Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3542112;
    Poor Michael was desperate to stay and thought Ed's return bumped him out the running. I believe he would have said anything to question Ed's return at that moment and losing out on getting the rose. That said, what do the contracts actually say?
    Good question, because, although Michael may have been the only one to say it (if he did) he was certainly not the only one to think it. I'm sure the other guys were wondering whether this wasn't something out-of-bounds...and I'd be shocked if a lot of viewers weren't wondering "Can he DO that?"

I like the guy (in fact, I think she's going to choose him and I think he's a great catch for her), but I was surprised that a contestant could opt out...and then just opt back in when they got around to it. I dunno...it offends my sense of fair play in what is fundamentally a game. If Ed's return is permitted, what's to stop a clever contestant who gets a rose at the first cocktail party from opting to take the rose home...and then asking to return for the FRC when the odds are much, much better.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3542272;
    I like the guy (in fact, I think she's going to choose him and I think he's a great catch for her), but I was surprised that a contestant could opt out...and then just opt back in when they got around to it. I dunno...it offends my sense of fair play in what is fundamentally a game. If Ed's return is permitted, what's to stop a clever contestant who gets a rose at the first cocktail party from opting to take the rose home...and then asking to return for the FRC when the odds are much, much better.
    He didn't just opt back in when he felt like it, he ASKED and WAS GRANTED a second chance. They didn't just bring him back, they said he could come back if Jill wanted it and evidently she did. This argument is really going nowhere as it's a done deal.

And it being a game is true enough, but it's not a true competition. It's not like they win or lose based on a basketball game or even curling. They only "win" if Jill wants them to stay. Sheesh hasn't anyone heard that "it's all fair in love and war"???

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3542270;
    How so? Both of them are totally unrealistic situations with cameras involved. I cannot believe it's so much closer to reality to have it in their town vs in Hawaii. Especially with Ed's parents being divorced, that situation would have had to be manipulated anyway...
    Exactly and in the HTD the families are encouraged to burry dead birds or other fun things. Maybe Ed's family will have an advantage not having to do that. The point is to meet them anyway. What difference does it make where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3542279;
    He didn't just opt back in when he felt like it, he ASKED and WAS GRANTED a second chance.
    Okay, well, to be honest...I didn't see that as an option on this show, and I'd be surprised if the contestants had thought it might be something they could do.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfUnrealTV;3542288;
    Okay, well, to be honest...I didn't see that as an option on this show, and I'd be surprised of most of the contestants had thought it might be something they could do.
    Well, as I stated in another post, just because it's never been done before doesn't make it wrong. Could be that no one ever asked....

No, that's definitely not what I think makes it "wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3542289;
    Well, as I stated in another post, just because it's never been done before doesn't make it wrong. Could be that no one ever asked....

Actually its been done on other reality tv. On Daisy of love on VH-1 one of her favorites leaves on his own too. He also came back this past week and she took him back. And he left because of the drama and cameras etc. It was also done of flav of love. He rejects a lady in like the final 6 or so and brings her back on the f3 and their version of FD. She ends up being f1 who he dumps at the reunion show and proposes to the mother of his youngest child.

I think I watch too much reality tv. No wonder I don't see any reality in them.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lisamill36;3540654;
    No its completely documented. This person sent email to her friend who was on the show. Thats all I can say. Im really not one to jump on here and start rumors or cause trouble. Everything I have shared thus far has been completely dead on. I simple read a post and contacted the poster and we became friendly and she showed me this email. I promised I would not post who the person was so I will not. But this person stated that this was not something that only he was told. It was common knowledge and there were others named that were not into here. Of the 4 left, 3 of the 4 really liked Jillian and yes believe it or not Wes was one of them
    No, you are not one to jump on here and start rumors or cause trouble. You are just one to be on here claiming to know Reid in some capacity, and now claiming to know another "source" with the latest drama. I'm not doubting your acquaintances with these people, I'm just wondering why you would be on here sleuthing rather than avoiding rumors and speculation. If I knew Reid or his family (or had some kind of other connection with him), I would never go on a public forum to discuss it. Sorry.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3541608;
    I actually find most of what has been said about Reid fans all season to be very offensive. They have been dubbed with very inappropriate names and spoken about as a collective group of lunatics. There have also been accusations of them wanting their "guy" to win at any cost. It's not only offensive, it's ridiculous. The Ed fans are most definitely diehard believers in their guy, unwilling to believe any negative info about him could possibly be true. I haven't noticed anyone calling the Ed fans by any collective or inappropriate names. I have also noticed that anyone who analyzes the edit or the people's behavior and thinks that Jillian has a connection with Reid is automatically dubbed a "Reid fan", even though that might totally not be the case. TPTB have certainly done a bang up job with their storyline this season because they have created a fan base for Ed based entirely on the characteristics they have portrayed of him, that has held up in spite of what many consider to be a great deal of evidence that points to him being very different in real life. I guess Ed's charm was all tptb were hoping it would be when they cast him, and it is just that overwhelming for many people---perhaps that explains why he has such a thriving personal life at home.
    I do find it very sad that the Reid "fans" on this board are constantly confronted by the Ed "fans" when it comes to posting. I do feel that sometimes opinions aren't respected, and that is really too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by sueb1961;3542306;
    I think I watch too much reality tv. No wonder I don't see any reality in them.
    Same here. Especially with anything on VH1 or MTV for that matter.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~