Page 1348 of 1348 FirstFirst ... 3488481248129813381339134013411342134313441345134613471348
Results 13,471 to 13,480 of 13480

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sara23;3578686;
    If Ed supposedly had a sexual problem, then how are we to believe the rumors of him telling his girlfriend back in Chicago when she asked him if he slept with Jillian and he replied yes but so did the other guys?!?!?

imo, Ed has absolutely no sexual problem, he was just "punked" by tptb. I wonder why? I think we've pretty much discussed our feelings on this and can agree to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3578829;
    While Kip would be my pick for me, not sure that he and Jillian are on the same page. You shouldn't have to try to find flaws in a guy so that you feel like you deserve him. I would be shocked if Kip is her pick in the end. Obviously, the spoilers told us otherwise, but frankly, based on what I saw on the screen, I expected him to go home on Monday. For two weeks running, they've pared down his screen time and focused mostly on Ed and to a lesser degree, Reid.

Until Ed had the bedroom meltdown, I assumed he was F1 based on the last 2shows and I think she was devastated that they didn't have the "magic" in that area. I assumed she'd give Reid a few more days to see if he could find the words she wanted to hear. I could see cutting him if it was the last day and she had to make a final pick but I don't understand why he didn't get more time. So, this leads me to believe the end is all scripted for maximum drama.
    Well said, I couldn't have said this better myself! You and I are on the same page. =)

Quote Originally Posted by girlsmom;3578835;
    imo, Ed has absolutely no sexual problem, he was just "punked" by tptb. I wonder why? I think we've pretty much discussed our feelings on this and can agree to disagree.
    Maybe they originally had the voiceover of Jillian saying "the romance just wasn't there" and after Ed became a pain in the butt to the production staff..they decided to "get even" We all know Fleiss' idea of romance is certianly different than most...

So maybe when Jillian said there was no romance..she simply meant that there was no real connection when they were alone, and TPTB decided to get Ed by giving it a different meaning

hey reid fans (i am swiss) do any of you think that the love we see could be the love friendship kind? i had a close male friend in hs and we were very compatible yet the piece that is hard to describe that pulls couples together was missing. i loved him we hung out all the time and from the outside people might have thought we were a great match. but i was not in love with him.
    Last edited by noche1; 07-16-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: forgot i

Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3578801;
    I just now finally got the courage to watch Edís date with Jillian in the last episode and I thought the parents were fine and I think Ed kind of look like his dad somewhat. They seem like nice people but I am just not feeling Ed @ all. He just rubs me off negatively, how sad is that when I donít even know him but on TV. Let me say upfront that I have been a staunch Reid fan since day one when he acted like he didnít want the rose from Jillian Ė that caught my attention.
    I really think Jillian thought Ed was it @ the beginning because Ed fit her ďtypeĒ and Ed had lots of fans after their 1 on 1. But Ed was never really excited to get the roses, just go back and watch him receiving roses from Jillian. There was one he even said ďoh okĒ (way to show interest).The very first time he gave her a somewhat full hug was when he came back and even that was eh. For the fact that Jillian felt the need to always say that heís exactly my type means to me that she was trying way too hard. I think Ed wanted to leave, he didnít think heíll get that far and secondly I donít think he really was that into Jillian or maybe he was but I just didnít see it. He told the producers and they ran with it staging urgent work need and the return. Ed was a nice young man before he left from what we saw, I think because he was accepted back, he became Ed the cocky dude, again this is how they decided to portray him. Even before Ed left his edit was not perfect- that honor goes to Kip. I donít know if Jillian will pick Ed, but I have this gut feeling that it wonít be happening not after what happened in the last episode. Ed says one thing and his actions shows another, otherwise while would he profess his love and yet when it was time to show some romance, he couldnít get it together. Ed maybe telling the truth about his love for Jillian but he sure does have a strange way of showing it Ė by falling asleep on her.
    Kipís actions are exactly his words Ė he says he will not be ready to propose @ the end and his actions show that. Heís a neat guy but I just donít see anything between Kip and Jillian. Thereís no excitement to watch their date. Funny, the dates are always action packed but yet dull, I am not sure why that is. They never really gave them much alone time on their dates and when they alone, itís just awkward- you can hardly hear what heís saying and Jillian is just so tense-itís like a first date every time they are together. Jillian maybe in awe of him so not Kipís fault. Their best date together was the 1 on 1. But if Jillian chooses Kip, then maybe we didnít see what she saw.
    Now when Jillian is with Reid, they are always touching, kissing, smiling, arguing about one thing or the other that occurred that we were not privy to. It seems so natural itís like they forget the cameras are even there. Jillian teases Reid and he comes back right @ her. Thereís no tension and a lot of us noticed this right off even before his 1 on 1, but now it looks like the general public has also come to that conclusion I believe. Reid may not be ones favorite guy but thereís no denying the fact that thereís easy chemistry between these two. And Jillian her self mentioned that sheís herself when sheís with Reid and to think we only just found out that she does indeed have a pet name for him Ė Honey Bear Ė how cute is that!
    Now, if I have to go into all the reasons why I think Reid would be the last man standing, this will be a very long post. I think we all know why but most notable is the fact that she has said that she threw her list of her ideal man away; we know that Ed matches her list to T and Reid matches most of if not all of the things she mentions in her interviews. But if it ends up that Jillian falls harder for either Kip or Ed, not only would she have changed her mind about what she really wanted in a mate but it maybe that she really cared more for them.

I agree with you on most of your points.

- Ed before he left was a normal guy. His conversations with Jillian seem natural and real. He seemed at ease too. He is a guy that looked great on paper from her eyes.

- Ed after returning. His character changed and so did the conversations, his tone and demeaner. He seemed robotic, tense and his communication topics came off as unnatural for him.

- Kip. He is the guy with the blue suit holding a ring. It would be interesting if he actually proposes or will Jillian just let him go. In other words, let's not pull a Jason getting down on one knew for De.

- Reid. agree with your assessment, real, natural, honest feelings, easy flow and "effortless"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3578031;
    What I find interesting is that even after Jillian let Wes go .... she was still saying in her interviews not to worry because she has her head on straight. So who do you think she is referring to now? Ed or Kip or Reid.
    no way! i must have missed something... what interviews are you referring to?i never put too much thought into that comment because i just assumed it was about wes... but this could be very good news for reid fans

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3578845;
    Maybe they originally had the voiceover of Jillian saying "the romance just wasn't there" and after Ed became a pain in the butt to the production staff..they decided to "get even" We all know Fleiss' idea of romance is certianly different than most...

So maybe when Jillian said there was no romance..she simply meant that there was no real connection when they were alone, and TPTB decided to get Ed by giving it a different meaning
    EXACTLYL my thought. TPTB punked him. Was it just for ratings or a grudge or to just turn the fans off to accept another as F1? No need to answer, we all would have different answers to this question.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by SecretGarden;3577028;
    But if she felt so strongly about Reid, then why not take him to the F2 so that he can have another opportunity to verbalize his true feelings. That way, even if he doesn't, she could go with her second favorite (Kiptyn?) instead.
    OMG, SecretGarden, you just keep pointing out the obvious and it just keeps getting swept aside. If Jillian felt the most for Reid at the F3 cut, she would have kept him. There was still time. But she felt more for the other two. You don't send away the one you care for the most for any reason if you're really looking for a lasting relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3578894;
    OMG, SecretGarden, you just keep pointing out the obvious and it just keeps getting swept aside. If Jillian felt the most for Reid at the F3 cut, she would have kept him. There was still time. But she felt more for the other two. You don't send away the one you care for the most for any reason if you're really looking for a lasting relationship.
    ITA! I love Jillian but i'll never understand why she would let Reid go if she was feeling more for him than the other two. She could have given Reid the chance to meet her family and get that last chance date to see if he would open up the way she wanted him to but she let him go. She really should have let Kip go on Monday, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx;3578894;

In the real world I would agree with you, but the is MF's world and manipulations are not uncommon. Now that would be my reasoning, others could disagree.