Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by saska;3525417;
    I wish that were true, I'msotired. Sadly, it's not. This is Luvvy's post #2949 from the Ed**Spoilers** thread:
    "You try to make it sound like it's so simple, but it isn't. To throw away your job in this economy for a chance at love sounds noble, but it isn't practical. Besides, he comes back for her, so maybe he feels more strongly about Jillian than the Reidtards give him credit for."

I was surprised and disappointed to read something that offensive here. I don't understand getting so worked up by a tv show that you feel the need to resort to namecalling.
    saska,
    Gosh I didn't even read this! Some people just get way too involved with this show to the point where they put down posters who don't agree with their point of view.It's rude and disrespectful.
    "I need to stop talking about shoes before I get tabbed to judge some gay fashion show, or get a call from Tanner to hang out." sdl

I wish that were true, I'msotired. Sadly, it's not. This is Luvvy's post #2949 from the Ed**Spoilers** thread:
    "You try to make it sound like it's so simple, but it isn't. To throw away your job in this economy for a chance at love sounds noble, but it isn't practical. Besides, he comes back for her, so maybe he feels more strongly about Jillian than the Reidtards give him credit for."

I was surprised and disappointed to read something that offensive here. I don't understand getting so worked up by a tv show that you feel the need to resort to namecalling.
    that one was directed at me

Quote Originally Posted by misscanuck28;3525492;
    Yup! She was shopping at Pacific Centre Mall in Downtown.
    can you tell your friend next time she sees Jill to tell her she better have picked Reid, or else she'll make lots of us really sad!!?

(just kidding, mods...)

I don't know that the poster meant to be insulting (I hope not), but I think of the F3, Reid is the one whose personality is the most fleshed out and unique, and either you "get" him or you don't. For those of us who do, everything about him is adorable, even (and maybe especially) his neuroses, and perhaps it causes a bit of unintended resentment in those on the other side of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3525545;
    I don't know that the poster meant to be insulting (I hope not), but I think of the F3, Reid is the one whose personality is the most fleshed out and unique, and either you "get" him or you don't. For those of us who do, everything about him is adorable, even (and maybe especially) his neuroses, and perhaps it causes a bit of unintended resentment in those on the other side of the equation.
    I totally get you point. I find his honesty about his flaws (which I personally don't think they are) very very refreshing, and I think it shows how mature he is and how comfortable he is with himself AND Jillian that he is openly discussing them. I also LOVE his quick sense of humor, he's definitley IMHO the most interesting out of the bunch.

Reid is totally the "Chandler"-type someone had mentioned here a few pages back. And on Friend you got to love him. And After years Monica fell in love with him quirks adn all.

Now well I think think REid is A lot MORE suave and of course less cartoonish than Chandler(they had to make him a TV character after all and Reid is a real guy). It is totally a you either can fall in love with him forever and the personalities "fit" or they don't and it's like that with everyone for crying out loud!!!

All the guys have qualities that could drive the wrong person crazy. But Jillian just has to figure out which one will be the one that she can put up with and love for as long as possible.. we hope that is forever for her and her F1 but I hope it' sonly as long as they are happy.

Anyway.... now I have no idea where I was...ha ha.

OK now call me wacky but I am totally enjoying Jillian's season. Maybe it has to do with Jillian more than all the chaos that Fleiss has created around her. But actually in some sick/weird way I am enjoying that too!

Jillian is hands down my fave B'ette yet. I liked Trista. Did like Meredith some, but thought she was a bit reserved for my taste. DeAnna, she rubbed me the wrong way. Jen I loved on the Bachelor but you could tell she did not want to be on the B'ette therefore her season was very boring. So far I am throughly enjoying Jillian's season the craziness and all!!! I'll take the Revolving door actually any day over a DeAnna dramafest or Jen blahfest. At least OUr leading lady is real and the guys seem to want her at all costs(even if it is shady or scripted - who cares it's good TV and this is my one huge guilty pleasure)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Taddy77;3525785;
    who cares it's good TV and this is my one huge guilty pleasure)[/I]

Only one?

I also have American Idol, Big Brother, Dancing with the Stars, So You Think You Can Dance...

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3522207;
    Given that most of these guys were cast with Melissa in mind and only 5 were added with Jillian in mind, and given that there are two very exotic filming locales (not in easy flying distance of each other), and given the long and somewhat odd filming schedule (bumping up against the airing of the show), I'm not rejecting this scenario.

I really think that Jillian was probably indecisive (and who wouldn't be?) and overwhelmed by all of the options presented by TPTB to encourage/coerce her to a choice. I'm not convinced that she ever made the choice to accept a proposal, but I do think something "brilliant" happens to change what she thought was going to occur. I find that adjective interesting. The word was probably said in a British way (i.e. "wonderful"), but I can't also help think of it in manipulative terms as applying to TPTB's machinations. Maybe TPTB are the ones who presented her with a proposal of sorts, a solution to her problem, a deus ex machina, as it were?

I know that there are three separate threads voraciously presenting Jillian love stories with Kip, Reid, and Ed, but I've seen her cry at the RCs way more than laugh. I know that anyone who has a heart would be anguished when letting decent guys go, but my "read" on her anguish is that she's sad for herself as well. So I do hope she's happy and laughing at the finale--at least the last five minutes.

Wouldn't it be a kicker if Fleiss presents us with the surprise of a sad, rather than happy, ending? A no-holds-barred tear-jerker that makes no pretense of her being happy? Uh oh, don't feed this last comment to the boss, minions!
    Heck, maybe all 3 guys present her a ring all at the same time! And she says yes to seeing all three in the real world...Just kidding! Who knows?
    Last edited by CaFan; 06-25-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Off Topic: TMZ is reporting that Michael Jackson just died....
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.