Page 16 of 1348 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526661165161016 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by longhornalum;3450161;
    I'm thinking he looks like he could be Jillian's brother.
    I do have a theory that all good couples resemble each other

Maybe you're on to something there !!

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3450057;
    I am brand new to this... agree that the series and the sleuthing is fun... I realize it's all speculation but does anyone know WHY the producers didn't tweak the casting to incude some Canadian contestants for Jill, once she was confirmed? Although , come to think of it, as I look out my central-Alberta window at the snow falling on my lawn in +2C degrees (36F south of the border), maybe the mystery is solved..... who'd have the courage to tie themselves to this crazy climate, even for "love"! Looking forward to reading more, thanks

Yeah another Canuck!
    The lack of Canadian men has been a mystery, one I would like to know the answer as well. It may just be no men up here were interested in being in a reality show of this nature.
    About moving to Canada- It would take a lot less than love to get me to move to Vancouver! How about you?!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

A couple of things I'm confused about...some think Fliess is trying to throw us off on the filming, some say it's finished, the interview with Jillian says otherwise. In any event, what difference would it make in the long run to us if filming is still ongoing? Even if filming doesn't end until the end of May, that's still almost two months before the finale airs. Another thing, it was said that Fleiss wouldn't keep a crew in Hawaii this long because of budget constraints, but there are trips to both Spain and Hawaii, not to mention Whistler and Banff, which are by no means inexpensive. I would think he'd keep most of the things local with only one location for FD and FRC if the budget was an issue.
    Another thing I have always heard is that Fleiss doesn't care about the sleuthers, as we represent only a small percentage of the viewers, so why would he be trying to throw us off?
    The only reason I can think of for the extended stay in Hawaii is if Jillian needed more time, or that Jillian chose her F1 and they wanted to monitor the couple more closely and see how the relationship is going before they do a lot of editing. Do they really want or need a fiasco like last season? It was good for ratings, but maybe not for longevity of the show, as many viewers were disgusted at the outcome.
    Right now, I'm taking their words literally, that filming is still ongoing because I just don't see a reason for them to lie. Keeping them in Hawaii together is much better for the relationship than planning rendevous trips which aren't cheap either. Haven't most of the couples cited the lack of time together afterwards as a main reason the relationship didn't work?

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3450349;

Yeah another Canuck!
    The lack of Canadian men has been a mystery, one I would like to know the answer as well. It may just be no men up here were interested in being in a reality show of this nature.
    About moving to Canada- It would take a lot less than love to get me to move to Vancouver! How about you?!
    Vancouver is a gorgeous setting... very high cost of living, though... I understand some filming was done there, so it will be great to see. 6 months of winter...... would surely separate any "wimps" from the "best friend"....seriously, I admire Jill's take on this...... speaking from 20+ years with the best friend/husband God ever made. I'm with all of you who'd love to see TPTB have the courage to risk delivering a genuine, clean love-story... ratings may surprise them. But I'm dreaming, no doubt...that's how new I am to all this, still shivering on the northern prairie! Have a great evening.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3450946;
    I'm with all of you who'd love to see TPTB have the courage to risk delivering a genuine, clean love-story... ratings may surprise them.
    I agree. They think all people want is drama. But if that were the case, then why did 26 million people watch Trista and Ryan's wedding?

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3450952;
    I agree. They think all people want is drama. But if that were the case, then why did 26 million people watch Trista and Ryan's wedding?
    Exactly... that's fascinating about this show... it reinforces to me that drama and 'hot bod's' are only that deep, but compassion and integrity need to be sought, learned, and treasured.... how awesome would another B/B'tte wedding be, based on that... true ratings!!

In the 'kind face' department, and not knowing anything about them from the sleuthing threads, I thought Adam, Brian, and Ed stood out... what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by MayJ;3451075;
    Exactly... that's fascinating about this show... it reinforces to me that drama and 'hot bod's' are only that deep, but compassion and integrity need to be sought, learned, and treasured.... how awesome would another B/B'tte wedding be, based on that... true ratings!!

In the 'kind face' department, and not knowing anything about them from the sleuthing threads, I thought Adam, Brian, and Ed stood out... what do you think?

For me it was immediatley Ed. Something about him caught my eye.

Premium Member

We need all of you to please read the updated stickied thread regarding personal contact with reality show contestants and their families. Thanks!

http://www.fansofrealitytv.com/forum...formation.html

Anyone watch the Cougar? Man, i think Jillian needs these guys to be totally into her like these guys are, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by deidre1985;3451804;
    Anyone watch the Cougar? Man, i think Jillian needs these guys to be totally into her like these guys are, haha!
    i have watched some of it..but i am not too fond of it..I feel like i am watching a grown woman who had children too early in her life and now she wants to relive her child hood...then i saw previews from this weeks upcoming episode and she is the same age as some of the mothers..omg..i would be humilated...as for the guys into her...I don't think so..they are putting on a good show so they can brag to their friends that they landed a 'cougar'..lol..i have a 20 yr old son and him and his friends have said many times guys that young try to bag the older woman for bragging rights and they look for ones that have money and are lonely so they can have someone support them
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!