Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by liz60;3578146;[QUOTE

OK 2 more weeks to see if our girl really has her head on straight.
    TEAM REID
    Well that will depend if she picks who we like? For example, for me, if she picked Reid - I would think she messed up big time. Others will think she did right. Same with Ed ...some will like it...some won't.
    Last edited by ThePhantomsGirl; 07-16-2009 at 11:43 AM.
    ______________________________ __
    This space for rent...

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3578151;
    No to mention the tacky outtake in the end. Did anyone else notice his edit was ok before he left (except calling Wes a country singing turd, commenting on Dave's temper). Since his return it's been like his bad twin has returned. Last episode was a nasty edit. Who knows what Fleiss has in store with the edit - we still have MTP and LCD to go.

I am suspicious of the way they are shoving Ed as f1. Where is the mystery of who is f1 for the finale? If they want viewers to tune into the finale why would they make it this obvious? They have already shown the proposal and "I love you " too soon. Usually by this time they speak in leading ways much like Kip does, don't they? Then they have Ed walk up to her when she's crying on the bench and thanking her for taking a "BET" on him. It's a bet alright . Why are they desperate to sell him as f1 already? After this many seasons doesn't that sound like a desperate sell?

The story also shows a conflict in story line between Reid and Ed in some ways. Reid said "Ed is a cool guy, but he is a threat". He warns Jillian there may be guys who may say something even if they are not honest and she would go for it (well, we know it's not Kip). He tells in the limo he didn't see her being happy with either of the two guys left.

As always just the way I see it.
    I'm looking at it through your eyes, too.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by guest;3574650;
    Here is a thought... (I'm a long-time reader of these Boards and watch all seasons but haven't posted ...you all do so well without my 2 cents ): Maybe Jillian decided choosing Reid as her F3 was the kick in the pants she knew she had to give him. Is that what she said to him in Spain? Something about him needing to have his butt kicked or a fire lit under him and they both agreed that was how they operated together? (You're all so knowledgeable, I know you'll remember better than I). Perhaps Jill knew at this point that neither Ed or Kip were her F1 choice, and if Reid was her F1, she needed a dramatic way to get him to realize/express his feelings. "You don't realize what you had until it's gone" .... and all that. God knows she tried many times in other ways!! The goodbye didn't feel "final" to me, and if she indeed said "call me", then that was perhaps a subtle clue to Reid to keep hoping. The producers would have been in on this, and would egg Reid on to stay and come back in the final. I don't have an opinion on way happens in the end, but I know he would have to meet her family before she decided to accept an engagement, so perhaps they've been dating secretly. All her PIs just point to Reid as F1 and although I don't have a favorite, I am going by her comments and body language when she's with him.
    I think some fans are more head over heels for Reid then Jillian?

[QUOTE=ThePhantomsGirl;3578187;][QUOTE=liz60;3578146;

Well that will depend if she picks who we like? For example, for me, if she picked Reid - I would think she messed up big time. Others will think she did right. Same with Ed ...some will like it...some won't.[/QUOTE]

and that's all okay, just as long as she's really happy.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin;3578231;
    I think some fans are more head over heels for Reid then Jillian?
    Guilty as charged!

But I really like Jillian, and I really like the person she is when she's with Reid...which is mostly happy, happy!

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3578151;
    No to mention the tacky outtake in the end. Did anyone else notice his edit was ok before he left (except calling Wes a country singing turd, commenting on Dave's temper). Since his return it's been like his bad twin has returned. Last episode was a nasty edit. Who knows what Fleiss has in store with the edit - we still have MTP and LCD to go.

I am suspicious of the way they are shoving Ed as f1. Where is the mystery of who is f1 for the finale? If they want viewers to tune into the finale why would they make it this obvious? They have already shown the proposal and "I love you " too soon. Usually by this time they speak in leading ways much like Kip does, don't they? Then they have Ed walk up to her when she's crying on the bench and thanking her for taking a "BET" on him. It's a bet alright . Why are they desperate to sell him as f1 already? After this many seasons doesn't that sound like a desperate sell?

The story also shows a conflict in story line between Reid and Ed in some ways. Reid said "Ed is a cool guy, but he is a threat". He warns Jillian there may be guys who may say something even if they are not honest and she would go for it (well, we know it's not Kip). He tells in the limo he didn't see her being happy with either of the two guys left.

As always just the way I see it.
    Seeker, I feel the same way about Ed. Before he left, he seemed happier, funnier, and often looked Jillian in the eye. "Since his return it's been like his bad twin has returned." It's strange.

Quote Originally Posted by HardSpun;3578255;
    Guilty as charged!

But I really like Jillian, and I really like the person she is when she's with Reid...which is mostly happy, happy!

Right on, hardspun. I love to watch them laugh and have fun, touching for us Reid fans.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by melrose place;3578177;
    Sick of the Ed/Jillian/Reid triangle, so going to another subject. I have been thinking about SDL's "frigging disaster" of a show this year. Why I think this happened was that Jilly did not follow the "love story" plot devised by TPTB. First, I think production wanted Jake to be in at least F3 for two purposes: (1) To be the next Bachelor, (2) As a foil to Wes who was promised F4. Therefore they brought Jake back under very scripted guise. Jilly had a thing for Kip and Ed who were not supposed to be in the F2. As such the rumors that Kip is the next Bach. I don't think TPTB knew that Ed would make it as far as he did, show such commitment, or that Jilly would fall for him, so that there was a lot of scrambling going on (whether or not they had to cover behavior in Chicago). As for Reid, I also don't think that TPTB knew how far he would get, so that in Hawaii they had to figure out how to get ratings higher. So Jilly used her own head and heart to make her decisions, there may have been a "love story" but it wasn't close to the one that the producers envisioned, and boy they had a lot of work to do to get the show together.

I try hard to analyze the edit to figure out who is F1. One of the things I do is to chart dates, the RC lineups, the toasts, etc.. What it looks like to me in comparing was that Jake, given the preseason big preview and that 2nd? episode concert date the same as Jillian had, was intended to perhaps be F3 - at least in the F4. I think what happened, however, is that although Jillian liked him, she was not "taken" with him enough to include him in the F4.
    Enter Reid in Jake's position in the F4 which would explain all the lateness in the edit.

In looking at all of the data, and believe me it has taken until Monday night to come to this conclusion, if this were a regular season ( Don't know that it will be), then the results surely would be: F1 Ed, F2 Kip, F3 Reid, F4 Wes according to the stats.

It is the theme this year that will make the difference. Is it F3 becomes F1, or is it Graham's theme of "She gets the one who got away." That is what I don't know.

If it is "F3 becomes F1", then then the stats won't show it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketol;3578168;
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder. Sometimes you truly don't realize what you had until it's gone. Some people aren't good expressing their feeling verbally (I am one of them, though I'm not nearly as stilted at Reid appears to be) but later, when it's said and done, so to speak, you realize "wow...I really love/like/want to be with that person. So, if that has happened for Reid and he feels that he has to make the effort cause Jilly is worth it, he should go and do it. I would find that sincere, especially regarding Reid, simply because we know him as someone who wouldn't (it appears) to say something simply because it's expected. Did I make any sense???
    You make perfect sense! Can everyone imagine how hard it would be for someone like Reid, who has trouble expressing his feelings, return and express them for all to see and hear on TV? And - take the risk of being rejected. If the Reid we are seeing on TV is close to the real guy, that would take courage. If he were rejected, I can't imagine there would be sightings of him laughing and acting normally. I think she'll take him back - or he will take her back! JMHO of course!

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3578052;
    I yelled at him with those same words. Not only was I trying to bend time, but trying to manipulate the editing to my emotional preference. Oh woe is me (who knows better) for caring one way or another.
    Ha! Maybe you're my daughter secretly posting under another name and claiming she's never watched before.... Nah.... Right?
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.