Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

I'm not very familiar with twitter, but couldn't anyone access this if he asked them too? If he needed to post something via twitter, is it possible to have an assistant do it for him? It was all work related. As far as we know, no one has actually seen Reid, but they have seen Kip. I would think that they were told to "resurface" if they choose too by the 28th so no one would know. The thing I find odd is why has their been no activity from Ed? I would think he would have been gone long enough from work, that he would have some activitiy. Unless he choose not too.... The fact that both Reid and Kip "resurfaced basically at the same time, makes me think more that they are the F2

Quote Originally Posted by tenngal;3487261;
    If I remember correctly in an interview that Jillian did she said that she was not completely cutoff until towards the end so it is possible for some kind of contact with others.
    Jillian was in contact with her mother thru out the show - I doubt she was in contact with anyone else
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Given Jillian's line of questioning about past relationships, what do we know about:
    1. How many times Jillian has been in love?
    2. How many times Jillian has been the heartbreaker / dumper?
    3. How many times Jillian has been the one heartbroken / dumpee?
    4. What Jillian considers her "magic" number of times in love before someone is ready to be in a more serious, long-term relationship?
    5. What Jillian considers a reasonable amount of time to have been in a relationship before breaking up?

Quote Originally Posted by moflan;3487557;
    Given Jillian's line of questioning about past relationships, what do we know about:
    1. How many times Jillian has been in love?
    2. How many times Jillian has been the heartbreaker / dumper?
    3. How many times Jillian has been the one heartbroken / dumpee?
    4. What Jillian considers her "magic" number of times in love before someone is ready to be in a more serious, long-term relationship?
    5. What Jillian considers a reasonable amount of time to have been in a relationship before breaking up?
    Maybe if they'd edit in any of the guy's conversations with Jillian that don't solely involve them asking "am I going to get the rose" we'll actually get to find out the answers to those questions. Or maybe none of them asked.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook

So here's something that bugs me. I don't know if it's a Bachelor/ette thing that is done for the cameras or if it is more likely to happen when the woman is petite (which I definitely am not), but what is up with running to be in someone's arms when you see them and then being twirled around?

I noticed it on Jason's season on the HTD and the previews of this season show Jillian and her date running to embrace, as well. Seems like an over-the-top greeting to me given the brief amount of time they've actually spent with one another. If it's a producer-driven thing, I wonder how many times they have to re-record until they get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by tenngal;3487261;
    If I remember correctly in an interview that Jillian did she said that she was not completely cutoff until towards the end so it is possible for some kind of contact with others.

You know, I seem to remember an interview with someone -- maybe Molly. I think she said that she was told that she had to remain in New Zealand until she collected herself and didn't appear distraught. If people had seen her crying on a plane leaving New Zealand (and all the way home to Michigan), the sleuthers would have heard about it (because the show was already airing I think?) So, I think Molly said there was no specific date or day that she had to leave by....it was up to her and when she felt "ready." I think they also had a counselor there to help with anything that she wanted to talk about.

Now granted, these are men and they probably are not as outwardly emotional but you can certainly tell a happy man from a disappointed man. So, it's frustrating that both Kip and Reid surfaced about the same time (Kip -- a visual surface; Reid -- a Twitter surface). Even if they surfaced about the same time, who knows when one guy decided to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3487584;
    You know, I seem to remember an interview with someone -- maybe Molly. I think she said that she was told that she had to remain in New Zealand until she collected herself and didn't appear distraught. If people had seen her crying on a plane leaving New Zealand (and all the way home to Michigan), the sleuthers would have heard about it (because the show was already airing I think?) So, I think Molly said there was no specific date or day that she had to leave by....it was up to her and when she felt "ready." I think they also had a counselor there to help with anything that she wanted to talk about.

Now granted, these are men and they probably are not as outwardly emotional but you can certainly tell a happy man from a disappointed man. So, it's frustrating that both Kip and Reid surfaced about the same time (Kip -- a visual surface; Reid -- a Twitter surface). Even if they surfaced about the same time, who knows when one guy decided to leave.

Also with just Reid being on Twitter he could have been anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook;3487575;
    Maybe if they'd edit in any of the guy's conversations with Jillian that don't solely involve them asking "am I going to get the rose" we'll actually get to find out the answers to those questions. Or maybe none of them asked.
    I didn't know if Jillian's ever been asked in any of her media interviews. Who knows what type of questions or answers are given or even how much real conversation takes place.

I just think she has her own "test" of what she thinks is the right answer. However, whatever she's used in the past has clearly not been working for her. I just don't understand why/how she keeps 25 year olds around if real heartbreak relationships are part of her "test".

Quote Originally Posted by tenngal;3487589;
    Also with just Reid being on Twitter he could have been anywhere.
    True, but I don't think they are allowed to bring their personal computers with them. Cell phones are allowed but they likely have to be dropped at the door. I think they are sequestered to the fullest extent. So, I'm skeptical about whether they'd allow him to even bring a personal computer if he wasn't going to be able to use it the entire time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 1blue1pink;3487595;
    True, but I don't think they are allowed to bring their personal computers with them. Cell phones are allowed but they likely have to be dropped at the door. I think they are sequestered to the fullest extent. So, I'm skeptical about whether they'd allow him to even bring a personal computer if he wasn't going to be able to use it the entire time anyway.
    I was just thinking that even if he didn't have his own computer most hotels have a computer that can be used by guests. If it was something that he felt he need to put out there after having been gone from his job for so long he could have posted it from anywhere. I don't know I think I am grasping at straws at this point.