Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Could someone please tell me how to upload an avatar from my computer ? TIA !

I don't think things end well for Ed. For reasons we may never know, he left and then he returned. He has a reputation on the boards as someone who is highly intelligent and possibly a player. TPTB like nothing better than to cut people like that down to size. Ed wants to come back .....sure bring him back and we'll have a little fun with him.

Initially Jillian was crushed, but the other guys have served as enough of a distraction so that she was kind of over it. It looks as though he is E.D. Ed in the same cargo shorts he is wearing on the sail boat. Maybe his conscience got the better of him. Maybe Jillian better get rid of him, but before he goes he has some kind of offer for her. He is not the guy for her. He has so much that he is holding back that the stress is getting to him.

She and Reid are adorable together, but she is making me a little nervous when she repeatedly states that they really have nothing in common.
    Reid is a lot like Tanner P in as much as he never has a thought that he doesn't express only Reid's thoughts aren't perverse. Jill would drive the others crazy by constantly asking questions. Reid would keep her well informed so that the questioning would be unnecessary.

I think Ed is humiliated twice. First in the bedroom then at the FRC. Maybe Fleiss will put him on DWTS as a consolation, although from this week's sneak peak Kip looks like he's a good dancer.

Don't drink the KoolAid

Commit random acts of kindness!

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3542163;
    I think Ed is humiliated twice. First in the bedroom then at the FRC. Maybe Fleiss will put him on DWTS as a consolation, although from this week's sneak peak Kip looks like he's a good dancer.
    Something thing tells me it will be the neurotic germaphobe who will be unable to "perform".

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by sclilred1;3542065;
    Technically we don't know that Ed really had to make that choice either. Yes, they told us on the show that he had to. Does it make it true? No, not really. We also saw on Matt's season that he wanted to get married and have kids ASAP because his dear old dad was getting older and wanted to give him grandkids soon. We know that didn't happen because he picked the one woman that had no intention of getting married and having kids any time in the near future.

I understand that viewers want to see a love story come from this show. I really don't understand how anyone can expect one to come from this show when the head producer has made it very loud and clear that to him this show is about drama. This show is about ratings. This show is about money in Fleiss pocket. Fleiss does not care if he gets another Trista/Ryan ending as long as people are watching and advertisers are paying. My husband laughs at the show and says each time it is on "You know this is all fake, why are you watching?!?". I always tell him the same thing. For me it has nothing to do with seeing a love story. It has everything to do with it being a puzzle for me to solve. I try to see where the edit is taking the story. What are TPTB trying to tell us, to get us to believe. Do I expect a "happily ever after"? LOL No!! I know that 9 times out of 10 the couple will split when the required 6 months are up, sometimes they don't even last that long. But it still is a puzzle to try and figure out and one thing that I do love are puzzles.
    This is exactly how I approach this show too. I seldom if ever have chosen a favorite except for once and that was Tessa. Interesting how she has completely dropped off the radar screen. Ever since Deanna this nonsense has become a real puzzle and a challenge. Well, the Shayne show wasn't I guess. I think they are quickly running out of scripts and now it's just a shamble/gamble. Still fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3542056;
    Something that's been bugging me is that Michael states in his Film.com interview that he interrupted CH - or raised his hand - after CH announced that Ed was returning and asked "is that legal?" Which implied to me, that his contract said .. if he opts to leave then there's no turning back.

Why was Ed granted special privleges? Please don't take this as Ed bashing.. as I, even as an ardent Kip supporter, have tried to be a neutral observer and enjoy the antics and angst of the F3 + Jillian as the story has unfolded. I am just genuinely curious as a sleuther..why the implied difference exists?
    No Ed bashing here.

This is my take, I have no basis or anything to back this up, just my take on it. It was obvious to TPTB early on that Jillian and Ed had a thing going. In order to avoid a friggin disaster, Ed had to leave, work related, maybe it was maybe it wasn't. He was told to go home, mid April, go to bars, be seen, telling his friends he really wasn't into Jillian anyway, because we will get you back on the show. Forget the contract, and not talking to anyone, even though you are coming back.

If the poster is credible, in her recounting of Ed being seen in the bars, although she herself, wasn't there, in mid April, his friends kidding with him that he was cut early, his girlfriends, two of them, didn't know he went on the show and I guess they weren't at that bar either, I'm just realizing this now, the g/f not being in the bar. Maybe there were, but if they were would they be talking about the show. Geesh, sleuthing is hard work.

Ok, he even adds a bunch of friends on his Windows Live on April 14th 16th 23rd and May 8th, which I saw post right before my very eyes, on May 7th but it came up as May 8th on the screen, (when he's suppose to be in Spain), but he has to go back to the show, but I think he was already back because he was suppose to be in Spain early May.

He hasn't twittered since Feb 2008, he works for M/Soft, he should be using a M/Soft product, Windows Live. There have been 4 posts since May 18th on windows live wishing him well, three females, one male.

So there you have it, no sign of him since. Mr Invisable or not, you decide.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3542060;
    I think that is a nagging question we all have. Why Ed? Why was he granted this "never before stunt"? Why was he allowed to leave and then RETURN? Last season Graham wanted out, and yet they made him stay..so why let out?

(although why did we have to endure the Shayne show )
    Why not? If they decided they wanted to be freer with the contracts or whatever then why not him? I mean, seriously folks, NONE OF US knows what his contract said. There is no reason to believe that everyone's contract is exactly the same. Why not????? Just because it's never been done before doesn't mean they can't change the game.

FORT Fan

Originally Posted by coastalbc View Post
    I do believe that all 3 of the final guys have responsible careers.......only one of the final 3 decided that his career meant more to him than the girl that he was trying to woo. That one guy went back to his life while the other 2 guys stuck it out and stood by Jill through everything..............to me, that says a lot..........they would be extremely committed to their spouse and making their relationship work...........the other guy is more interested in his career than a prospective spouse. IMO
    This whole line of reasoning is truly cracking me up. Let's examine for a moment what Ed missed in his absence--a train ride through Canada and a lot of time sitting on his hands while other folks had HTDs. Some of you are acting like he ditched her after he found out she was pregnant or had cancer. Him leaving when he did not signify any level of commitment or un-commitment (a word? it should be!) to her. It signified only a commitment to his job and a reasonable skepticism that he would be the last man standing in this little show. That's it. And I agree with the poster who said if ANY of the others were faced with this particular conundrum, I would think and hope they would choose the same....and let's not forget the most important thing--HE CAME BACK!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal;3542172;
    Something thing tells me it will be the neurotic germaphobe who will be unable to "perform".
    Anybody who thinks any of these men are going to comment on national television about their erectile disfunction so 8 million people can find out and debate it, please raise your hand.

Can we please stop passing it around like a hot potato to the guy we like the least, since it is 99% likely that they are referring to something else entirely?
    Last edited by ironcat; 07-03-2009 at 11:35 PM.

Honestly I am not entirely convinced that his return wasn't producer influenced.Not trying to start an arguement here,just stating my opinion.I just find it strange that this happened just two episodes prior to the HTD's.How can she truly see if she fits into his life without going to his hometown to see for herself? Having parents come to HI is not the same as her going to his home and seeing if she fits in.

It's not just because it is Ed that I am saying this.I would say this if any of the guys left "for work" and then returned.I would think a major trust issue would be there.

Everything that I am saying is jmo.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3542212;
    Honestly I am not entirely convinced that his return wasn't producer influenced.Not trying to start an arguement here,just stating my opinion.I just find it strange that this happened just two episodes prior to the HTD's.How can she truly see if she fits into his life without going to his hometown to see for herself? Having parents come to HI is not the same as her going to his home and seeing if she fits in.

It's not just because it is Ed that I am saying this.I would say this if any of the guys left "for work" and then returned.I would think a major trust issue would be there.

Everything that I am saying is jmo.
    A lot of times the bachelor or bachelorette goes to the parents home and do not get to see where they really live anyway. If his parents are in hawaii and she seems to fit in with them personality wise, then I don't see that as a problem. She wasn't going to go to Chicago anyway, his parents live in Michigan.