Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by papaase;3578352;
    The thing is Molly was given a sort of funky sexual edit w/ the overnight tent date w/ noises last season.
    Exactly. Who can forget the "walk of shame" she proudly proclaimed the morning after?

Does anyone think that TB making it look like Ed had performances issues was TB (humorous) way of addressing all of the "girlfriend" press?

Mind you I don't find it funny, but Fleiss does have a sick sense of humor.
    Last edited by freedom0927; 07-16-2009 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3578357;
    So many things about Ed's edit that are so unlike F1

When he left, Jill wondered if it really was for work purposes, and wondered if he would run when times got tough.

Although all the guys (but Kip) questioned Wes's intentions, Ed also called him a country singing turd.

She wonders if he's a workaholic, if he'll make time for her.

When he returned it was the most fake/scripted scene ever - I expected a more romantic, down on his knees, actually inconsolable Ed.

When she polled the group about g/fs - he claimed to not have one and yet the rumours point to him having not 1 but 2 and that TPTB knew this.

His FD alone time was definitely a huge red flag.

His father saying "What are we doing here" - if he flew them in, wouldn't he have clued them in into why they were coming??

there's more I know I'm not remembering right now.
    You're much too nice, anders. I think he said, "What the hell are we doing here?" IMMEDIATELY made me think that Ed hadn't even spoken with them ---that TPTB flew them out unbeknownst to Ed and simply filled Ed in later, inserting it into his FD. His mom seem shellshocked, his dad seemed utterly confused and Ed seemed uncomfortable when they first walked through the door. I half expected Ed's mom to ask Jillian, "What's your name again, hon?"
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3577924;
    Well, I like your story. A lot. I wondered about that shot with Jillian and Chris. Your explanation is very much to my liking, lol.
    Thanks, although its not a popular opinion. If it does happen can I come back and say I told you so??
    Still in my Jillian Reid happy bubble for 9 more days

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3578402;
    You're much too nice, anders. I think he said, "What the hell are we doing here?" IMMEDIATELY made me think that Ed hadn't even spoken with them ---that TPTB flew them out unbeknownst to Ed and simply filled Ed in later, inserting it into his FD. His mom seem shellshocked, his dad seemed utterly confused and Ed seemed uncomfortable when they first walked through the door. I half expected Ed's mom to ask Jillian, "What's your name again, hon?"
    I had that feeling as well. It doesn't seem like she knew much of what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by blasie;3575492;
    And I am as old as Reid's mother so that makes beyond a cougar and into the category of sabre tooth tiger. In my day ship board romances were common occurances. When I started watching this show I realized how similar the situations were. You are on the high seas and no contact with your real life. Every night at dinner passengers wore tuxedos and evening gowns, orchestras played 'til the wee hours of the morning. Very little to do but hang out by the pool during the day......a breeding ground for romance. Ship captains can perform wedding ceremonies. Love may be fleeting, but that kind of romance rarely lasts once everyone's feet are on terra firma.

No one can know if any of the couples from the show will survive IRW. It is incredulous to me to think that a viewer or fan would consider that proposals on the show would be valid and binding. It's just TV. Early in this season I regarded Jillian as a persona ....she came across as a teacher giving a lesson and following a curriculum......kinda like WELCOME BACK JILLIAN. The guys all seemed like stereotypes. The conversations were awkward as were the obligatory make-out sessions. Six-pack by six-pack the beefcake was eliminated, as were the freaks and the clueless. The last two standing are, the strong silent super-hero.....able to climb tall poles with a single bound, and Don Draper from Mad Men who has two identities and makes frequent mysterious business trips and it's no coincidence that female companionship is readily available despite his inability to show emotion.

As the crowd thinned, Jillian found a real boy who kissed her and turned her into a real girl. She was freed from her persona and she became a person who longed for the Real World. She released the real boy, even though it broke her heart, and if he comes back for her she will know that his love is true.

If anyone says that there is no love story here then they can't be helped, but those of us who can, see it like a Chagal painting, and we are crying and laughing and cheering and wishing them the best.

Thank You !!

You have made my day complete!!! Ahhhhhhhhh!!

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3578391;
    Does anyone think that TB making it look like Ed had performances issues was TB (humorous) way of addressing all of the "girlfriend" press?

I thought they were sending a message, "All Talk. No Action." Which I interpret in many ways, not just the "performance" issue.

Quote Originally Posted by realityismylife;3578405;
    Thanks, although its not a popular opinion. If it does happen can I come back and say I told you so??
    Still in my Jillian Reid happy bubble for 9 more days
    Absolutely! Copy your post!

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar

Reid becomes F1 in a unique way. (per freedom's source) It would be unique alright.
    We need not think alike to love alike

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by freedom0927;3578391;

Sick as it might be maybe his name ED gave them the how they were going to get him for his annoying behavior during filming. That was crass and thank goodness for ff features on DVRs.