Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

Historically Addicted lovemygirls's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine_16;3569636;
    All I saw was the video messages the guys left for her and the RC.Should I watch the rest of the episode or would it not even be worth it?
    Depends what you want to see. Watch Kip and Reid's date if you want to -- . Watch Ed's date if you want to -- and .

JMO

Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

All I saw was the video messages the guys left for her and the RC.Should I watch the rest of the episode or would it not even be worth it?
    I liked Kiptyn's date and of course loved Reid's. No comment on the rest.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3569628;
    I didn't see Kip's suite date. Was it so blatant that she wanted to have sex with him? Did they shut the door? Or what?
    They kissed on the bed and then he got up and closed the louver doors. End of scene. Why did they keep the cameras rolling on Ed's bed scene? Don't they usually cut the cameras in the Fantasy Suite when it's bedtime?

I'm not going to lie, I thought it was tasteless and disgusting from the minute Jill stepped out of the bathroom wearing that white whatchamacallit and when it was riding up on her legs I wanted to vomit. This is on national television. If you think the hot tub scene from Jason's season was bad, clearly there is a new low for me. I am 35 years old, and Jill is not that far off from 35. It is the type of thing that maybe you would see on The OC or Gossip Girls or something like that. If this is a real love story I don't need to see straddling and see through white whatevers on my TV IMO. I can't imagine them at age 65: "Hey Jill remember the time they showed us in the Fantasy Suite when we were younger?"
    REALLY doesn't jive with me.

FORT Fogey

Based on what I saw with Ed & Kip tonite, Jill either ends up with no one or with Reid.

Also, TPTB were very clever with their statement about the finale when they say one of the bachelors "makes a confession". SDL has said they weren't finished editting the finale, so it could be Ed confessing his "external issues" to her or it could be Reid expressing his feelings. Either way the statement works.

Watch it only if you want to be 100% convinced that Jillian is the dumbest human to ever breathe on her own. She basically passes up Reid who adorably tries to explain how he feels but falters for Ed who likes to slip phrases about how "hot she is" and how much he wants to "attack her" but cannot muster up the courage to do so. You've been warned.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

Quote Originally Posted by ZG_Champion;3569647;
    They kissed on the bed and then he got up and closed the louver doors. End of scene. Why did they keep the cameras rolling on Ed's bed scene? Don't they usually cut the cameras in the Fantasy Suite when it's bedtime?
    Exactly my point! Yet we hear Jillian say she wants sexy time and she even changes her outfit. I tell ya they set it up like they were about to shoot a love scene, make a sex tape. I just thought that part was inappropriate to show.

At least I got to see Jillian taking care of him and rubbing his sunburns .

Watch Kiptyn and Reid's dates. I would not watch Ed's unless it is on an empty stomach!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvvy;3569613;
    I think it was handled horribly all the way around. I do think he wanted to and that he was disappointed, and promised he'd deliver later. I think it's uncalled for to do this, but you could clearly see that they are sunburned, and someone mentioned on another site that it isn't massage oil but aloe, and they were rubbing each other's burn spots.

....(snipped)
    JMO, but I think they both wanted to (did?) fall fast asleep. Crikey! How Many Times did Ed prattle on about Jillian being HOTT (yes, with 2 t's)? Personally, I was getting a little skeeved out by how much he said it, and I like TV-Ed!

I'm more sicked out by TPTB making it look like some physical dysfunction. Whether it was Ed, Reid or even Wes (whom I continue to like not so much), that's totally TMI. I'm far from a prude, but that insinuation was too graphic.

Is it a total coincidence that Reid called himself Jill's honeybear and Jesse called Jillian a little honey-boo-bear?
    "A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -Groucho Marx

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by victoria;3569589;
    Is it just me or was that one of the weirdest episodes ever?
    It's not just you. It was weird, disappointing, disjointed and icky.