Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3578418;
    Sick as it might be maybe his name ED gave them the how they were going to get him for his annoying behavior during filming. That was crass and thank goodness for ff features on DVRs.
    Anything is possible!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3578402;
    You're much too nice, anders. I think he said, "What the hell are we doing here?" IMMEDIATELY made me think that Ed hadn't even spoken with them ---that TPTB flew them out unbeknownst to Ed and simply filled Ed in later, inserting it into his FD. His mom seem shellshocked, his dad seemed utterly confused and Ed seemed uncomfortable when they first walked through the door. I half expected Ed's mom to ask Jillian, "What's your name again, hon?"
    You think they told the parents they had won a free vacation to HI courtesy of some hotel chain?

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3578418;
    Sick as it might be maybe his name ED gave them the how they were going to get him for his annoying behavior during filming. That was crass and thank goodness for ff features on DVRs.
    Would they be that cruel? ...yeah probably.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by 4Kicks;3578337;
    Sure, why not? The same could be said for Jillian too. Between the oil massage and not wearing barely anything, he still didn't get aroused.

After seeing him smell his arm pits I would have to say he was nervous as all h*ll and she probably realized this too.

The bedroom deal is no biggy considering all the production crew there. He couldn't of very well said anything about all the cameras and crew being around.

Gosh! Could we have that SC removed from the Screencaps only thread. It grosses me out every time I have to pass that pic while viewing the others on the page. Yikes!

FORT Fanatic
    Oregon-moved to Calif for school- finished school, still in CA

Quote Originally Posted by jlccaz;3577717;
    Back from vacation.

Finally watched Monday episode.

My continued take -- factoring in all bits of information on/off the show itself -- is that it was a completely screwed up season, from episode 1 to the finale.

Jillian was offered weak choices to begin with, made wrong attachments all along, for all her "pointed questions" missed huge glaring character flaws/weaknesses, and when she finally identified a couple of good guys, she wasn't sincerely in love with any of them, nor they with her. And they all strike me as fed up with the Production, and above all, weary of the Journey. The filming schedule was brutal and it is really showing by the time they dragged their exhausted crew and cast to Maui.

Jillian is upset at herself and the entire process and perhaps a few individuals, NOT upset about anything to do with actually having been in love, or even having been about to be in love.

The franchise is spent, and as it turns out, I don't care for the Show the Train Wreck form of editing any more than I liked the Show the [Manufactured] Love Story.

I have seen very, very few genuine moments of attraction and affection, and yes ladies and gentleman, that includes her time with St. Reid.

sdl's friend said it best: "a friggin' disaster."
    Very well put. It really does seem that Jillian does not know how to pick them. As Chris put it - many who come on these shows learn something about themselves and can move forward into successful relationships - after the cameras are turned off. From Jillian's interviews I think she did and that is why she is happy - finally happy with who she is. Now she probably won't have to work hard to have a relationship. Best of luck to her in the future.

[QUOTE=ThePhantomsGirl;3578187;][QUOTE=liz60;3578146;

Well that will depend if she picks who we like? For example, for me, if she picked Reid - I would think she messed up big time. Others will think she did right. Same with Ed ...some will like it...some won't.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, that's kind of obvious though. Here's the way I see it: this is a TV show first and foremost. You can root for whatever or whoever you want, and watch for whatever reason you want. If you base your opinions on what you would do if you were in Jillian's shoes, I think that's natural. No need to villify someone if they say they think Jilly's a fool for picking guy A over guy B. It's only an opinion. Heck, if you only want to see Jillian happy and try not to form personal biases, that's fine too. Or if you basically watch for the hot guys and your favorite thing about this season is Kiptyn's flamenco pants, cool. If you want to hope there will be a fairytale ending, fine. If you look at it like a puzzle and try to pick up clues in the editing and don't actually give a crap about a real love story, also fine. YKWIM?

Anyway, has anyone mentioned Jillian commenting to Chris that she didn't think Reid came on the show to find love? It made me wonder if she was hypersensitive to the whole "are they here for the right reasons" question after what went down with Wes. Reid always seemed kind of surprised that he liked Jillian as much as he did, like the whole thing was getting more serious than he imagined when he agreed to come on the show, which might have thrown her off base a bit. Especially when you have someone like Ed who claimed to have specifically come back FOR HER.

I nominate Ed's dad for saying the funniest line said by any family member in all of bachelor history. "What in the hell are we doing here Ed?" And he was so serious too!

Even more funny than Naomi's family dead bird burial.

Quote Originally Posted by realityismylife;3578405;
    Thanks, although its not a popular opinion. If it does happen can I come back and say I told you so??
    Still in my Jillian Reid happy bubble for 9 more days
    It's popular w/ me.

Re mysterious dangling thoughts...

Back in earlier episodes in Vancouver & Whistler, there were reports of guyS having girlfriendS - not just one guy with one girlfriend (Wes)...

The narrowing it down to just Wes took the pressure off the others, but I always thought about it... who? not Robby who hadn't kissed anybody in years, not Jesse who hadn't had a serious relationship in a long time... didn't seem like Reid when he was able to joke about all his wives etc. Not Tanner who would have been blowing his own cover... Not Jake (obviously) Not Kiptyn (too much integrity) Not Michael (not likely).... Ahhhhh... who's left???:

Quote Originally Posted by realityismylife;3577203;
    Thank you, thank you!! I watched and listened to Reid and Jillian on the bench from cupcakes video. I used headphones and the sound is remarkable. I noticed 3 telling reactions.
    At the 3:08 mark Reid says "I don't know" and Jillian says with a little laugh "I know you don't". She is very caring and comforting, cradling his head with her hand.
    I hear Jillian say I love you at the 3:24 mark. Unmistakable to me.
    At the 4:19 mark I think Jillian says call me. This is more garbled to me, but the look Reid gives her is like a what did you say followed by good luck.
    One last thing I just noticed in rewatching. Reid says I think I f#@$ed up. Have we ever heard Reid get bleeped before??
    This is the love story we've been clamoring for and we finally get it and people are looking at Kip and Ed.
    Reid comes back sometime before FRC. Jillian tells him she has to think about it. She rejects Kip and Ed. Who cares what Ed's confession is? if there is one.
    Reid is waiting for her wherever she and Chris go with those huge grins. He's got some kind of grand gesture (but not too grand that's not him). He asks if she wants to hang out some more.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    Staying in my Jillian Reid happy bubble for 10 more days.
    Mmm...I need to try that!