Page 13 of 1348 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3442114;
    Yes, jelle,those were the days. My mantra is that if love occurs on this show it's despite, not because of, the show.
    And those odds ... however long ... keep even the most cynical a teensy bit hopeful at this stage anyway! With so many ad$$ on the line, "they" can't take the chance that LOVE does not happen. So "they" seed the clouds, do rain dances, bribe, cajole, manipulate, and as a last resort manufacture DRAMA from conflict, competition, humiliation. We hate "them" for that ... until we tune in again. The Circle of Life, reality TV style.

Oh absolutely--we viewers are gazelles on Fleiss's serengeti. His lions, er sharks, to mix metaphors, are ferocious and we're wide-eyed. This part of the season is always like the beginning of autumn for me. The smell of freshly sharpened pencils in my book satchel, wide-lined notebook paper, uncracked books . . . .the anticipation of cheap champagne uncorked, roses fluffed. mmmmmmm ahhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by bamabrain; 05-09-2009 at 05:42 PM.

I think there was a time on The Bachelor that it was possible to begin a viable realtionship.
    I quite agree. But do they really sell more ads now then "in the olden days?" I recall viewership was pretty high back in the day. Of course I also recall walking uphill 3 miles in the snow to school and uphill 3 miles back as well. Things were simpler then.

Oops, I just checked. Sadly , Meredith's season finale had 13.5 million viewers. Jason's had 15.5 million.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamasam;3442179;
    I quite agree. But do they really sell more ads now then "in the olden days?" I recall viewership was pretty high back in the day. Of course I also recall walking uphill 3 miles in the snow to school and uphill 3 miles back as well. Things were simpler then.

Oops, I just checked. Sadly , Meredith's season finale had 13.5 million viewers. Jason's had 15.5 million.
    ratings had really drop if I remember until Andy's season...that season seemed to revive the show....but I think that was the LAST season that anyone had a REAL chance of finding love without the producers making the "picks"...with the exception of Brad...and IMO Fleiss wont EVER agree to giving anyone that much control again
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3440868;
    On the abcmedianet pictures? You can click on View Full Caption under each individual photo and the guys name is shown.....
    8029 is Kip and Jilli...
    Thanks I will out them all! At least you know there was no bias on my part and lookee here I picked Kip! Had the best feeling about him!
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Parasolpink;3442262;
    Thanks I will out them all! At least you know there was no bias on my part and lookee here I picked Kip! Had the best feeling about him!
    Your welcome! By the way, who is the guy with Jilli in your avatar?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3442341;
    Your welcome! By the way, who is the guy with Jilli in your avatar?
    Her dad

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3442350;
    Her dad
    AKA Glenn Harris-same noses
    "No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn't take the first pill that comes along!"Joyce Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by ky-la;3442350;
    Her dad
    Oh okay. Thanks! I thought he looked familiar. I loved her dad on Jason's season... so loving and fatherly he was.....

Quote Originally Posted by i<3realitytv;3442353;
    Oh okay. Thanks! I thought he looked familiar. I loved her dad on Jason's season... so loving and fatherly he was.....
    So true! But he looks soooo different without his Canuck flag wrapped around him!