degree that she loved and so had to try harder to get them to return the emotion (kinda like she had to do with Wes) Kip's mom wasn't insulting her, just trying to make her see her worth.

Also, you can tell that Kip and his parents did some research about Jillian and they all seemed to have either watched Jillian on the Bach or watched tapes of the show. Kip mentioned in the footage of him shown the M&G night that he knew all about Jillian and was looking forward to meeting her. Kip's parents knew enough to joke about the hot tub scene, knew about the food test, knew about how they all the girls on Jasons's season had to make up lyrics and sing them. She also seemed thrilled to meet Jillian and was happy that Kip had a spark around Jillian. Kip's sister was just being realistic about the situation - she was more interested in whether they could be a match in the long run and not just about Kip "winning".

All in all, I think the HTD was a success and if Jillian doesn't give Kip a chance due to his money, as some are suggesting, that's a form of reverse snobbery in itself as Kip nor his parents did anything to suggest that they thought they were too good for her. If anything they were the ones that went out of their way the most to find out all they could about her and they seemed quite pleased that there was a possibility that Jillian could maybe one day be part of their family.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3543082;
    FWIW, I agree with your whole post. The thing I thought was most telling about Kip's mother was the question "what would you change about yourself that would make Kip happy and also better yourself?"--I felt like she might as well have said, "you are not good enough for my son--how will you change to make yourself better for him?". OUCH! I mean, as Jill said, she was direct, but in this case, I saw direct as bitchy. The rest of his family seemed okay, but WOW on the mom!
    that's not the way I took what she said. (she said what would you change that would make Kip happier that would also make you a better person - not better yourself, which is a little different) I thought she was just asking "what kind of compromise are you willing to make that would benefit Kip and your relationship" Although I do think it was kind of a strange question and not sure how I would answer a question like that to be honest, it wasn't meant to degrade Jillian, she was just trying to get to know Jillian in a few short hours. All I know is that she seemed pretty impressed with Jillian and was always smiling warmly at her when she was talking.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit

I do believe Kip's parents, along with Kip, are very nice people. It is the edit you have to question - a not so positive one on the HTD.
    Of course, Tessa's wasn't edited too great either, if I remember correctly.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by pminn1608;3543056;
    Absolutely agree with you 100%, very well stated and nothing about the show is realistic it is drama 101.
    As far as scripting and unreality go, there's a popular show on TV where the buyers look at 3 different houses before making "a choice". The only problem is is that they've already closed on one of the houses we see. In a lot of cases, the two other ones were never even under consideration, and they're seeing them for the first time during filming. I knew someone on this show, she said it was 110% percent acting, they had already purchased one of the three homes months before and it took them 45 hours to make a half hour show. Of course reality shows are scripted, but the question is, to what degree.
    Ed leaving and returning to me was scripted as evidenced by the complete lack of emotion on his part. I don't dislike Ed, as I said before, I don't know him. He wasn't around enough for me to form an opinion. But his leaving and returning at an opportune time is suspect and so are the rumors.

I liked Kip's family. But, then again I liked Bettina's family, so what do I know. And, for a crack at that inheritance, I could definitely put up with his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3543201;
    I do believe Kip's parents, along with Kip, are very nice people. It is the edit you have to question - a not so positive one on the HTD.
    Of course, Tessa's wasn't edited too great either, if I remember correctly.
    I think the doubtful edit is given when everything else is just "to good to be true" - there always has to be obstacles to overcome. I think that's why they were given the fun out take, to make people realize that they were really down to earth people.

I have just heard from another source of mine. Now this source says he is 2 steps away from Reid, so I don't know how reliable he is .... just thought I would post it anyway.

He indicates Wes comes back after he is cut.
    Kip does not want to be F1 so he manages to wiggle his way out of being F1.
    Ed has no intention of being F1.
    Reid is F1, but becomes F1 in an unique way.