Page 11 of 1348 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021611115111011 ... LastLast

Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3441470;
    I have a good feeling about him
    When I first saw his ABC Bio Pic, I thought he looked too baby-faced. BUT in the M&G and his online pictures, he looks a lot more mature. I think he's adorable. His background in starting businesses sounds like he might be pretty stable, too.

I have a feeling that the opinions I've formed on some of these guys will change at the M&G. I just want to keep thinking Kip is delicious, though.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by I'msotired;3441476;
    When I first saw his ABC Bio Pic, I thought he looked too baby-faced. BUT in the M&G and his online pictures, he looks a lot more mature. I think he's adorable. His background in starting businesses sounds like he might be pretty stable, too.

I have a feeling that the opinions I've formed on some of these guys will change at the M&G. I just want to keep thinking Kip is delicious, though.
    I agree, and there are some of the guys (not sure of all of their names) who don't look attractive/interesting at all just from the M&G photos...

Quote Originally Posted by chopstickchick;3441470;
    I have a good feeling about him
    Have no clue when he got cut, but he is not in the final 3.

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3441494;
    how do you know so much?! =)

Quote Originally Posted by cupcakes;3441494;
    Hey, cupcakces, always admire and trust your sleuthing and info.
    So, at this point, who do you think are in F3?

I brought my post over from the sleuthing thread. More appropriate here. This was regarding an article mentioned in that thread.

Originally Posted by atem View Post
    Don't worry. That was from an article written before Jillian even started filming!
    Well I hope there is a semblance of truth in this article. After all the goody-two-shoes misleads of the past two years, it's about time we are able to watch with some honesty in our experience. If that means we actually see Jillian pull some shady stuff and realize that is what she is doing, I say Go For It! Gotta pluck those thorns off the rose stems and try not to bleed while doing it. She may bleed and we'll see that too; or she may just play the game - either way it will be refreshing.

ETA: Back to an impression while reading sleuthing material: did you read the customer comments on Mark's business page? One said he liked working with him because he was hard-nosed and pushed hard. To me that could translate into he is a brat - especially from the facial expression I see when looking at the M&G photos. My opinion, of course. I hope he turns out to be a regular guy.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

just reminding everyone that today would've been deanna and jesse's wedding day... oh how much things change in a year

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3441541;
    Well I hope there is a semblance of truth in this article. After all the goody-two-shoes misleads of the past two years, it's about time we are able to watch with some honesty in our experience. If that means we actually see Jillian pull some shady stuff and realize that is what she is doing, I say Go For It! Gotta pluck those thorns off the rose stems and try not to bleed while doing it. She may bleed and we'll see that too; or she may just play the game - either way it will be refreshing.
    I couldn't agree more.

The various iterations of this show have proven that the stated premise--not only to fall in love with The One but also to become For Real Engaged and ultimately Happily Married with 2.0 Children (re: Trista and Ryan) is the aberration. The "twists"--i.e. predetermined character roles, backstage directing, on-camera poking and prodding to elicit emotions, finale outcome negotiations (including plane tickets and rings on strings), choices of whom to cut when, etc.--are actually Fleiss's lifeblood.

Since last season was the biggest shark-jumper (to date), our Jilly got a bird's eye view of what the show is really all about. One reason why I never am an advocate of recycled rejectees becoming the subsequent season's "star" is because audience sympathy usually turns on the Bachelor(ette) when s/he performs Fleiss's dirty deeds. But that's the nature of the beast. I do think that Jilly appears to have more cojones than Jason did so hopefully she'll give Fleiss a run for his money.

I thought Tessa and Andy had a shot at the Real Thing because Tessa was (from the beginning) so evasive of Fleiss's vaseline-coated camera lenses. Too bad Andy was of the "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille" post-show mentality. At any rate, I maintained at the time and I still maintain now that it's a fluke when the premise of the show is fulfilled--that two basically romantic types, who are level-headed enough to make a hothouse romance blossom into a marriage in real life, find each other on tv. The odds are greater that two adventurous types who are healthily skeptical about the process and the filming of a "reality" tv show actually bond over the absurdity of their shared experience. I doubt that Jilly has the romantic illusions about this show that some viewers still maintain. I wish her well in this adventure. Sometimes I think the viewers take this show more seriously than the participants.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamabrain;3441864;

Since last season was the biggest shark-jumper (to date),
    Personally, I think the show jumped the shark with Matt and the obvious set up with Shayne. That was the worst season ever.

I also loved Andy and Tessa and thought they could/would really make it. It was also at the end of that season that I found this board and became far less naive about the whole thing.

Help!! Does anyone know how to upload a picture at the proper size? I've been trying to put a pic on the Fun with Jillian thread, but it keeps coming up as a thumbnail. The size of the file is under "100," so I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
    Every time MF grins, somewhere in the world a unicorn dies.
    I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto.