Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fanatic

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3542406;
    Well that dosen't make sense if he's this huge player.
    Bwah! You made me snort out loud!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3542163;
    I don't think things end well for Ed. For reasons we may never know, he left and then he returned. He has a reputation on the boards as someone who is highly intelligent and possibly a player. TPTB like nothing better than to cut people like that down to size. Ed wants to come back .....sure bring him back and we'll have a little fun with him.

Initially Jillian was crushed, but the other guys have served as enough of a distraction so that she was kind of over it. It looks as though he is E.D. Ed in the same cargo shorts he is wearing on the sail boat. Maybe his conscience got the better of him. Maybe Jillian better get rid of him, but before he goes he has some kind of offer for her. He is not the guy for her. He has so much that he is holding back that the stress is getting to him.

She and Reid are adorable together, but she is making me a little nervous when she repeatedly states that they really have nothing in common.
    Reid is a lot like Tanner P in as much as he never has a thought that he doesn't express only Reid's thoughts aren't perverse. Jill would drive the others crazy by constantly asking questions. Reid would keep her well informed so that the questioning would be unnecessary.

I think Ed is humiliated twice. First in the bedroom then at the FRC. Maybe Fleiss will put him on DWTS as a consolation, although from this week's sneak peak Kip looks like he's a good dancer.

Exactly my thoughts. Ed asks to leave , TPTB make him come back (contracual obligations), they tell him: "don't worry your not going to be F1. & Jillian gets the last laugh. (Pretty much like what happened with Graham on Deanna's season.) Guess We'll know soon enough.
    Last edited by JoLena; 07-04-2009 at 02:22 AM. Reason: bolds weren't showing up

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3542402;
    At least there are no girlfriend possibilities mentioned about Reid compared to Ed. I believe the one that can't perform is Ed.
    there is no way that what they are talking about is sexual that would be a new low in Bach historY and I can't imagine that Jillian would have discussed something that personal with Chris in front of a camera, especially when they are all pretty much "mums the word" as to what goes on in the fantasy suites. I believe the word used was "intimacy" so it probably has to do with a person not opening up and discussing their deep innermost feelings - which IMO would be more like Wes and the whole gf issue etc I think after that discussion at dinner their whole relationship cooled.
    I hate to brag but I tried on some earrings that I wore in highschool... and they still fit
    Proud member of the Rose Coloured Glasses Club

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3542397;
    Yes, he did miss the train ride through 1 province in Canada...........a train ride that would of given him lots of opportunities to see Jill, hang out with her, and talk.........he missed a group date, or possibly another one on one date. Plus the fact that he also proved that he isn't there for the committment towards Jill and the process at that time. Yes, he came back but again, that seemed like a setup too.

But people are forgetting that Reid and Kip went into this process committing to it thourally, but obviously Ed DID NOT!

I doubt he missed much time on the train with her. I rememeber reading somewhere on of the ex bachelors (maybe Twilley) posted they are not allowed to talk to the bachelorette when not filming. He may have been able to sneak in a few minutes here and there but we will never know. Even on the group date its not always a sure thing he would get any 1-1 time. Even so how much time is that.

And again just because Kip and Reid were there in body does not mean they were there in spirit. Ed may have been there more for her than them.

Also if it was a set up for him to leave and come back, who is to say it wasn't also set up for him to be F1?

At least there are no girlfriend possibilities mentioned about Reid compared to Ed. I believe the one that can't perform is Ed.

No, but just because no one posted about it doesn't mean he didn't have any. (Not that I believe he has any).
    Last edited by sueb1961; 07-04-2009 at 02:09 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3542269;
    I've commented on their shared looks since epi 2. Whether they knew it consciously or not they were constantly communicating with their eyes. I thought Reid looked a lot like Ryan (when he took Trista on his HTD). Trista also said she fell in love with Ryan on his HTD. So did Jillian. Reid had that same vulnerable look Ryan had on his HTD bec' he was also nervous. We know bec' Reid tells her at the bench. Ryan also told Trista he thought she'd like it there in Coloradom just like Reid said to Jillian "you'll like it here". One stark difference in personalities - Ryan is shy and doesn't talk much, Reid is talkative and a people person. Reid and Jillian have an added bonus - their careers mesh very nicely too.
    I strongly agree with your post. Well said!!!!!!!

FORT Fan

But seriously if Jillian feels a greater connection with Ed than the others guys the HTD's and the time missed is not going to be a deal breaker. Why would it? If she dosen't have a connection with Ed then it's irrelevent also. The only way it had any impact what so ever is if she truly has the same feelings (or lack of) for them all, In my opinion that's highly unlikely.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3542284;
    Exactly and in the HTD the families are encouraged to burry dead birds or other fun things. Maybe Ed's family will have an advantage not having to do that. The point is to meet them anyway. What difference does it make where it is.
    It makes a big difference..........with having visits at the family's house, you get to see more of the family dynamics that can be so important.........having it in the bachelor's home, you get to see the dynamics of that bachelor's daily life...................

When you have it in Hawaii in this case, there is just an empty setting so to speak and it will be very hard to understand all the dynamics that might be involved.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3542306;
    Actually its been done on other reality tv. On Daisy of love on VH-1 one of her favorites leaves on his own too. He also came back this past week and she took him back. And he left because of the drama and cameras etc. It was also done of flav of love. He rejects a lady in like the final 6 or so and brings her back on the f3 and their version of FD. She ends up being f1 who he dumps at the reunion show and proposes to the mother of his youngest child.

I think I watch too much reality tv. No wonder I don't see any reality in them.
    FanOfUnrealTV first posted this:
    Okay, well, to be honest...I didn't see that as an option on this show, and I'd be surprised if the contestants had thought it might be something they could do.

Obviously that poster was referring to this show and not another reality show.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542330;
    I am feeling the exact same thing.I had an opinion and because it was about Ed,I did not feel respected which is really hurtful.
    I understand exactly what you are saying and agree whole-heartedly!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3542419;
    But seriously if Jillian feels a greater connection with Ed than the others guys the HTD's and the time missed is not going to be a deal breaker. Why would it? If she dosen't have a connection with Ed then it's irrelevent also. The only way it had any impact what so ever is if she truly has the same feelings (or lack of) for them all, In my opinion that's highly unlikely.

Exactly, and if it was a huge issue for Jillian I doubt she would have let him come back in the first place