Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3542324;
    I do feel that sometimes opinions aren't respected, and that is really too bad.
    I am feeling the exact same thing.I had an opinion and because it was about Ed,I did not feel respected which is really hurtful.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

I see it as a two way street. Sometimes, some posters who are fans of a particular guy (notice I did NOT say all) can get to be too much. I say to everyone, please share your opinions. If others don't like them, I hope they either don't feel the need to respond or skip that post altogether. For the record, I truly appreciate any and all opinions whether others like it or not.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl;3542333;
    I see it as a two way street. Sometimes, some posters who are fans of a particular guy (notice I did NOT say all) can get to be too much. I say to everyone, please share your opinions. If others don't like them, I hope they either don't feel the need to respond or skip that post altogether. For the record, I truly appreciate any and all opinions whether others like it or not.
    Thank you for that.I respect all opinions even if I don't necessarily agree with them.I enjoy hearing the different opinions of others and to everyone that is getting frustrated and not feeling respected I say just keep posting your opinons.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3542130;
    I believe Michael said he 'wanted' to ask, not that he did. I took it to mean him saying 'hey, is that fair to bring Ed back?', not that it would become a legal issue.

I will continue to believe, until something other than rumors and speculation tell me otherwise, that events unfolded pretty much as we saw. Ed had a crisis at work and a big decision to make. Stay on the show and cause damage to his professional career or leave the show, with regrets, which is what he did.

The speculative, but believable, part for me is the producers knew that he was one of Jillian's favorites and when they discussed the situation with him, learned that his business problem was one that could be resolved in a certain period of time, and came up with the scenario that he might return depending upon how things were playing out with their star and the show. They created the hokey farewell scene with him keeping the rose and kept in touch with him while he was in Chicago.

They decided the story line of him returning would be great, Ed was amenable to the idea, ergo, we have drama! If he hadn't returned, the farewell scene would probably have been edited to not include the rose stuff and to have looked much more final. I really don't think it's a legal matter. It's a story line that they create on the run and they play with what they're given.

All Bachelor/ette seasons are because they're dealing with real people and real emotions. Are several of the 'contestants' chosen for the crazy story lines they're likely to get over the course of filming? Of course. Are PI's filmed with loaded questions to round out the video and explain what's going on? Of course. Was Wes a ringer who was looking for publicity? Of course.

Was Ed given special consideration? Probably, but only so far as they saw a dramatic story line developing right before their eyes and they ran with it. I don't think the contracts tell them so much what they have to do although of course there will be some clauses outlining their obligations, but more so that whatever they do can be filmed and TPTB have the right to do whatever they wish with what's been filmed. It's well known that they can literally follow someone into the bathroom and film them there. They can edit and twist the words that came out of their mouth into all style of permutation until they don't even recognize the original statement. But writing in contingencies about a contestant leaving and then coming back? Not so much I don't think.
    Michael's "Is it legal?" Perhaps Michael was thinking in terms of the contract he, himself, signed. Wonder what the wording actually is re if one chooses to leave, etc.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pattycake92;3541957;
    I would think that it was a disaster when Ed left. Kind of like when Graham left. But now that he is back, well maybe there is a happy ending after all. Let's hope so!
    I don't think the happy ending or love story has anything to do with Ed.........more than likely, since he was gone, Jill has connected better with Kip and Reid.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by doubledown;3542322;
    No, you are not one to jump on here and start rumors or cause trouble. You are just one to be on here claiming to know Reid in some capacity, and now claiming to know another "source" with the latest drama. I'm not doubting your acquaintances with these people, I'm just wondering why you would be on here sleuthing rather than avoiding rumors and speculation. If I knew Reid or his family (or had some kind of other connection with him), I would never go on a public forum to discuss it. Sorry.
    Interesting. I posted something very similar a couple of weeks ago when Ed's thread was still open and this poster had a friend who just happened to hear a dj on a Chicago radio station say that Ed had been seen with his girlfriend. Makes you wonder, doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc;3542351;
    I don't think the happy ending or love story has anything to do with Ed.........more than likely, since he was gone, Jill has connected better with Kip and Reid.
    Right.She moved on after he left not knowing that the TPTB would bring him back(or he would ask to come back)They tried to get back to where they were before he left,but imo they just couldn't do that.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542330;
    Quote Originally Posted by coastalbc
    I do feel that sometimes opinions aren't respected, and that is really too bad.
    I am feeling the exact same thing.I had an opinion and because it was about Ed,I did not feel respected which is really hurtful.
    Is this snark?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3541970;
    Just because the other 2 didn't leave does not make them committed to Jillian. They may have left too if their job needed them.; We will never know if they would have made the same decision or not. My bet is Yes they would have. For all we know the Ed is the only one there for Jill. Kip and Reid could be looking to start new careers. People insisted Mel and De had no tv hopes and look at them.
    The fact that the 2 other didn't leave says that they were committed to the process and it really mattered to them. Because it really mattered to them, Jill saw that and it may of opened her up for a deeper connection with them than the one that left. Considering how both Reid and Kip light up around Jill and pay attention to her, I have a hard time believing that they would be there just for starting a new career.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy;3542345;
    Michael's "Is it legal?" Perhaps Michael was thinking in terms of the contract he, himself, signed. Wonder what the wording actually is re if one chooses to leave, etc.
    As was noted several pages back, one can choose to leave at any time by not accepting the rose. It is always asked as a question 'will you accept this rose?'