Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

FORT Fogey

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3578572;
    How would we know that? Someone who is commited and shows it by his actions and deeds, i.e. helping Stage IV cancer patients and homeless kids - isn't exactly an emotional lightweight if you ask me.
    I always thought Kip was a man with a lot of inner strength. He has a soft personality that helps when he is working with people with a variety of special needs. He is a kind man. I'd venture to guess that he doesn't tolerate fools.JMO!

FORT Fanatic

I believe at Whistler Jillian realize she has fallen in love with no one and just decide to finish the show.

Her head screwed on straight to me means - In the end I chose NOONE

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3577717;
    Back from vacation.

Finally watched Monday episode.

sdl's friend said it best: "a friggin' disaster."
    Shortened your post...but thanks for your thoughts and welcome back. I for one have greatly missed your insights and voice of reason.

So do you care to speculate on the ending.....tho a disaster it is/was/will be!

Can anyone give a rundown of the Insider interviews? Thanks.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3578337;
    Sure, why not? The same could be said for Jillian too. Between the oil massage and not wearing barely anything, he still didn't get aroused.

After seeing him smell his arm pits I would have to say he was nervous as all h*ll and she probably realized this too.

The bedroom deal is no biggy considering all the production crew there. He couldn't of very well said anything about all the cameras and crew being around.
    Not that Ed doesn't deserve some of what he is getting , but he doesn't deserve that one!! He was wiping sweat off his face with his arm the same way you would do outside in the heat.

Was it THAT hot in Hawaii though? I mean, he does live in Chicago...it gets mighty hot there.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3578661;
    Not that Ed doesn't deserve some of what he is getting , but he doesn't deserve that one!! He was wiping sweat off his face with his arm the same way you would do outside in the heat.
    They really got him with that one....I laughed so hard when I saw that on Monday. Its my new avatar!

[QUOTE=ironcat;3578607;]
    Quote Originally Posted by heatmiser;3578438;

Jill herself has admitted she went on Jason's show for the adventure of it and never believed she'd fall in love, so I doubt she'd fault Reid for the same thing. Most of these people go on the show for a variety of reasons that have nothing to do with the premise of TB.

Personally, I think anyone who comes on the show determined/desperate to fall in love, like Jake or Nikki from Jason's season, often is not able to distinguish between real emotions and those generated by the fake romantic setting they find themself in.
    I don't buy that Reid was just there for the adventure. He was 'in the market' for a girlfriend last fall according to several posters and was said to be very picky. Jillian knew this too and expressed it to his brothers while on his HTD. Reid's perspective though is really healthy. He wasn't there to 'make something happen' if it wasn't meant to happen. He was there to get to know Jill as a person and I think he succeeded in doing that really well. I do think he was surprised by how quickly feelings were developing for Jill and as we've all seen, had a hard time expressing it.

BUT... as several posters have noted, his love language is clearly 'touch', and he made it abundantly clear to Jill that he was VERY into her. But she needed the verbal affirmation. I can see why given the time constraints- the crazy circumstance.

I may be projecting but his achilles heal is that he's REIDICULOUSLY ANALYTICAL... he's a contemplative. He think things to death before he acts on them. And it's cost him in this case. But (my guess is) once he makes the jump to DECIDING that YES, he is in love with her, he'll have no problem expressing it- now and as their relationship continues to develop.

JMO... I hope in the stress of that situation that Jill can give him that second chance. I trust that she made the best decision for her.

[QUOTE=simplyfine;3578673;]
    Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3578607;

I don't buy that Reid was just there for the adventure. He was 'in the market' for a girlfriend last fall according to several posters and was said to be very picky. Jillian knew this too and expressed it to his brothers while on his HTD. Reid's perspective though is really healthy. He wasn't there to 'make something happen' if it wasn't meant to happen. He was there to get to know Jill as a person and I think he succeeded in doing that really well. I do think he was surprised by how quickly feelings were developing for Jill and as we've all seen, had a hard time expressing it.

BUT... as several posters have noted, his love language is clearly 'touch', and he made it abundantly clear to Jill that he was VERY into her. But she needed the verbal affirmation. I can see why given the time constraints- the crazy circumstance.

I may be projecting but his achilles heal is that he's REIDICULOUSLY ANALYTICAL... he's a contemplative. He think things to death before he acts on them. And it's cost him in this case. But (my guess is) once he makes the jump to DECIDING that YES, he is in love with her, he'll have no problem expressing it- now and as their relationship continues to develop.

JMO... I hope in the stress of that situation that Jill can give him that second chance. I trust that she made the best decision for her.
    You stated that very well.

I think Jillian saying he just came for adventure is what she was thinking, it didn't mean that was actually the case. But Reid stated that he was pretty jaded on the whole love thing anyway. He just applied due to people wanting him to and didn't think much of it.

FORT Newbie

If Ed supposedly had a sexual problem, then how are we to believe the rumors of him telling his girlfriend back in Chicago when she asked him if he slept with Jillian and he replied yes but so did the other guys?!?!?