Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3542172;
    Something thing tells me it will be the neurotic germaphobe who will be unable to "perform".

And maybe he can't perform because he has a girl friend at home,

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542212;
    Honestly I am not entirely convinced that his return wasn't producer influenced.Not trying to start an arguement here,just stating my opinion.I just find it strange that this happened just two episodes prior to the HTD's.How can she truly see if she fits into his life without going to his hometown to see for herself? Having parents come to HI is not the same as her going to his home and seeing if she fits in.

It's not just because it is Ed that I am saying this.I would say this if any of the guys left "for work" and then returned.I would think a major trust issue would be there.

Everything that I am saying is jmo.
    It does give her an "easy out" with Ed. If he's F3 for WHATEVER reason, she always say that's the reason (he lost too much time with her, she didn't get to have a HTD date) even if it's not.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3542211;
    Anybody who thinks any of these men are going to comment on television about their erectile disfunction so 8 million people can find out and debate it, please raise your hand.

Can we please stop passing it around like a hot potato to the guy we like the least, since it is 99% likely that they are referring to something else entirely?
    ITA! This is not about E.D. There is no way that the cameraman and crew would be allowed in the privacy suite if the couple planned an intimate overnight date, hence that is why they shut the doors! So I don't believe this comment/VO had anything to do with the bedroom scene and rather, the upcoming previews for Monday's show where Jillian's questions Wes about his lack of physical affection in Spain, specifically not kissing her!

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3542222;
    It does give her an "easy out" with Ed. If he's F3 for WHATEVER reason, she always say that's the reason (he lost too much time with her, she didn't get to have a HTD date) even if it's not.
    Oh I agree with that.His missing a HTD means that if he does leave at F3 she can say that it is because she lost so much time with him(important time too like the HTD.) That will be her reason if he is cut at F3.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by stickle;3542130;
    I believe Michael said he 'wanted' to ask, not that he did. I took it to mean him saying 'hey, is that fair to bring Ed back?', not that it would become a legal issue.

I will continue to believe, until something other than rumors and speculation tell me otherwise, that events unfolded pretty much as we saw. Ed had a crisis at work and a big decision to make. Stay on the show and cause damage to his professional career or leave the show, with regrets, which is what he did.

The speculative, but believable, part for me is the producers knew that he was one of Jillian's favorites and when they discussed the situation with him, learned that his business problem was one that could be resolved in a certain period of time, and came up with the scenario that he might return depending upon how things were playing out with their star and the show. They created the hokey farewell scene with him keeping the rose and kept in touch with him while he was in Chicago.

They decided the story line of him returning would be great, Ed was amenable to the idea, ergo, we have drama! If he hadn't returned, the farewell scene would probably have been edited to not include the rose stuff and to have looked much more final. I really don't think it's a legal matter. It's a story line that they create on the run and they play with what they're given.

All Bachelor/ette seasons are because they're dealing with real people and real emotions. Are several of the 'contestants' chosen for the crazy story lines they're likely to get over the course of filming? Of course. Are PI's filmed with loaded questions to round out the video and explain what's going on? Of course. Was Wes a ringer who was looking for publicity? Of course.

Was Ed given special consideration? Probably, but only so far as they saw a dramatic story line developing right before their eyes and they ran with it. I don't think the contracts tell them so much what they have to do although of course there will be some clauses outlining their obligations, but more so that whatever they do can be filmed and TPTB have the right to do whatever they wish with what's been filmed. It's well known that they can literally follow someone into the bathroom and film them there. They can edit and twist the words that came out of their mouth into all style of permutation until they don't even recognize the original statement. But writing in contingencies about a contestant leaving and then coming back? Not so much I don't think.
    Very well said. I totally agree.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542212;
    Honestly I am not entirely convinced that his return wasn't producer influenced.Not trying to start an arguement here,just stating my opinion.I just find it strange that this happened just two episodes prior to the HTD's.How can she truly see if she fits into his life without going to his hometown to see for herself? Having parents come to HI is not the same as her going to his home and seeing if she fits in.

It's not just because it is Ed that I am saying this.I would say this if any of the guys left "for work" and then returned.I would think a major trust issue would be there.

Everything that I am saying is jmo.
    She didn't go to Michael's home--he lives in NYC, she went to his parents' home. So really, the HTD's are about meeting the parents, not seeing the place they live to see if they fit in....

Quote Originally Posted by kygirl93;3542254;
    She didn't go to Michael's home--he lives in NYC, she went to his parents' home. So really, the HTD's are about meeting the parents, not seeing the place they live to see if they fit in....
    Even still she has to see if she fits in with the family.Trying to fit in with the family at the parents house is WAY different than possibly meeting them and trying to fit in with them in HI.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3542211;
    Anybody who thinks any of these men are going to comment on national television about their erectile disfunction so 8 million people can find out and debate it, please raise your hand.

Can we please stop passing it around like a hot potato to the guy we like the least, since it is 99% likely that they are referring to something else entirely?
    100% agreed. I cannot for the life of me believe that this will go down the way they are implying...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Max64;3541336;
    I really liked Reids HTD, I wish we would have seen more of it. Reid looked nervous to me, and I see that as a good sign. To me it means that he is serious about this relationship and was concerned about what his family would think. He wanted them to like her as much as he does. Wasn't it CH that said Jillian was very nervous about his HTD? I liked the conversation Reid had with his father. The expression on Reids face while his dad was talking says it all, IMO It reminded me so much of Jesse and his father talking from DeAnna's season. Oh, and one more thing... What's with the look Jillian and Reid give each other when they're both sitting on the bench and he said "you'll like it here"??? She looked like the cat that ate the canary, it looked like there was some inside joke between them. Anyone notice?
    I've commented on their shared looks since epi 2. Whether they knew it consciously or not they were constantly communicating with their eyes. I thought Reid looked a lot like Ryan (when he took Trista on his HTD). Trista also said she fell in love with Ryan on his HTD. So did Jillian. Reid had that same vulnerable look Ryan had on his HTD bec' he was also nervous. We know bec' Reid tells her at the bench. Ryan also told Trista he thought she'd like it there in Coloradom just like Reid said to Jillian "you'll like it here". One stark difference in personalities - Ryan is shy and doesn't talk much, Reid is talkative and a people person. Reid and Jillian have an added bonus - their careers mesh very nicely too.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542258;
    Even still she has to see if she fits in with the family.Trying to fit in with the family at the parents house is WAY different than possibly meeting them and trying to fit in with them in HI.
    How so? Both of them are totally unrealistic situations with cameras involved. I cannot believe it's so much closer to reality to have it in their town vs in Hawaii. Especially with Ed's parents being divorced, that situation would have had to be manipulated anyway...