Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

I have a couple of questions....

If they knew Reid was going home and Kip was staying why did we see more of Reid and Jill's date and so little of Kip's?

At the end, why was Ed allowed to go and comfort Jill on the bench and Kip had to stay in place? They always have to stay in place, even when Shannon got sick last year, all the girls had to stay in place.

Did anyone find Reid's "I hope you made the right decision" or whatever he said when they first started walking, reminiscent of Molly's "you made a mistake"?
    oh no...it's the BIG 5-0 ...when did this happen

Quote Originally Posted by Truelovealways;3570726;
    I think some people are just always trying to downplay their connection . She definitely has strong feelings for him and has from the start. I am now really beggining to think that Kip is her f1 after last nights show and the previews they showed

to me she looks like she is pulling away from this kiss

This one it looks like she cant get enough of it
    Call me shallow but I know which one I'd pick. I loved Kip in last night's epi. He seemed to be the most grounded which is funny considering they had him walking a tight rope.

Quote Originally Posted by ZulaMay;3570767;
    Two comments on this. I am 100% sure that they have great chemistry. But my husband noted that Reid didn't seem that upset when he got into the limo or even when he was talking in it. Maybe he was just being stoic, but I think that either he knew he would have another shot or he wasn't that upset.

snuffy, I'll have to go back and watch the looks on the faces of the F2! Do they really look freaked?
    I think he was just being stoic, too.
    Sometimes we think people have to have an overwhelming dramatic reaction to highly emotional situations, and I don't believe that. He seems like a reserved kind of person emotionally anyway, but just because it wasn't obvious doesn't mean he didn't hurt inside. I think he really was sad and tried to keep it together.

now I'm smilingmomof4!!!! smilingmomof3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by twinkletoes;3570768;
    Totally agreed that she missed the answers to her questions. When she was asking him about how he felt during their picnic, I think that's when he said he has a hard time saying things, but an easier time showing his feelings. Then he looked at her and gave her this tender kiss. I wanted to smack her upside the head for not seeing what his actions are telling her.
    I agree that Reid did communicate very sincerely in his way. He obviously loved the girl, we all agree on that. However, it is okay for Jillian to want a man who verbalizes things! My DH is super good at lovey dovey words and I adore it. If you want that in a man, you want it. Some men have that skill, others do not. I see Jillian as the type of woman who wants the words and the mushy stuff and lots of affection. I think this type of difference would be hard to accept over the long haul.
    ***"It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages" - Nietzsche *** "A woman who strives to be equal to a man is lacking in ambition"***

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyCupCanes;3570781;
    Call me shallow but I know which one I'd pick. I loved Kip in last night's epi. He seemed to be the most grounded which is funny considering they had him walking a tight rope.
    I would pick Kip to in a heartbeat he looked so good in the surboard caps plus in interviews that she has said what she is looking for I always think of Kip. I think Kip has been the only one that has had a building storyline and the only one who has had all of the questions answered like a F1 edit. I truly believe he will be the f1 but if not I will gladly take him lol
    "People throw rocks at things that shine and life makes love look hard but my choice is you" -Bremily

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3570774;
    I kind of take the opposite opinion. I think it was incredibly tacky, but I think the only way tptb would do this is if the guy comes out on the other side, redeems himself in some way. Just my feeling. So I think it must end well for Ed.

I totally Agree Luvvy.

FORT Fan

Where, oh where to comment!

The ONE thing that I can get out of my head: Why, why, why would you want to be with someone you can't be yourself with? I do not get it at all!!

I have recognized something in Reid that I wanted to pass along. I learned this about myself through a personality test called the Enneagram. I am a #6-the Loyalist and I think this is Reid. We are indecisive and cautious and it can make us nuts. It is like being on the edge of the cliff, you want to jump, and you just cannot do it. The point of the test is to balance these tendencies with the opposite or adjoing traits. Sometimes when we do take a risk it is a whopper-like me moving away from friends,, family, etc without knowing a soul.

I feel like I have been put through the ringer with this one. Reid is one of a kind.

Nicely Done!

I think some people are just always trying to downplay their connection . She definitely has strong feelings for him and has from the start. I am now really beggining to think that Kip is her f1 after last nights show and the previews they showed

to me she looks like she is pulling away from this kiss
    http://i29.tinypic.com/2k2e4i.jpg
    IDK.....how can she be pulling away from somebody, with her arms wrapped around them

Quote Originally Posted by JilCanuckFan;3570816;

I totally Agree Luvvy.
    I just happen to be watching the date again, but did you notice how giddy Ed is when Jillian is going on and on to his parents. I thought it was too cute.

Something else I didn't notice is that Judy (Ed's mom) knew that Jillian was an only child. I didn't catch that at first.

Quote Originally Posted by twinnies;3570818;
    Where, oh where to comment!

The ONE thing that I can get out of my head: Why, why, why would you want to be with someone you can't be yourself with? I do not get it at all!!

I have recognized something in Reid that I wanted to pass along. I learned this about myself through a personality test called the Enneagram. I am a #6-the Loyalist and I think this is Reid. We are indecisive and cautious and it can make us nuts. It is like being on the edge of the cliff, you want to jump, and you just cannot do it. The point of the test is to balance these tendencies with the opposite or adjoing traits. Sometimes when we do take a risk it is a whopper-like me moving away from friends,, family, etc without knowing a soul.

I feel like I have been put through the ringer with this one. Reid is one of a kind.
    So true...part of me wants to see him return and be "The one at the altar", the other part of me wants him to find someone who can appreciate & love him for the sweet caring man he seems to be. Jillian does not deserve him at this point, she is being shown to want the "quick" love someone who will say all the right things and do all the right things...but has no substance