Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;3536199;
    I also have a question to this "sdl".....

Was Ed's mother also in this "plot" by Ed the TPTB? Her comments regarding Ed being on the job only 5 months, and she admired that he left to take care of business...seems she knew about how hard the decision was for him.

I love my son, but don't know if I would lie to everyone in my comments regarding my son's intentions on the show.
    It is just not common for anyone that is relatively new to a job.... can get 6 or more weeks off just for something unimportant like a reality show. The only way I can see it....is that we have to surmise that Ed does have his own business.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by BachNoFoolMe;3536430;
    It is just not common for anyone that is relatively new to a job.... can get 6 or more weeks off just for something unimportant like a reality show. The only way I can see it....is that we have to surmise that Ed does have his own business.
    exactly! That is why I believe not a word of this story about him having to leave for his employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3536158;
    Your boyfriend is going on a show where he is going to kiss the lead every single chance he gets. In fact, if he can finagle his way into the Fantasy Suite, your boyfriend is hoping he gets to do even more fantasy type things.

Therefore, once your boyfriend leaves you to go on national tv to kiss and romance this other girl with the intention of trying to win her in the end, once he has embarrassed you in front of family, friends, and business associates, why would you still consider him your boyfriend - let alone entertain the idea of waiting on him?
    Thank you Bloomers for letting me save some bandwidth on FORT.

The only way I can see it....is that we have to surmise that Ed does have his own business.
    Then how come we never heard that he has his own business? I find that really odd.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

Thanks to sdl for all the information. Boy what a mess of a season. Not 1 but 2 of Jillian's favorites tied to other women whether by pining (Wes) or playing (Ed). Jake seems like a guy who thinks in very rigid categories and someone who's very easy manipulable so I'd guess the producers didn't have a hard time convincing him to come back and talk Laurel. Wes's unconvincing demeanor is also well explained by the idea that he's got it bad for Laurel but wasn't actually dating her at the time. Maybe he was hoping to get over Laurel through this experience.

It's very interesting to see that Wes is getting the edit that arguably both he and Ed deserve. It's easier to pin it on the would-be entertainer though. I'd always wondered why Tanner P. was referring to guys with girlfriends. I guess this is why.

Speaking of Tanner IMO I still think he got the worst edit of anybody because there was nothing shown of his personality other than "foot fetish" and mancode breaker. But I'd guess he might be one of the non top 4 who received some kind of compensation to stick around?

I still don't rule Ed out as F1. The scoop we're getting from sdl, Bloomers, etc. just gives some insight as to why it might not work out if he is. With all this mess I'd be surprised if anything real came out of this trainwreck of a season. The producers really knew how to work Jillian's insecurities and a bunch of the guys' weaknesses (for other women, etc.) to make for drama but certainly not the circumstances that'll lead to a F1 who reflects Jillian's taste AND some actual emotional growth from her through this process.

FORT Fogey

Thanks sdl for all the info. sdl is a good guy and provides very accurate info. He definitely has an in and has been forthcoming and honest about that. Besides TB he was spot on in regards to DWTS.

lpb
    FORT Newbie

based on a conversation i had last week, i know for a fact that Ed does work for Microsoft. can't confirm he worked for them while the show was taping but he does right now.

The HTDs are always staged, to a degree, but I felt that virtually every cell of last night's film was directed. And at least some of the previous season's stagings have been more humorous. Think Lanny's HTD. A tv classic!
    Finally watched episode 8. Totally fake and manipulated IMO, even beyond what I as a Bona Fide Cynic (about the show) expect. I didn't see a glimmer of anything real with her and Ed (alas, I think he's appealing on TV, but seems to be a C-A-D in real life) in any of those scenes. Kiptyn's relationship has no depth. Reid was as cute as always. Maybe he'll win, that would be a relief.
    bamabrain and jlccaz you are articulate as always. The show didnt used to be so completely scripted. It used to be funny, light hearted, sometimes poignant and often entertaining on it's own. And we used to actually learn some things about the contestants on these HT visits. Think back not only to Lanny's HTD, but Ian's (scorching hot), Jen Schefft's comments about "Thailand, Thailand, Thailand", Byron speaking Spanish to Mary's parents, Jerry signing for his mom, or Jesse Palmer and the dad with the shotgun.

Honestly , you dont need fake! drama! or contrived confrontations. The family visits are usually pretty entertaining on their own.
    Last edited by pajamasam; 06-30-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lpb;3536445;
    based on a conversation i had last week, i know for a fact that Ed does work for Microsoft. can't confirm he worked for them while the show was taping but he does right now.
    as in he's an actual employee, or contractor who works for them?

Quote Originally Posted by KashatheDiva;3536423;
    That's my girl!
    I was wondering how many episodes would get you to this point!
    Aw, Kasha, let her put her little LUV plant under Hawaii's UV rays and see if it can grow a little bit more. She can water it with Jake's tears from last night's balcony scene.

At least Shayne's "Welcome to my set" was snarky and meta-fictive. This season, what chaps my behind is that Fleiss is putting it out there as serious stuff. When Ed "returned," he and Jillian were stifling back the laughter. Aw, don't get me started again. I'm looking forward to the brilliant five last minutes of a really dumb season.