Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

hmmm...That is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3481670;
    lLet me start by saying Reid is my favorite . However, I now believe Ed never leaves and is Final 1. It is Jake who leaves on his own accord. I think Ed's hometown date is evidenced by tractor pic, per much discussion on another board about this possibility of the topography. Ed is in Spain in the passionate fountain pic with Jill and I believe he is in the white shirt with rolled up sleeves on the bicycle and shown closing the door to the bedroom (hair on guys arm looks like Ed's, )where Jill is expectantly waiting in bed. With 3 dates in Spain, Reid is cut after these dates then 2 in Hawaii with pic evidence of only Kip zip line & Ed in sail boat in Hawaii. She let Reid go at final 3 , didn't want to hurt him further and knew Kip would not be heartbroken at final 2 since he has already admitted to her this has never happened to him. Ed captured her interest right away, she pursued him with the hotel zip line 1/1 date. Reid didn't even get a single date until later on and by that time her heart was decided on Ed. If Reid had truly been on her radar she would have made sure he had a 1/1 sooner so she could get him to the mansion to get to know him better for 3 days. Sure she was attracted to him and he is a gentleman so was a safe choice to take to F3. Although if any other Hawaii pic evidence actually shows Reid makes it there I reserve the right to change my mind!!!!!!LOL
    I don't think Jake will leave on his own, he's too love-struck. The tractor pic fits Jesse's HTD quite well, and it's pretty well sure that he's the one on the bike in Spain as it's a different city than the other SCs of Ed. Reid returned home around the same time as Kip, which leads me to believe they were both in Hawaii. If Reid didn't make it passed Spain, he would have returned home earlier than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by GRKmommy;3481770;
    ok, I will start by saying that Ed is my fav...even from when the original pics came out.

I have been reading everyone's theories (trying to understand this season) and I think the one above is it.
    1. The tractor guy has been a question from the beginning. Seems to fit MI area.2. The only reason we believed that Ed left was because of internet activity...is that correct? Someone in his position may have been allowed to work, etc or maybe his assistant did it...who knows.
    3. There was a DEFINITE attraction there between these two. She said that in the end we will know that she had her head on right (or something like that) and I think choosing Ed is why.
    4. He is not that to further a career or get into the celebrity scene from what we can tell. There interaction felt the most realistic.
    5. The pic of him in the Canada mag points to him being in Hawaii...the producers really hid this from us. This is the only evidence we have of him being there.

I do like Reid, but agree that she would have had him spend more time with her if he were the one. He has not been up to the mansion yet. As for Kip...no substance just physical.

Just my amateur opinion though.
    The area may look like Michigan, but why would Ed be on a tractor? Do we know anything about his parents, do they own a farm? If not, it makes no sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;3481670;
    lLet me start by saying Reid is my favorite . However, I now believe Ed never leaves and is Final 1. It is Jake who leaves on his own accord. I think Ed's hometown date is evidenced by tractor pic, per much discussion on another board about this possibility of the topography. Ed is in Spain in the passionate fountain pic with Jill and I believe he is in the white shirt with rolled up sleeves on the bicycle and shown closing the door to the bedroom (hair on guys arm looks like Ed's, )where Jill is expectantly waiting in bed. With 3 dates in Spain, Reid is cut after these dates then 2 in Hawaii with pic evidence of only Kip zip line & Ed in sail boat in Hawaii. She let Reid go at final 3 , didn't want to hurt him further and knew Kip would not be heartbroken at final 2 since he has already admitted to her this has never happened to him. Ed captured her interest right away, she pursued him with the hotel zip line 1/1 date. Reid didn't even get a single date until later on and by that time her heart was decided on Ed. If Reid had truly been on her radar she would have made sure he had a 1/1 sooner so she could get him to the mansion to get to know him better for 3 days. Sure she was attracted to him and he is a gentleman so was a safe choice to take to F3. Although if any other Hawaii pic evidence actually shows Reid makes it there I reserve the right to change my mind!!!!!!LOL
    During her chat with Reid at wrap party she said she thought he was hot and "I'm super interested in you" which were okay it's her choice of "I thought you were cute" that raises doubts. Reid is no dummy, he is very perceptive compared to the other guys, he has already said if Ed moved into the house he would be a threat and he knows it. If Ed were to leave and return as speculated then it's obvious that both Kip and Reid will know that they are not going to be picked. It would just be an extended vacation for them UNLESS of course Jillian decides to mislead them with a lot of crapola fed by the script the PTB may put together, in which case her image may be tarnished with the edit the PTB may put together to throw her under the bus.

Just a thought............wasn't Ryan given a clean edit like Reid during the Trista season? Don't remember any doubts about him. He was shy but he was so into her that Trista said she knew from the moment they met she had to keep an eye on him. If Jillian still believes in finding her best friend does Reid fit the bill better than the others from what we have seen so far?
    Last edited by seeker; 06-03-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3481795;
    The area may look like Michigan, but why would Ed be on a tractor? Do we know anything about his parents, do they own a farm? If not, it makes no sense.
    No we do not know but someone on another thread was saying that many Michigan-ers have summer homes, etc. in areas that look like this. Also, the poster confirmed that there were a few days in April that were unseasonably warm there and that would be why they are dressed as they are (referring to no jackets in Michigan in April). I have to find the thread and get back to you.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ironcat;3481795;
    It looks more like the landscape around teh California Valleys. That early in April (when shooting took place) you wouldn't see green yet in Michigan) and that hilly spot is definitely not in Illinois.

Someone posted this on another forum I read and I hadn't thought about it. Love Juan or hate him, he has handled the stuff with David well, including, as far as we know and I am sure they would have shown it, he hasn't bad mouthed David to Jillian. So, kudos to him because in that sense he has more patience that I would.
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by GRKmommy;3481806;
    No we do not know but someone on another thread was saying that many Michigan-ers have summer homes, etc. in areas that look like this. Also, the poster confirmed that there were a few days in April that were unseasonably warm there and that would be why they are dressed as they are (referring to no jackets in Michigan in April). I have to find the thread and get back to you.
    We live in Michigan near Lake St. Clair and we go to Milan and Saline which are very close to Monroe...Monroe for the most part is very rural, barns, corn crops, etc. His parents could very well live on a farm, or large piece of property with a pole barn and tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by GRKmommy;3481806;
    I'm a city girl so pardon my ignorance, but would someone with a summer home in Michigan have a tractor, and would it be a popular pasttime to ride around on it, or take a guest for a ride? Also, would Ed's parents be using the summer home even when it isn't summer? Just seems like we're stretching to make it fit, when the winemaker surveying his vineyard is the more obvious scenario to me.

eta Sorry, trisha, didn't see your post. Thanks for the info!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by seeker;3481803;
    During her chat with Reid at wrap party she said she thought he was hot and "I'm super interested in you" which were okay it's her choice of "I thought you were cute" that raises doubts. Reid is no dummy, he is very perceptive compared to the other guys, he has already said if Ed moved into the house he would be a threat and he knows it. If Ed were to leave and return as speculated then it's obvious that both Kip and Reid will know that they are not going to be picked. It would just be an extended vacation for them UNLESS of course Jillian decides to mislead them with a lot of crapola fed by the script the PTB may put together, in which case her image may be tarnished with the edit the PTB may put together to throw her under the bus.

Just a thought............wasn't Ryan given a clean edit like Reid during the Trista season? Don't remember any doubts about him. He was shy but he was so into her that Trista said she knew from the moment they met she had to keep an eye on him. If Jillian still believes in finding her best friend does Reid fit the bill better than the others from what we have seen so far?

Trista's season was more a straight shot season than less. We had the deceptive VOs throughout where we heard her remark that Charlie was the kind of guy she had always gone for and something about how taken she was with Charlie from the moment he got out of the limo ( to cast doubt upon her affection for Ryan). Other than that, there were no gimmicks or twists - certainly none of this folderol we have been seeing happening where the object of desire quits or quits and then comes back or the lead changes his/her mind after the FR and engagement ring has been given.
    We saw Ryan get out of the limo. She was taken by him and immediately asked him his name. We saw him read the first of his poems to her at the Meet and Greet, and she genuinely loved the idea, and it went from there. It's not that it was that easy to tell who the F1 was just by watching as Trista had definite chemistry with goodlooking Charlie too, but it was really a straight shot season.
    Last edited by Bloomers; 06-03-2009 at 03:52 PM.