Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Sara23;3578686;
    If Ed supposedly had a sexual problem, then how are we to believe the rumors of him telling his girlfriend back in Chicago when she asked him if he slept with Jillian and he replied yes but so did the other guys?!?!?
    I don't think of it that way. Like she said, 'the romance just wasn't there'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3578661;
    Not that Ed doesn't deserve some of what he is getting , but he doesn't deserve that one!! He was wiping sweat off his face with his arm the same way you would do outside in the heat.
    IA. Exactly what I thought when I saw that picture. There's a picture of the candles - flame perfectly straight - so no air conditioning on and no windows open = heat, heat, heat - just not the type people were thinking was going to develop due to the actual heat
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

FORT Newbie

As much as people are dogging Ed the opposite it true with Reid - and don't get me wrong I like both and I feel she probably should have picked Reid. But as far as Ed can do nothing right in the eyes of most FORT viewers, Reid can do no wrong. In fact Ed seems to be guilty of some of the antics that Reid is praised for.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3578572;
    How would we know that? Someone who is commited and shows it by his actions and deeds, i.e. helping Stage IV cancer patients and homeless kids - isn't exactly an emotional lightweight if you ask me.
    Sorry if you took what I said as something negative, it wasn't meant as such.

[QUOTE=simplyfine;3578673;]
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3578607;

I don't buy that Reid was just there for the adventure. He was 'in the market' for a girlfriend last fall according to several posters and was said to be very picky. Jillian knew this too and expressed it to his brothers while on his HTD. Reid's perspective though is really healthy. He wasn't there to 'make something happen' if it wasn't meant to happen. He was there to get to know Jill as a person and I think he succeeded in doing that really well. I do think he was surprised by how quickly feelings were developing for Jill and as we've all seen, had a hard time expressing it.

BUT... as several posters have noted, his love language is clearly 'touch', and he made it abundantly clear to Jill that he was VERY into her. But she needed the verbal affirmation. I can see why given the time constraints- the crazy circumstance.

I may be projecting but his achilles heal is that he's REIDICULOUSLY ANALYTICAL... he's a contemplative. He think things to death before he acts on them. And it's cost him in this case. But (my guess is) once he makes the jump to DECIDING that YES, he is in love with her, he'll have no problem expressing it- now and as their relationship continues to develop.

JMO... I hope in the stress of that situation that Jill can give him that second chance. I trust that she made the best decision for her.
    Great post...Your description of Reid is exactly what I was thinking as well.
    In theory, if Jililan really loves Reid the most, she would accept him back and be happy with him telling him how he really feels and go for a relationship in the real world. Those last five minutes can't get here soon enough!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brittyiswitty;3578654;
    I believe at Whistler Jillian realize she has fallen in love with no one and just decide to finish the show.

Her head screwed on straight to me means - In the end I chose NOONE
    She has let it slip that she chooses someone, though. In an interview with Chicago radio, she was talking about how the viewers will probably question her sanity throughout the process, but that "in the end, I chose a remarkable person... errr, I mean I made a remarkable decision"). It was a sincere fumble. Very telling.
    - Avalon
    I can't bring myself to water these birch trees or believe in them.

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3578653;
    I'd venture to guess that he doesn't tolerate fools.JMO!
    This is exactly what I meant, thank you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AvalonR;3578717;
    She has let it slip that she chooses someone, though. In an interview with Chicago radio, she was talking about how the viewers will probably question her sanity throughout the process, but that "in the end, I chose a remarkable person... errr, I mean I made a remarkable decision"). It was a sincere fumble. Very telling.
    remarkable indicates Kip to me. I adore Reid but I am not sure that word applies to him....unless she was just throwing it around casually. Adn with the edit Kip has gotten, it would be hard for even me to argue with her choosing him. He seems like a straight-up good guy.

Reid fans may want to hustle on over to youtube to check out the latest videos made by Reid's friend BBCrazy. They are so much fun, and have convinced me that Reid is happy. He has either "moved on" or is still very much in love with his Jillian...... I am going with the latter. Hope alphabet doesn't take them down.... remember that Bevin video released before the Finale? Anyway, I am convinced there is a happy ending here - however, hard they had to work to achieve it. (sigh)
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3578727;
    remarkable indicates Kip to me. I adore Reid but I am not sure that word applies to him....unless she was just throwing it around casually. Adn with the edit Kip has gotten, it would be hard for even me to argue with her choosing him. He seems like a straight-up good guy.
    When I heard that interview I honestly thought that the remarkable person/remarkable decision she referred to meant that she chose herself. JMO.
    "Reality is merely an illusion, although a very persistent one." - Einstein

Karen Stivali - author and very cheeky chook