Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

I just noticed this in the ABC Fall Primetime line up Press Release:
    “The Bachelor” will air Monday nights from 8:00‐10:00 p.m. following the run of “Dancing with the Stars,”
    This would mean mid-Nov or after Thanksgiving (or possibly later) is when TB airs again - filming in Oct - early Nov? This timeframe certainly gives one of The Bachelorette's heartbroken time to heal (the standard 4 months) and hop back on the saddle to be the new Bachelor.

However, when you consider filming and pre/post-show promotion, it would mean another 2+ month leave of absence from one's job in the same year. Who most likely has the autonomy and means to do this?
    Last edited by StanleyCupCanes; 06-03-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3481480;

This would mean mid-Nov or after Thanksgiving is when TB airs again - filming in Oct - early Nov? This timeframe certainly gives one of The Bachelorette's heartbroken time to heal (the standard 4 months) and hop back on the saddle to be the new Bachelor.

However, when you consider filming and pre/post-show promotion, it would mean another 2+ month leave of absence from one's job in the same year. Who most likely has the autonomy and means to do this?
    I am interested to see how Jake is edited out, he seems to be really popular so far and if he gets the heave ho & is heartbroken then I could see him or perhaps Kip for the same reason. I don't think Ed or Reid would do the bachelor IMHO.

This would mean mid-Nov or after Thanksgiving (or possibly later) is when TB airs again - filming in Oct - early Nov? This timeframe certainly gives one of The Bachelorette's heartbroken time to heal (the standard 4 months) and hop back on the saddle to be the new Bachelor.

Kip or Ed!

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3481495;
    Kip or Ed!
    I really can't see Ed as The Bachelor.

I could see Jake as The Bachelor though. Sorta Kip, not sure.

FORT Fan

I def can see Jake as the Bachelor if he leaves broken hearted and a fan fav. Bob from Trista's season left pretty early like Jake seems to do and he was the one that Fleiss brought back to be his first retred Bachelor and I can see him doing the same with Jake, the all-american pilot.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by painauchocolat;3481432;
    Did you mean test Kip/Ed or Kip/Reid?
    Mind going faster than fingers can type! I meant that perhaps she might be using the situation of allowing Ed to leave and return to manipulate and test both Kip and Reid. If she is indeed manipulating and testing as stated, and this theory is in action, then the cast and scripted Ed would be F3.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3481560;
    Mind going faster than fingers can type! I meant that perhaps she might be using the situation of allowing Ed to leave and return to manipulate and test both Kip and Reid. If she is indeed manipulating and testing as stated, and this theory is in action, then the cast and scripted Ed would be F3.
    I've been thinking this too, that if Jillian is manipulating the situation with Ed coming and going and testing Kip/Reid, I see Ed as F3.

I guess we'll see in a few weeks just what happened! Or what Fleiss wants us to see!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers;3481560;
    I agree with you BLOOMERS - testing of the top two could well be in the cards
    WHEW - Hang IN & Hang ON

Quote Originally Posted by CindyBee;3481548;
    I def can see Jake as the Bachelor if he leaves broken hearted and a fan fav. Bob from Trista's season left pretty early like Jake seems to do and he was the one that Fleiss brought back to be his first retred Bachelor and I can see him doing the same with Jake, the all-american pilot.
    I think it could be Kip quite easily. With Jake, it all depends on why he leaves (was he one with a girlfriend) and how they edit the interruption of Wes's htd. Also, with Jake, if he doesn't have acting aspirations, taking more time off as a pilot could be difficult. With so many of the airlines cutting back and some shutting down there is probably a surplus of pilots out there would he risk not having a job to come back to? I know the bachelor gets paid but would it be enough to consider an uncertain future when the show's done?
    "It's just a show" - let's try not to trash people - tptb do that very well all on their own they don't need our help!

Since DWTS usually ends right around Thanksgiving, I'm pretty sure TB will start airing shortly after New Years, just as it did in Jason's season. They generally show reruns or holiday-related programming in December.