Thread: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

  1. #10501
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    336

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by atlMD;3569496;
    I am still in shock, have cried my eyes out. Oh Jillian,Jillian Jillian what have done? You say you could tell that he cared for you but you wanted him to say it, what does that do for you. even though you knew it was difficult for him. He told you this but you kept on. I had so much hope you for, so much hope. Kip is a nice dude but there's really nothing there and Ed, no words-some words, the guy was thinking so much about his harem @ home that when it was time for intimacy, couldn't even get it together and as usual, you are giving excuses for him, just like when he left and came. Just like you kept giving excuses for Wes. The time will come when you'll hopefully realize that this guy is not really into you, my hope is that it won't bed too late. Cannot believe that you kept Ed over Reid. I would like all the Ed fans to tell me the "so called chemistry" with this guy. Remember, his date was after Reid's, Jillian was already inlove and the romance wasn't there for her either. Prove me wrong and don't say becuase Reid is gone, we all saw her reaction to that.

    I know I am rambling but I am so confused and sad. I have no doubt that Jillian cried herself to sleep and I wonder what her parents and thinking right now. I also wonder what she will say in her blog tomorrow. Can't wait for Trista's as well - will like to see how she's going to spin this Ed ED issue.
    why is it that everyone thinks she should've picked Reid over Ed....what about Kiptyn...honestly she should have let Kiptyn go and kept Reid and Ed.

  2. #10502
    Team Choca :) Luvvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,776

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;3569505;
    yeah the parents were a little weird...maybe Ed knows this is and that is why he had things on his mind during the fantasy suite date. yeah I totally expected the mom to bring up how she wanted Ed to be on the show....was Ed lying or did we take what he said out of context...did he mean his mom would prob think he was a good match for Jillian IF she knew who Jillian even was. That was definitely weird.
    The mom did know who Jill was. But she didn't bring up that she nominated him. She said she didn't think Ed would do it.

  3. #10503
    FORT Fanatic biglove44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    600

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3569489;
    Yeah, honestly about both the FS being camera free and the mom? We didn't see Reid or Kip with her although I'm assuming she effed both of them and it was good apparently for Reid yet with Ed, did she realize he couldn't get it up and called the cameras back in? Honestly, what? It felt like the cameras left and then came back when they figured out they're weren't going to be having wild sex like she planned. And Jill's "outfit" was hilarious just a shirt, no underwear in sight. No wonder Reid doesn't want to propose to you, Jilly Belly, you're out sleeping (or attempting to) with two other men on national television while wearing basically nothing.

    As for the parents, not only were they weird but the mom seemed so fake and cold. And I don't get how she nominated him for the show when she didn't even know who Jill was? And Ed couldn't be bothered to put on pants to go see his own parents? What?
    Jillian's time with Ed's mom was uncomfortable to watch...it almost seemed like she didn't even know who Jillian was from the previous season.

    His parents were cute though.

  4. #10504
    FORT Fanatic black_tears's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    420

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Alanna;3569489;
    Yeah, honestly about both the FS being camera free and the mom? We didn't see Reid or Kip with her although I'm assuming she effed both of them and it was good apparently for Reid yet with Ed, did she realize he couldn't get it up and called the cameras back in? Honestly, what? It felt like the cameras left and then came back when they figured out they're weren't going to be having wild sex like she planned. And Jill's "outfit" was hilarious just a shirt, no underwear in sight. No wonder Reid doesn't want to propose to you, Jilly Belly, you're out sleeping (or attempting to) with two other men on national television while wearing basically nothing.

    As for the parents, not only were they weird but the mom seemed so fake and cold. And I don't get how she nominated him for the show when she didn't even know who Jill was? And Ed couldn't be bothered to put on pants to go see his own parents? What?
    I agree with everything you just said, so I'm just going to give this post a big

    "Guess what? I have flaws. What are they? Oh I dunno, I sing in the shower? Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me-- no, don't sue me. That is opposite the point I'm trying to make." The Office

  5. #10505
    Team Choca. Brad who?! Alanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    9,066

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;3569516;
    why is it that everyone thinks she should've picked Reid over Ed....what about Kiptyn...honestly she should have let Kiptyn go and kept Reid and Ed.
    I think she has a crush on Kip and he seems to be really sweet, kind and truly a wonderful guy. Ed, otoh, has shown himself to be a mega creep at this point and is as slimy and nasty as they come. Again, she picked this fellow over Reid? REID? Jillian, again, you're dumb. I hope you're watching this right now and feeling like an idiot.
    Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
    Carrie: What an amazing observation!
    Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
    ~ Sex and the City

  6. #10506
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    111

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by lovemygirls;3569435;
    OMG I just have to tell you guys this...my 9 year old niece just went by the tv when Ed was saying that Jillian is hot and he wants to attack her and she says..."what is he? 11 years old" insert eye roll as she walked out of the room.
    love the kid, they always know the difference!!

  7. #10507
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    I’ve decided to come out of my closet (or lurkdom) to officially declare myself a Reid/Jilly fan, and an obsessed one at that.

    The scene of Jillian and Reid hugging on the bench, both teary eyed with words that couldn’t be spoken—is one of the most heartfelt, heart-breaking and yet romantic scenes I’ve seen on TV. That scene alone speaks volume about their connection, which I think is at a level right up there alongside Meredith/Ian (if not Trista/Ryan). I believe he’s her intended F1. He’s the only person with whom she’s really considering a future. Kip has expressed similar hesitation in proposing at the end of the show, but she didn’t seem to care nearly as much as when the hesitation’s from Reid. It seems to me--and I’m a very unromantic Aquarius, so I can’t believe I’m saying this—that the intensity of their feelings scare them both, and as a result they just became extremely insecure with each other. In some ways I can understand why Jilly had to let him go: when your feeling for a person is that strong, the mere thought of him potentially not reciprocating it just becomes that much scarier, and that’s when you’d start imagining all the “worst scenarios” possible, and try to use your rationality to convince yourself out of pursuing it. I'm exactly like that (fortunately happy ending for me). In Jillian’s case, there’s also the added pressure for a successful ending with a proposal. In real life jillian could probably just take what he communicated through his eyes and go with it, but in the context of this show the lead could only take unspoken words so far. She probably thought with Ed and Kip there’s a higher chance for a successful ending—ie proposal—and forgot to consider the chances for a successful relationship in real life.

    The preview leaves me utterly confused. After what came down tonight there’s no way Ed’s be F1--the bus has obviously come his way; Kip and Jilly just seem to be mutually not into each other. Not that I know anything about editing, but many of the lines from Reid that are edited in tonight seem to point to his return. I do believe he’s into her, and I can see Reid coming back in the finale and give it another try with Jillian, maybe to declare his love, but a proposal would seem completely out of character. If he does it’d seem producer-driven rather than genuine, because, after all, the past 3 episodes have been all about his non-commitment.

  8. #10508
    FORT Fan 4Kicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    287

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by biglove44;3569525;
    Jillian's time with Ed's mom was uncomfortable to watch...it almost seemed like she didn't even know who Jillian was from the previous season.

    His parents were cute though.
    Maybe if or when she signed Ed up for the show she was expecting Melissa?

  9. #10509
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    48

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Quote Originally Posted by Toughness;3569505;
    yeah the parents were a little weird...maybe Ed knows this is and that is why he had things on his mind during the fantasy suite date. yeah I totally expected the mom to bring up how she wanted Ed to be on the show....was Ed lying or did we take what he said out of context...did he mean his mom would prob think he was a good match for Jillian IF she knew who Jillian even was. That was definitely weird.
    That was definitely not the edit of a woman who thought Jillian was perfect for her son and told him about Jillian. The mom seemed wary and a bit suprised by Ed being there (which are natural emotions, but it doesn't go w/ someone who supposedly told her son what Ed told her she did.)

  10. #10510
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    70

    Re: Bachelorette 5 Thoughts and Comments

    Hmmm. ARe they filiming Reality Steve's conspiracy theory from Jason's season -- the one where Jason wanted Molly but was told in order to get her, he'd have to pick Melissa first?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.