Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3542356;
    Is this snark?
    Nope.No snark just honesty.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3542361;
    As was noted several pages back, one can choose to leave at any time by not accepting the rose. It is always asked as a question 'will you accept this rose?'
    True. However the question has never been "Will you accept this rose? If not, will you decide to come back at a later time so that we can see if this works between us even though I will have more than likely gotten to know the other guys better during your absense?". The leaving is not really the big issue, the returning is.

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3542037;
    Only two girlfriends that we know about. That scamp appears to be so popular with the ladies he might well have more!
    Bingo!

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3542050;
    Actually this is not true. We found out that this would not be possible during Deanna's season. Graham wanted out however he signed a contract and TPTB had the power to make him appear for the RC so that Deanna could "cut" him.

I know that alot of people do not want to think that TPTB really can and sometimes do script, stage and coerce these people into doing things however they can and do. There have been several women from past seasons that have spoken up about what really happens during filming. We even had one of Fleiss "minnions" come forward to do an interview about what really goes on. If TPTB wanted Ed, Wes, Tanner, whoever to leave the show and come back then the guy would do so. If TPTB want to edit someone as a complete jerk then we see a complete jerk on screen. There is very little REAL in this reality show.

Good post ! so true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3542204;
    This whole line of reasoning is truly cracking me up. Let's examine for a moment what Ed missed in his absence--a train ride through Canada and a lot of time sitting on his hands while other folks had HTDs. Some of you are acting like he ditched her after he found out she was pregnant or had cancer. Him leaving when he did not signify any level of commitment or un-commitment (a word? it should be!) to her. It signified only a commitment to his job and a reasonable skepticism that he would be the last man standing in this little show. That's it. And I agree with the poster who said if ANY of the others were faced with this particular conundrum, I would think and hope they would choose the same....and let's not forget the most important thing--HE CAME BACK!!
    Yes, he did miss the train ride through 1 province in Canada...........a train ride that would of given him lots of opportunities to see Jill, hang out with her, and talk.........he missed a group date, or possibly another one on one date. Plus the fact that he also proved that he isn't there for the committment towards Jill and the process at that time. Yes, he came back but again, that seemed like a setup too.

But people are forgetting that Reid and Kip went into this process committing to it thourally, but obviously Ed DID NOT!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542212;
    Honestly I am not entirely convinced that his return wasn't producer influenced.Not trying to start an arguement here,just stating my opinion.I just find it strange that this happened just two episodes prior to the HTD's.How can she truly see if she fits into his life without going to his hometown to see for herself? Having parents come to HI is not the same as her going to his home and seeing if she fits in.
    It's not just because it is Ed that I am saying this.I would say this if any of the guys left "for work" and then returned.I would think a major trust issue would be there.

Everything that I am saying is jmo.
    I agree completely with the bolded section.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3542221;
    And maybe he can't perform because he has a girl friend at home,
    At least there are no girlfriend possibilities mentioned about Reid compared to Ed. I believe the one that can't perform is Ed.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3542402;
    At least there are no girlfriend possibilities mentioned about Reid compared to Ed. I believe the one that can't perform is Ed.

Well that dosen't make sense if he's this huge player.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542236;
    Oh I agree with that.His missing a HTD means that if he does leave at F3 she can say that it is because she lost so much time with him(important time too like the HTD.) That will be her reason if he is cut at F3.
    I agree that he missed important time being the week before the HTD's and at the HTD's as well. Not only that but him leaving allowed him to be in a different mental place regarding the process than the others that stayed with Jill and stood by her as she was figuring things out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3542254;
    She didn't go to Michael's home--he lives in NYC, she went to his parents' home. So really, the HTD's are about meeting the parents, not seeing the place they live to see if they fit in....
    It is about both..............I highly doubt that Ed's family has a house in Hawaii, just like the other bachelors didn't, therefore seeing the family home or their home and city, all matter...........not seeing that but having a family join them in Hawaii is a completely different matter.