Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by sgjsnow;3542451;
    I have watched their HTD more times that I'd like to admit. I am pretty sure that he says "they just disappear." I guess you can interpret that however you want. I put it together with the same thought when he said that he thinks he just hasn't found the right one yet. I guess it could be some problem on Reid's part, but I took it more like the right one hasn't come along yet; therefore, obviously at some point they would just disappear. JMO on that one.
    JMO, but the brothers' comments made me think that Reid probably bores easily, and combined with him not being comfortable showing affection to a girlfriend in front of family, he possibly doesn't bring many girls "home". So the family hears about them, rarely meets them, and then they stop hearing about them because the relationship is over and he is on to something (or someone) else. Maybe he isn't attentive enough once he loses interest and the girls end it, who knows? It sounds like he doesn't have a stellar relationship history, but it also sounds like he hasn't made it a priority until now, since he's turning 30, and is starting to think about following in his brothers' footsteps. Very typical scenario for a lot of career-driven men in my estimation.

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3542065;
    Technically we don't know that Ed really had to make that choice either. Yes, they told us on the show that he had to. Does it make it true? No, not really. We also saw on Matt's season that he wanted to get married and have kids ASAP because his dear old dad was getting older and wanted to give him grandkids soon. We know that didn't happen because he picked the one woman that had no intention of getting married and having kids any time in the near future.

I understand that viewers want to see a love story come from this show. I really don't understand how anyone can expect one to come from this show when the head producer has made it very loud and clear that to him this show is about drama. This show is about ratings. This show is about money in Fleiss pocket. Fleiss does not care if he gets another Trista/Ryan ending as long as people are watching and advertisers are paying. My husband laughs at the show and says each time it is on "You know this is all fake, why are you watching?!?". I always tell him the same thing. For me it has nothing to do with seeing a love story. It has everything to do with it being a puzzle for me to solve. I try to see where the edit is taking the story. What are TPTB trying to tell us, to get us to believe. Do I expect a "happily ever after"? LOL No!! I know that 9 times out of 10 the couple will split when the required 6 months are up, sometimes they don't even last that long. But it still is a puzzle to try and figure out and one thing that I do love are puzzles.

I had to laugh at the highlighted part of your comment for 2 reasons.
    1. MY husband says that same thing
    2. My father used to say that every time my brothers would watch WWF.

As per the comments of Reid's brothers, I don't think a serious relationship has been one of his priorities. He was probably just casually dating with no intentions of taking it any further.

Up 'til now Reid only dated blondes.......need I say more?

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3542636;
    My DH did, too. Blonde haired, blue eyed blondes. I'm a brunette with brown eyes and we've been married a long time.

My pick for Jillian...Reid.

Reid..she's not sure she understands her attraction to him but it's there, he's quirky, she's described herself that way, she loves a challenge, their careers complement each other.

Kiptyn..mild mannered Kip, maybe too refined for her, definite physical attraction, but what else?

Ed...I don't know, he hasn't been around much. There's an attraction, but is it enough? Too many rumors floating around about him. Lesson learned from seasons past..where there's smoke, there usually is some type of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Flori da;3542665;
    My pick for Jillian...Reid.

Reid..she's not sure she understands her attraction to him but it's there, he's quirky, she's described herself that way, she loves a challenge, their careers complement each other.

Kiptyn..mild mannered Kip, maybe too refined for her, definite physical attraction, but what else?

Ed...I don't know, he hasn't been around much. There's an attraction, but is it enough? Too many rumors floating around about him. Lesson learned from seasons past..where there's smoke, there usually is some type of fire.
    I agree with the Kip analogy (no stones please...) Everything we saw of the HTD with Kip (at least to me)..screamed Jillian does not fit...she has described herself as a polished hick...Kip's family is just polished..and the sister made sure to present that image (As did the mom with the little lasagna~wine tasting test)...bad taste in my opinion...

I think that will be part of Kips exit..the family...not fitting in..undeniable physical chemistry...but nothing else. I think Kip is F2 as he matches up with the blue suit guy, (although the suit may not end up being blue~that is the SC we have) his stride -walking, type of suit he is wearing, hand with ring all match as Kip. *Flag planted* Kip IS blue suit guy at least now I need confirmed ID to place him at F2

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3542636;
    Maybe I missed something, but I thought the "blonde comment" came when they were ribbing each other about their lists. I don't recall Reid stating that he only dated blondes. Was it in an outtake? I don't always see all of those.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

i have re-watched the previews where they show the 'performance issue' and the beginning of that section is with a VO by reid saying 'obviously i would love to spend the night there and wake up with her in the morning' followed by a different bedroom than the one we see jillian and someone on a bed - here she is with reid (i'm pretty certain) and they are both in white bathrobes standing kissing. the second bedroom she is in a white and red bathing suit with something flimsy above...(seems like the same bikini from the time we see someone massaging her leg with some oil) in this scene the guy is wearing khaki shorts (I highly doubt anyone would wear khaki shorts underneath a white bathrobe...)
    my main observation is that it was clearly implied it was reid - the editors almost WANTED us to believe it is reid - and that's why I think it is NOT reid they're splicing scenes together of reid/jill & the other person

I think any talk of "performance" is just plain silly. The producers always try to create interest even if its using insinuations that never play out. There will be a problem with one of the guys regarding Jillian's and his physical attraction and romance. For some reason the chemistry will be gone and it will surprise and disappoint her.
    IMO its becoming disrespectful to both Jillian and the guys to discuss performance at all - according to past bach and bachettes fantasy dates rarely involve sex, but are more of a time to really get to know each other.